Author Topic: Will you be renewing your membership in 2017?  (Read 4579 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Will you be renewing your membership in 2017?
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2016, 12:16:57 PM »
I have a three-game membership now and haven't been to a game yet lol.  Worse than that, I don't want to go to a game.

Worse than that, I couldn't be bothered even looking up who we play the following week

And it's not only because Richmond are pathetic and will never change, but the game itself stinks, and has for a while.

This from someone who went to every practice match, every game, as many interstaters that I could afford, to absolutely nothing.  No interest and never will have it back again.

When the game chose to take a path of "professionalism" and take the "heart" out of the game, became this moral compass on how players should act, supporters should support, change every rule in the book every year, take out the speccies, the individualism, even the thuggery (to a point), they lost me.

I watch this site and I wonder how you poor sods are still surviving this garbage.  Honest, you don't deserve it.  You have better things you can be doing lol - do some gardening, read a book, take your dog for a walk, play with your kid, whatever lol - you honestly don't deserve what you get served up.
We obviously have masochistic traits.... :snidegrin
No, young and naive - one day you will realise it was all just one horrible nightmare and you'll wake up and the world will be good again!
Dear lady, I'm not much younger than you I would have thought!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline froars

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2016, 12:20:58 PM »
I have a three-game membership now and haven't been to a game yet lol.  Worse than that, I don't want to go to a game.

Worse than that, I couldn't be bothered even looking up who we play the following week

And it's not only because Richmond are pathetic and will never change, but the game itself stinks, and has for a while.

This from someone who went to every practice match, every game, as many interstaters that I could afford, to absolutely nothing.  No interest and never will have it back again.

When the game chose to take a path of "professionalism" and take the "heart" out of the game, became this moral compass on how players should act, supporters should support, change every rule in the book every year, take out the speccies, the individualism, even the thuggery (to a point), they lost me.

I watch this site and I wonder how you poor sods are still surviving this garbage.  Honest, you don't deserve it.  You have better things you can be doing lol - do some gardening, read a book, take your dog for a walk, play with your kid, whatever lol - you honestly don't deserve what you get served up.
We obviously have masochistic traits.... :snidegrin
No, young and naive - one day you will realise it was all just one horrible nightmare and you'll wake up and the world will be good again!
Dear lady, I'm not much younger than you I would have thought!
Dear Mr Yellowandblackblood, good for you!

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2016, 12:25:29 PM »
Yes

Disclaimer: Don't get Cloke  :shh

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2016, 12:42:24 PM »
Certainly
Might even got a player sponsor as well
Give you all one guess ?
🔨⏱😉

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2016, 12:48:08 PM »
If cloke gets drafted i dunno how ill bring myself to attend a game....
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2016, 12:52:45 PM »
Certainly
Might even got a player sponsor as well
Give you all one guess ?
🔨⏱😉

Not a bad way to get to Megan! :snidegrin

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2016, 01:13:26 PM »
I agree with many that there was a time there when the AFL went through a great era - access to the club wasn't contrived and the game itself wasn't as manufactured and standard compromised - I've seen a palpable drop in standard since the extra teams have arrived.
Having said that, all sport has dropped in my interest because of the above.
I used to love tennis through the 80's and now find it unwatchable.
The absence of any batting and bowling skill in the Australian cricket team is a disgrace - yet they are top of the ladder in cricket.

Having said all of the above, I love AFL the most and at its best the game is amazing to watch.
As for the Tigers - if I wasn't renewing, I wouldn't be posting, I wouldn't be going - id simply move onto something else.
I don't see us as negativity as others but definitely agree with the a number of the points made.
Particularly player development and coaching game plan (who the hell would be scared being tackled by a Richmond player?) and the complete lack of pro active list management are areas that should've been addressed at the end of 2014.
But while I remained interested in the Tiges, I'll stump up the cash.
There are plenty of other things in life that don't deliver which I'll happily opt out of before Peggy and the gang  ;D
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2016, 01:16:06 PM »
I agree with many that there was a time there when the AFL went through a great era - access to the club wasn't contrived and the game itself wasn't as manufactured and standard compromised - I've seen a palpable drop in standard since the extra teams have arrived.
Having said that, all sport has dropped in my interest because of the above.
I used to love tennis through the 80's and now find it unwatchable.
The absence of any batting and bowling skill in the Australian cricket team is a disgrace - yet they are top of the ladder in cricket.

Having said all of the above, I love AFL the most and at its best the game is amazing to watch.
As for the Tigers - if I wasn't renewing, I wouldn't be posting, I wouldn't be going - id simply move onto something else.
I don't see us as negativity as others but definitely agree with the a number of the points made.
Particularly player development and coaching game plan (who the hell would be scared being tackled by a Richmond player?) and the complete lack of pro active list management are areas that should've been addressed at the end of 2014.
But while I remained interested in the Tiges, I'll stump up the cash.
There are plenty of other things in life that don't deliver which I'll happily opt out of before Peggy and the gang  ;D
:clapping

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2016, 02:08:25 PM »
It's up for debate in our household. Simply, not sure we are prepared to part with high hundreds of dollars to watch and help fund the same crap and then be lied to or not appreciated.

In our house, and broader family who contribute about 20 memberships (and have done so since the mid 90's), this year has been the straw which has broken the camels back.

Sounds exactly like the description of my family - haha!

Doufey is Dooks son = confirmed

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2016, 06:32:04 PM »
No but I'm going for an mcc membership instead. Saying that we are horrible to watch

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2016, 06:39:05 PM »
1965 actually raised a really good option and it's one I intend to take.

I will get the base 3 game membership. Solely so I keep my gold successive years going.

My daughters will miss out.

Will go from spending 1400 to spending the bare minimum.

Cotch and Dimma can stick their four walls up their arse.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2016, 06:53:11 PM »
1965 actually raised a really good option and it's one I intend to take.

I will get the base 3 game membership. Solely so I keep my gold successive years going.

My daughters will miss out.

Will go from spending 1400 to spending the bare minimum.

Cotch and Dimma can stick their four walls up their arse.

Damo, I have always looked up to you as the bastion of calm and measured comments about the club. Tell us, why youre at where you are at with the club.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2016, 07:24:49 PM »
Todays game will have bad results on 2017 membership figures

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2016, 08:11:32 PM »
afl membership only for me.

stuff the losers.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2016, 09:13:52 PM »
Have fun supporting an even more soulless corporation