Author Topic: Shaun Grigg hopeful of remaining at Punt Rd despite no 2017 contract yet (H-Sun)  (Read 5247 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Shaun Grigg hopeful of remaining at Richmond despite no contract yet for 2017

SAM LANDSBERGER
Herald Sun
6 August 2016

SHAUN Grigg wants to force a contract offer from Richmond with a strong finish to the season.

The Tigers are facing a litany of list management decisions with about 15 players coming out of contract and an interest in trading for Gold Coast ball magnet Dion Prestia.

Grigg, 28, has played 17 games this year and on Saturday declared his desire to stay at Punt Rd.

It is understood a one-year deal is currently being thrashed out.

“I’m one of many (out of contract at Richmond),” he said.

“I’ve just tried to play some good, consistent footy this year. Hopefully I can finish off the year strong, we get a couple of wins and it (a new contract) looks after itself.”

Grigg crossed from Carlton after the 2010 season and has been a durable star for the Tigers, playing 45 out of the past 46 games.

“I want to stay at Richmond, I want to be a Richmond player,” he told ABC.

“I’ve been fairly lucky with injury, I’ve been able to help the side out OK.

“Hopefully it works out that way and I’ll be wearing a Richmond jumper next year.

“I’m 28 now, I’m at the back end of my career. I understand I don’t have a lot of years left, I just want to win.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/shaun-grigg-hopeful-of-remaining-at-richmond-despite-no-contract-yet-for-2017/news-story/02b7bf3fdaa7d0cbd4036e87b7cd40e3

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Who's carrer gets peeed down the loo?

C Ellis?
Mcintosh?
Menadue?
Lambert?

Too many list blockers to progress
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 10:24:34 PM by Stalin »
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Assistant coach with Chaplin
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Grigg has been better value than Edwards this year.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
And yet you'd struggle to get a 5th rounder for grigg
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
oh look Shaun's a superstar and still a very important part of the side going forward.....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
oh look Shaun's a superstar and still a very important part of the side going forward.....

Dimmer just doesn't GET the fact that the players HE decided this team needed are all the reason why we are so poo. Well that and his coaching.

Houli, Grigg, Hunt. All 2nd - 3rd rate players expected to give us the structure to beat all teams with
Both better players and a better game.

FML.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
I love a thread that throws out some chicken food

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame

I love a thread that throws out some chicken food
:lol

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
Grigg has been better value than Edwards this year.

There was a time when titch was going good enough to be part ofte mystical claw future 22 blue print:

[quotehmm best 22 based on Mature  players worth keeping and only includes players who have shown they can consistently play to a decent afl level.

FB: Grimes - #### - ####
HB: #### - Rance - ####

OB: #### - Cotchin - Miles
MID: Deledio - Martin - Yarran

HF: #### - Riewoldt - ####
FF: #### - #### - ####

INT: Vlastuin -  McIntosh - Edwards - ####

Obviously it does not include juniors as none have reached a good level of afl consistency. The blank spots where possible should be filled with juniors or at seasons end with very good mature recruits.][/quote]

I'm not defending Edwards but highlighting he is seen as having an iota of talent at times by even the most harsh of critics.

Grigg I'm guessing has never be bestowed such an honour. Not will he. Cause grigg is as pure a list blocker as they come.

I feel strongly about this cause I'll be peeed if grigg gets another 1-2-3 years wen some kid/a with ability are mismanaged again.

If Prestia comes in that's only less spot again.

Jackstar 1960

It's funny you keep Vlaustin
Trade big time
Choco Williams said on Friday, Nick can't play midfield as he has zero endurance
Very limited
Needs to be traded if that's the case
You keep Grigg , why . He can run all day .great endurance  and heads the GPS charts at punt Rd
But the supporters and OER experts want to keep Vlaustin
Funny stuff

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
Yeah yeah vlastuin sucks.

Grigg rocks

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
More comedy gold from Trollstar.... :clapping
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
It's funny you keep Vlaustin
Trade big time
Choco Williams said on Friday, Nick can't play midfield as he has zero endurance
Very limited
Needs to be traded if that's the case
You keep Grigg , why . He can run all day .great endurance  and heads the GPS charts at punt Rd
But the supporters and OER experts want to keep Vlaustin
Funny stuff
If it was about running, why don't we just get 22 Kenyans into the team? Their GPS numbers would head the AFL.....  :whistle
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
With such insight it's hard to believe he was sacked from two clubs....

- Thomas Sowell