Author Topic: Hardwick's post-match media conference / Ty 'understood' why he was dropped  (Read 1173 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka

Starts with a big laugh. .....

They're trying to learn things so they can go forward next year.  (And play finals)  :scream

They're a low tackle side. FMD.

WORKING ON MORE NEW THINGS.
Only gave up 7 goals today.  :thumbsup

Blamed kids up forward for scoring debacle.  :shh

Should clarify he needs to look at Elton and TY.
TY is stil in his best ....25
Important player to o ur footy club blah blah.
Make no mistake.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Heard it all before.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
Fantastic presser i thought.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dimma's post-match presser:

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2016-08-20/round-22-hardwick-postmatch

-----------------------------------------------------------

Ty 'understood' why he had to be dropped: Hardwick

AFL.com.au
21 August 2016

RICHMOND coach Damien Hardwick has reaffirmed his support for forward Ty Vickery and says the free agent understood he needed to be dropped to allow youngsters to play in the final two rounds.

Vickery will play his third VFL game in the past six weeks after being dropped for Saturday's loss to St Kilda to make way for debutant Callum Moore and two-game tall Todd Elton.

Five talking points: Richmond v St Kilda

The 26-year-old is out of contract for 2017 and a restricted free agent, but Hardwick said he remained an important player to the club.

"I went to Ty and said I need to get a look at these two players and Ty to his credit understands," the coach said after a nine-point loss to the Saints at the MCG.

"He was disappointed to get dropped, don't get me wrong, but I maintain Ty is firmly in my best 25.

"He's not playing as well as I would like at the moment, and he agrees with that.

"I needed to have a look at Moore and Elton … Ty is very important to our footy club, make no mistake."

Richmond produced a listless first half against the Saints and appeared on track for a heavy defeat before rallying in the third quarter and then kicking three of the game's last four goals.

It was a performance captain Trent Cotchin labelled "insipid" on Melbourne radio, but the coach said there were other priorities in the final rounds of the season. 

"We're more looking at it now as looking at players and seeing what we can find," Hardwick said.   

"We're trying to learn some things going forward for next year, so we're prepared to do that a little bit.

"We're finding out about some players, which is a positive for us."

Hardwick said Moore, who finished with five possessions and a late goal, had shown "with his speed and intensity he's going to be an OK player for us".

Meanwhile Elton, who took seven marks (four contested) and finished with 10 possessions, showed positive signs with 1.1.   

A glaring weakness in the Tigers' performance was its tackling pressure, losing the count 42-63, despite St Kilda winning 58 more possessions.

Hardwick, however, said there was "some system to the madness".

"Sometimes we want high tackle numbers, sometimes we're prepared to sit off a bit and let them go certain ways," he said.   

"It all interconnects with how you play. We're a low tackle side. Some sides are high tackle, depending on the style of game."

"We still expect better effort come the first half and the second half was better."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-20/ty-understood-why-he-had-to-be-dropped-hardwick

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Vickery still in Hardwick’s plans for 2017

Sam Edmund
Herald Sun
21 August 2016

RICHMOND coach Damien Hardwick has again insisted Ty Vickery is in his plans, despite dumping the forward for Saturday’s loss to St Kilda.

Vickery, the subject of trade rumours, was dropped to make way for Todd Elton, who took four contested marks against the Saints in an encouraging performance.

“I probably should have clarified that earlier in the week. I went to Ty and said: ‘I need to have a look at these two players’ (Elton and Callum Moore) and Ty, to his credit, understands,” Hardwick said.

“He’s disappointed to be dropped, don’t get me wrong, but I still maintain Ty is firmly in my best 25. He’s not playing as well as what I’d like at the moment and he agrees with that, but he’s a really important player to our footy club ... but we needed to have a look at Moore and needed to have a look at Elton.

“He’ll go out and have a kick tomorrow (in the VFL) but he’s very important for our footy club, make no mistake.”
A disappointed Damien Hardwick leaves the MCG. Picture: Colleen Petch.

Vickery missed out on one of the worst games of the season as both sides took turns squandering opportunities — St Kilda in a dominant first half and Richmond in the third quarter.

The result was four quarters of clanger-infested, low-scoring footy.

Hardwick sat down at his post-match press conference and started the conversation. “One of the better games of footy we’ll see it would be fair to say,” he said.

“It was a strange old encounter that one. Both sides probably had enough opportunities, but couldn’t capitalise on anything inside 50m really.”

He admitted delivering some stern words to his players after a shocking first half that saw 11 Tigers fail to lay a tackle and the side go inside 50m just 12 times for 2.5 (17).

“We thought our intensity and effort was off. To start off how we did was disappointing. We spoke to them at half time and were pretty firm in the fact that we needed to respond and get our game up and going,” Hardwick said.

He suggested the Tigers had parked the season and were using the final rounds to learn as much as they could for 2017.

“We’re probably looking at it now as a chance to look at players and seeing what we can find,” Hardwick said, praising Daniel Rioli’s game and Elton.

“It is a long season, especially when there’s some sides playing for not much now,” he said.

“But we still expect better effort ... we still expect the boys to come prepared to play.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/richmond-coach-damien-hardwick-insists-ty-vickery-is-still-in-his-plans-for-the-future/news-story/8b95b1ba84b9078b364ee5091e873791

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
How do you find out anything about a player with our gameplan??
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame

This.. Outside of Moore, Grigg, Hunt and a few other duds i cant draw a line through Vickery or the bean whilst this dud is still our coach.

Making spud look like a good coach as each day passes.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯

Exactly!

Hardwick's game plan makes players worse!

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
I'm genuinely starting to hate this dude.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Hes an effwit. Doesnt know how to coach and along with other key personell will continue to gravely r3tard the capacity for success until they are gone.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Would go to war for Dimma #
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
It's ok that evry other club and is supporters are laughing at how far off track the club is and has been since he's been there.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
It's ok that evry other club and is supporters are laughing at how far off track the club is and has been since he's been there.

Yep....not great is it. He has always been a worry and looks all at sea without an answer.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
Hes an effwit. Doesnt know how to coach and along with other key personell will continue to gravely r3tard the capacity for success until they are gone.
But Robbo said he's a good coach. Gale said he's a got the characteristics and Peg says she agrees with Ben.  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
He's fantastic.  He's a genius.  He's a fantastic genius.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?