Author Topic: If you could turn back time: What would your club change about 2016? ... (afl)  (Read 1242 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
If you could turn back time: What would your club change about 2016?

Nathan Schmook
AFL.com.au
25 August 2016

RICHMOND

Committing to Damien Hardwick for a year too long

While the Brisbane Lions and Collingwood chose to extend their coaches' deals for one year until the end of 2017, Richmond committed to Hardwick until the end of 2018. The coach deserved the opportunity to see if he could take the next step with this team, but immediate finals exits in 2013-15 did not warrant such a commitment and left the club's hands tied in a full-scale review.

An 'unintelligent' two minutes against the Pies
The Tigers will look back on round two as the loss that prompted their downfall. With an 11-point lead in the dying minutes, poor decisions let their opponents back in the game, and Magpie Brodie Grundy kicked the match-winner with four seconds left. Ty Vickery will rue a decision to centre the ball, rather than take a shot and soak up time with three minutes to play.   

Not playing Oleg Markov sooner

The Tigers kept their first-year half-back in the VFL for the first five weeks before he was selected as an AFL emergency. He didn't make the final cut and then had to wait until round 16 to make his debut. On the evidence of the past six weeks, Markov will be a star. He has relished the responsibility he has been given in defence and who knows what more he could have achieved in his debut season if given a chance earlier?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-24/if-you-could-turn-back-time-what-would-your-club-change-about-2016

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame

Not playing Oleg Markov sooner

The Tigers kept their first-year half-back in the VFL for the first five weeks before he was selected as an AFL emergency. He didn't make the final cut and then had to wait until round 16 to make his debut. On the evidence of the past six weeks, Markov will be a star. He has relished the responsibility he has been given in defence and who knows what more he could have achieved in his debut season if given a chance earlier?

It's Miles all over again :banghead

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
I don't blame the club for Yarren - in theory it was the right move and sometimes you just have to take a chance ...Even Hawthorn get thier fingers burnt occasionally  ( Dayle Garlett )

But Townsend and Andrew Moore , while improving the competitiveness of the VFL Tigers - have just stunk up the joint in the seniors..

I can't believe Port wasted a top 10 draft pick on Moore - what a lemon .
Unleash the tornado

Dougeytherichmondfan

I don't blame the club for Yarren - in theory it was the right move and sometimes you just have to take a chance ...Even Hawthorn get thier fingers burnt occasionally  ( Dayle Garlett )

But Townsend and Andrew Moore , while improving the competitiveness of the VFL Tigers - have just stunk up the joint in the seniors..

The lesser Moore?

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame

The lesser Moore?
More or less.... :rollin
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame

The lesser Moore?
More or less.... :rollin

Lesson to be learned

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Sack Hardwick after Round 2
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame

But if you could replay time again there is no way you'd grab Yarran.