Author Topic: Will you be renewing your membership in 2017?  (Read 4703 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Will you be renewing your membership in 2017?
« on: August 14, 2016, 08:14:35 AM »
Will you be renewing your membership for next year? Vote up.

It's up for debate in our household. Simply, not sure we are prepared to part with high hundreds of dollars to watch and help fund the same crap and then be lied to or not appreciated.

In our house, and broader family who contribute about 20 memberships (and have done so since the mid 90's), this year has been the straw which has broken the camels back.

The player trade period and who gets shown the door in terms of coaches and recruiters will play a massive part in our decision.

In summary, the issues include:-

Funding a team of dishonest persons within the club unable to deliver
Drafting, Playing and retention of certain players
Disrespect of fans
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Re: Will you be renewing your membership in 2017?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 08:41:37 AM »

Yes but will consider down sizing to a 3 match membership.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 08:42:55 AM »
Yes
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 10:12:29 AM »
Yes :thumbsup

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 10:17:44 AM »
Yes, Platinum for me next year

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2016, 10:54:54 AM »
Yes

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2016, 11:08:22 AM »
Will you be renewing your membership for next year? Vote up.

It's up for debate in our household. Simply, not sure we are prepared to part with high hundreds of dollars to watch and help fund the same crap and then be lied to or not appreciated.

In our house, and broader family who contribute about 20 memberships (and have done so since the mid 90's), this year has been the straw which has broken the camels back.

The player trade period and who gets shown the door in terms of coaches and recruiters will play a massive part in our decision.

In summary, the issues include:-

Funding a team of dishonest persons within the club unable to deliver
Drafting, Playing and retention of certain players
Disrespect of fans

Sounds exactly like the description of my family - haha!

I always have this argument with Dad and my bro - we always end up signing up. I'm resigned to locking myself in for eternity. I look at it like my car rego or insurance, a bucketload of money you have to pay for little in return.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2016, 11:17:08 AM »
I will wait till after the trade period - I want to see some balls when it comes to list management.
Unleash the tornado

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2016, 11:45:54 AM »
No. l had a gutful of watching players who play backwards & sideways. No  :banghead
l can watch it without being a member

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2016, 11:47:00 AM »
I will wait till after the trade period - I want to see some balls when it comes to list management.

:thumbsup

Offline froars

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2016, 12:06:30 PM »
I have a three-game membership now and haven't been to a game yet lol.  Worse than that, I don't want to go to a game.

Worse than that, I couldn't be bothered even looking up who we play the following week

And it's not only because Richmond are pathetic and will never change, but the game itself stinks, and has for a while.

This from someone who went to every practice match, every game, as many interstaters that I could afford, to absolutely nothing.  No interest and never will have it back again.

When the game chose to take a path of "professionalism" and take the "heart" out of the game, became this moral compass on how players should act, supporters should support, change every rule in the book every year, take out the speccies, the individualism, even the thuggery (to a point), they lost me.

I watch this site and I wonder how you poor sods are still surviving this garbage.  Honest, you don't deserve it.  You have better things you can be doing lol - do some gardening, read a book, take your dog for a walk, play with your kid, whatever lol - you honestly don't deserve what you get served up.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2016, 12:07:56 PM »
I have a three-game membership now and haven't been to a game yet lol.  Worse than that, I don't want to go to a game.

Worse than that, I couldn't be bothered even looking up who we play the following week

And it's not only because Richmond are pathetic and will never change, but the game itself stinks, and has for a while.

This from someone who went to every practice match, every game, as many interstaters that I could afford, to absolutely nothing.  No interest and never will have it back again.

When the game chose to take a path of "professionalism" and take the "heart" out of the game, became this moral compass on how players should act, supporters should support, change every rule in the book every year, take out the speccies, the individualism, even the thuggery (to a point), they lost me.

I watch this site and I wonder how you poor sods are still surviving this garbage.  Honest, you don't deserve it.  You have better things you can be doing lol - do some gardening, read a book, take your dog for a walk, play with your kid, whatever lol - you honestly don't deserve what you get served up.

:clapping

Bravo for the intelligent woman.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2016, 12:08:53 PM »

We obviously have masochistic traits.... :snidegrin
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline froars

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2016, 12:09:55 PM »

:clapping

Bravo for the intelligent woman.
Only hanging in there to see Dusty win the Brownlow lol

Offline froars

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2016, 12:15:40 PM »

We obviously have masochistic traits.... :snidegrin
No, young and naive - one day you will realise it was all just one horrible nightmare and you'll wake up and the world will be good again!