Author Topic: Board Spill? / Challenge called off/ Malvern Hotel group has re-emerged [update]  (Read 120009 times)

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
MMM reporting an announcement at 11am this morning with 2 ex-tiger premiership players involved...
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 09:09:14 PM by one-eyed »
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Board Spill?
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 07:45:47 AM »
From the AFL website

Group calls for spill of Richmond board

Dinny Navaratnam and Nathan Schmook   
September 5, 2016 6:58 AM
TWO RICHMOND premiership players are among a group seeking a spill of the Tigers board.

The identity of the players is being kept under wraps until a media conference at 11am AEST on Monday.

"A new group of prominent Richmond Football Club identities, including two premiership players, is calling for a spill of the RFC board, declaring it's high time the focus of the club returns to its core business – winning football and contesting premierships," a statement released by the group said.

Richmond missed the finals this season for the first time since 2012, finishing 13th with eight wins.

The Tigers last won a premiership in 1980, and have not won a final since 2001.

Murmurings of a board challenge emerged early last month as a prominent group of supporters began meeting to discuss who would step forward to nominate for positions.

President Peggy O'Neal joined the board in November 2005 and was elected president in 2013.

Board members Maurice O’Shannassy (elected December 2004), John Matthies (January 2004), and Robert Dalton (November 2004) have all served for extended periods.

Matthies and lawyer Kerry Ryan, who joined the board in October 2013, are up for re-election, along with O'Neal.

In the event they were unchallenged, they would be re-elected for a further three years.

Corporate lawyer Simon Wallace, 42, has put himself forward as a candidate but has strongly opposed overthrowing the entire board. 

Coach Damien Hardwick is signed up until the end of 2018 after agreeing to a contract extension before the season began.

Several players are expected to depart in the trade period, including former first-round draft picks Tyrone Vickery, Reece Conca and Ben Lennon.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-05/group-calls-for-spill-of-richmond-afl-board
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 07:49:32 AM »
Further while driving into work

On SEN

* Press conference at 11am at Leo Barry's Gym in Richmond

* Have hired one of Melb's top PR companies to run their campaign = Royce Communications

* a caller "Charlie" said Bruce Monteath is one of the former premiership players on the ticket (ED: he was agitating for a position 2 years ago), platform includes "payout Hardwick's contract as they have plenty of money"

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 07:52:01 AM »
Giddy up.  The board have had their go but failed so can how drift off into the sunset.  Give someone else a go.  Time to get ruthless.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2016, 07:53:29 AM »
Further while driving into work

On SEN

* Press conference at 11am at Leo Barry's Gym in Richmond

* Have hired one of Melb's top PR companies to run their campaign = Royce Communications

* a caller "Charlie" said Bruce Monteath is one of the former premiership players on the ticket (ED: he was agitating for a position 2 years ago), platform includes "payout Hardwick's contract as they have plenty of money"

Anyone with that platform has my vote. 

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2016, 07:55:40 AM »
Giddy up.  The board have had their go but failed so can how drift off into the sunset.  Give someone else a go.  Time to get ruthless.

Harry,

More than happy for it go to a vote, actually encourage it but it must be done the right way & that is as per the constitution and that the members get to chose.

There must be a VOTE. A member's VOTE

Anything less is a joke and makes the mystery ticket just as bad as the incumbents IMESHO

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2016, 07:56:14 AM »
Breaking news that Ranps and Tucker joining ticket and calling themselves the plop, plop stoppers of the skata cycle

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2016, 07:58:50 AM »
Ha ha brilliant. Peggy Sue and Benny Fail will have no choice but to pee off Dudwick now to save their own skins. If they refuse the challengers will pee this in.  :wave bye bye Dudwick

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2016, 07:59:28 AM »

Harry,

More than happy for it go to a vote, actually encourage it but it must be done the right way & that is as per the constitution and that the members get to chose.

Anything less is a joke and makes the mystery ticket just as bad as the incumbents IMESHO

That's what they want.  A board spill and for members to vote.  Best outcome.  If current board dig their heels in it'll go to egm.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2016, 08:37:22 AM »
dont let the door hit u on your way out dudwick and you silly american fool.

Now bring in some real men to do the job , both in the sack and Punt Road.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2016, 08:51:04 AM »
About time
Don't care how it happens , when it happens
Just has to happen
😊

And good to see a joint effort is better than several groups
Shut the door on the way out Dimma and Benny

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2016, 09:58:33 AM »
Will wait until 11am

But just heard another name of a so called "influential" Richmond supporter who maybe involved in this mystery ticket  :chuck

dont let the door hit u on your way out dudwick and you silly american fool.

Now bring in some real men to do the job , both in the sack and Punt Road.

So am I fair to assume that if there are any women on the alternative ticket you wont be voting for them? Seeing you've made it abundantly clear that the only people who should on the boards of footy clubs are men

That's what they want.  A board spill and for members to vote.  Best outcome.  If current board dig their heels in it'll go to egm.

If it's a proper election with no behind closed doors deals, all for it.

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2016, 09:59:33 AM »

Harry,

I respect your view William but I personally could not go another year with these clowns.  How their removal is achieved is a distant concern.

No matter what happens, Hardwick has to go.  The fact that this hasn't happened already is a disgrace.  His game plan makes it worse.  It shows a complete disregard to the fans.  The unqualified support by the board for someone who hasn't won a final is ridiculous.  You could make an argument that there has not been a more complacent or dishonest board in the history of the football club.  The rebuild was not what was promised.

Any board would be better than the incumbents.  It is because the current board is so bad that tiger supporters are rebelling.

The new board would have to inflict hell on Richmond supporters for a long period of time to be remotely as bad as the current board.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2016, 10:09:37 AM »

Harry,

I respect your view William but I personally could not go another year with these clowns.  How their removal is achieved is a distant concern.

No matter what happens, Hardwick has to go.  The fact that this hasn't happened already is a disgrace.  His game plan makes it worse.  It shows a complete disregard to the fans.  The unqualified support by the board for someone who hasn't won a final is ridiculous.  You could make an argument that there has not been a more complacent or dishonest board in the history of the football club.  The rebuild was not what was promised.

Any board would be better than the incumbents.  It is because the current board is so bad that tiger supporters are rebelling.

The new board would have to inflict hell on Richmond supporters for a long period of time to be remotely as bad as the current board.

I would give the ferals about half a year before they started harking up