Author Topic: Board Spill? / Challenge called off/ Malvern Hotel group has re-emerged [update]  (Read 120093 times)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Board Spill?
« Reply #150 on: September 06, 2016, 12:31:38 PM »
If clubs like Brisbane can fire Leppitsch and pay him out and EFC can pay out Hird then surely we can pay out Hardwick...

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #151 on: September 06, 2016, 12:33:29 PM »
What did the drug cheats spend 50 million?

Richmond weak as water
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #152 on: September 06, 2016, 12:37:42 PM »
Accept that but I was thinking about things like cancelling the Fighting Tiger, failure of RFC Official posting, early board resignations and appointments, secret deliberations of the "Star Chamber" Nominations Committee and changes to it's format and processes, muddling of TFT and Jack Dyer in financials, even the re-signing of Hardwick and current personnel changes.

Don't forget the five pillars? Where is our long term goal? There is nothing measurable we are trying to achieve and it all seems like an attempt to save face.

In addition to that, I find it hilarious that people are happy to whack these people trying to overturn the board or run for the current board because they don't have any direction or plans. It's a fair whack but where are they supposed to outline what they will change and achieve when they have nothing to compare against.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #153 on: September 06, 2016, 12:51:21 PM »
I believe their "plan" involves keeping Hallfstep for at least a year to save money and surrounding him with "the best people", retain Richardson and just assume Neil Balme is going to join the club without even speaking to him.....but even if they didn't outline any "plan" at all, since when is the incumbents not having direction or a plan an excuse for the challengers not having one either? Now that's an "hilarious" premise....might've helped get the LNP into government but not for far more important things like running Richmond Football Club...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 01:32:33 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #154 on: September 06, 2016, 12:51:34 PM »

She brought that up on Footy Classified last night....
muddling of TFT and Jack Dyer in financials

but the board has done an outstanding job.  :wallywink

Take away the ftf and we lose money every year - the supporters have done a great job, not the board - take away the 6-8 mill in donations and we still have a 6 mill dollar debt. Some stuffing gullible morons out there

If you look at our financials there is minimal detail on our receipts.  They are grouped in 2 main categories- football and sponsorship/marketing.  It is unclear how much revenue is membership, gate, merchandise, afl funding, sponsorship etc.  Other clubs provide this level of detail so you can clearly see how they are doing in terms of non supporter dependant income.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #155 on: September 06, 2016, 01:43:55 PM »
Didn't mind what Bryan Wood had to say, agree with him on Jack Riewoldt, to me he is a natural leader, not a introverted weirdo.  Don't agree with him on Kevin Sheedy, he is and always will be a Bombers man.  Do need some one with some flare who thinks big and wants to make us the Tiger on our logo.  Not sure who that is going to be though...
Lots of people name their swords......

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #156 on: September 06, 2016, 02:01:43 PM »

Take away the ftf and we lose money every year - the supporters have done a great job, not the board - take away the 6-8 mill in donations and we still have a 6 mill dollar debt. Some stuffing gullible morons out there

correct on all accounts. Plenty of gullible ones on here too.

TM tell me has anyone really thanked the fans for reducing their debt? I dont mean as a passing comment i mean really thanksd them and the FTF for getting them out of this poo.

It makes me laugh when fools like peggy sue and co get all the kudos from the caro types, meanwhile families living off 60k a forking out family memberships each year.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #157 on: September 06, 2016, 02:09:52 PM »
First world problems.  I live in a cardboard box next to a polluted river on Java

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #158 on: September 06, 2016, 02:12:00 PM »

The doctor in his speech yesterday acknowledged the supporters efforts in reducing the debt.

correct on all accounts. Plenty of gullible ones on here too.

TM tell me has anyone really thanked the fans for reducing their debt? I dont mean as a passing comment i mean really thanksd them and the FTF for getting them out of this poo.

It makes me laugh when fools like peggy sue and co get all the kudos from the caro types, meanwhile families living off 60k a forking out family memberships each year.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #159 on: September 06, 2016, 02:15:59 PM »
I demand a thank you

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #160 on: September 06, 2016, 02:39:21 PM »
Me too.  I nearly died once because I was outraged that Richmond didn't win.  I want a thank you, an apology and Brett Deledio to sign my cats footbal.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #161 on: September 06, 2016, 02:57:47 PM »

Sorry but not sure what you mean by "muddling" in the financials?

Putting my accountants hat on here under the legal requirements (corp law) and by extension accounting standards there is no muddling of any numbers

All those revenues are recorded and declared as they must be under the law

People may not like it but it is never the less the law - club is leaglly obligated to follow

As I have posted many times over the years. Funds received into the JDF are controlled by the club and as such they must be shown separately in the accounts  (which they are) and included as part of total revenue. This is the law.  Further use of the JDF funds is controlled by a deed issued by the ASF that stipulates what the funds must be used on. This point is clearly expalined in the Full financials

Re the FTF this is simply a revenue stream of the club and as such is recored as revenue

Should the club disclose the actual FTF amount each year in the financials? Again have said many times yes they should, without question.

but as it stands right now as the accounting standards are written the Club only have minimum obligations to follow as to disclosing and reporting and they follow those requirement.

I will confess that I do get frustrated when people throw up this chestnut every year, that somehow the numbers are "muddled", "fudged" etc because that is simply not true.

Yes we dont get great detail, though if  you get the full financials as opposed to the concise ones you get greater information/detail but as it stands the club are doing what they required to do legally and uless the law changes it wont be changing unless they choose to. 

Finally,  can I add that if I had any say in it I would change immediately because I  reckon we deserve more detail

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #162 on: September 06, 2016, 03:01:08 PM »

If you look at our financials there is minimal detail on our receipts.  They are grouped in 2 main categories- football and sponsorship/marketing.  It is unclear how much revenue is membership, gate, merchandise, afl funding, sponsorship etc.  Other clubs provide this level of detail so you can clearly see how they are doing in terms of non supporter dependant income.

Harry I've just made a comment about this

I understand the frustration but legally they don't have to do any more.

And FWIW we are not the only club that takes this approach.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #163 on: September 06, 2016, 03:07:40 PM »
So there's so much talk about getting rid of Hardwick.
Main problem is finding the money to do so. Figure quoted is $1.3M. We can't afford that but the argument is that keeping him will cost more in members, attendance and sponsorship.

However there was a little thing mentioned by Caro on Footy Classified last night.
She dropped a comment about the payout being a problem for the "off field spend cap". I think she called it the "soft" cap.
Thinking about this it seems that if we payout the $1.3M it will be included in our spending cap and we therefore have to pay a "tax" on top of that to the AFL.

Ouch.

PS: Must admit I liked Caro's article quoted above. She hit a lot of good marks.
The one I think she missed, as do most commentators, is the poor and decreasing communication from the board. The review is a prime current example

Only a short accounting lose

The long term economic lose of keeping moron McGee for another two years will be drug-sagaesque
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #164 on: September 06, 2016, 03:27:45 PM »
I don't wanna loss you
Caracella and Balmey.