Author Topic: Board Spill? / Challenge called off/ Malvern Hotel group has re-emerged [update]  (Read 120052 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Board Spill? / Rebel group now wants to pay out and sack Hardwick [update]
« Reply #285 on: September 20, 2016, 12:54:18 PM »
No pretty sure you generalised about the current regime, so let's discuss who you would keep and why much like you have done with the focus stooges.

I would have thought stating the only person I'd currently vote is Simon Wallace because he is the only person going about it the right way, who has clear platform makes it clear

Or did you conveniently miss that  ::)

Actually you don't need to answer
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #286 on: September 20, 2016, 12:57:03 PM »
Francis 'the flog' Leach he will now be referred to as. Obviously forgot his med's this morning

So Leach is a flog for asking some tough questions that some of us want answered?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #287 on: September 20, 2016, 01:10:38 PM »
Where can I sign this ticket???

torch, you dont sign anything you simply vote

As a member you will be contacted and you get to vote

Though when that will be who knows as the good Doctor said this morning that the timing of the EGM they intend to call needs to worked in with a number,ber of things eg sponsorship  deals, trade period draft etc.

Seems the good Doctor and his team want all the Board and Admin stuff done by the incumbents, which makes you wonder (again) what exactly are they bringing to the table?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 01:28:49 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #288 on: September 20, 2016, 01:15:40 PM »
Francis 'the flog' Leach he will now be referred to as. Obviously forgot his med's this morning

So Leach is a flog for asking some tough questions that some of us want answered?

No he's a flog for getting hysterical and not giving the the Doc a chance to answer a question before being attacked. Anyone can conduct an interview like that. He is meant to be professional not carry on like a tool.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #289 on: September 20, 2016, 01:24:09 PM »

No he's a flog for getting hysterical and not giving the the Doc a chance to answer a question before being attacked. Anyone can conduct an interview like that. He is meant to be professional not carry on like a tool.

Disagree

I'd attack to if you are flip floppijg on every answer like he did

How hard is to answer what the KPIs are going to be?

He couldn't, went as far as to say it wasnt up to him but at the same time reckons his group should have a say in the style of footy the team plays. Then says that it won't be about wins or losses,  it will be about a  number of things, including close losses.

Says they support Hardwick but in the next breath says we don't have a game plan. Well which is it exactly?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #290 on: September 20, 2016, 01:27:48 PM »
I can't wait to see what they are going to do next week.  ;D

Seriously, this group is so disorganized, they make the incumbents look like the greatest board of all time. That's not what we want or need.

Have to wonder what and how this PR group they've hired is advising them. Because they just seem to be getting some crap advice

I thought after the season from hell we couldn't become a bigger laughing stock than we were after round 23. How wrong was I? We are bigger laughing stock now, thanks to this mob

I get that people are angry but seriously all we are getting from them is statements people want to hear, nothing of any great substance, just comments to appease people

« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 04:24:32 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #291 on: September 20, 2016, 01:38:47 PM »
I am no fan of the FOF group given their major stuff ups early day and some shocking interviews from Wood. However, Leach is a knob.

If he wants to ask tough questions that I want answered then why doesn't he ask Benny, Peggy or Richo why the hell Hardwicks contract was extended by 2 years with no performance clauses? Why wasn't Lade sacked when the players hate him? Why wasn't Hartley and Richo sacked for not doing due diligence on the Yarran trade beforehand? Why didn't we target a proven recruiter instead of replacing Francis with an underling that has been there 7 years? Then go on the attack when all he gets back is pathetic spin.......because he is a gutless that's why

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
’We’re coming as friends’: Rebel Tigers (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #292 on: September 20, 2016, 01:42:39 PM »
’We’re coming as friends’: Rebel Tigers

MICHAEL WARNER, LAUREN WOOD
Herald Sun
20th September2016

THE group challenging Richmond’s board wants current president Peggy O’Neal as part of its structure should it be successful in overthrowing the club’s directors.

The Focus on Football ticket is meeting with O’Neal and Tigers chief executive Brendon Gale at a city law firm this morning, with leader Martin Hiscock hitting the airwaves prior to the meeting this morning, affirming his belief that the team has no game plan and the wrong captain in Trent Cotchin.

But, despite launching the rival ticket two weeks ago with the title of “president designate”, Hiscock now says it won’t be all change at the top should the group be successful, declaring he will endeavour to keep O’Neal as part of the club’s framework.

“We’re coming as friends. This is an olive branch,” he said of today’s meeting.

“We don’t want to have to go to an EGM. We don’t want to drag this on.

“She will be (part of our plans). I don’t think it’s right to depose the president.”

It emerged today that the rebel group will personally pay out coach Damien Hardwick’s $1 million contract should they gain power and decide he needs to be sacked next season.

Hardwick will have “performance criteria”, Hiscock said, claiming the coach has described his fate as imminent.
Focus on Football team (from left) David Marsh, Philip Allison, Margaret Kearney, Martin Hiscock, Bruce Monteath and Bryan Wood launch their board challenge.

“Damien’s already said ‘I’m a dead man walking’. People have told me that,” Hiscock told SEN.

“We don’t think so. We would like to build that support around him and see how he goes. We’ve said that from the word go, that he’ll be there next year.

“But he will have performance criteria, and if he doesn’t meet those criteria at a certain stage during the year, the football department directors and (football manager) Neil Balme will make a decision on whether he goes or not.

“Everyone will agree that Richmond has had very little game plan. No, it’s not insane (to say that). It’s not insane at all. It’s quite clear that there is no game plan. Whether it’s his fault, or the players fault or the assistant coaches ... don’t forget five have been sacked.

“We want him to be the coach next year. We’ll build the team around him. There’ll be five assistant coaches that come into the club — things can change, and we’re giving him that opportunity.

“Who wants another year like we had this year? No one wants that.”

Fifteen days after the coup was launched, O’Neal and Gale have agreed to meet Hiscock and his deputy Mag Kearney at a city law firm.

“The current board has its hands tied with respect to Damien, having entered into a binding contract with him until the end of 2018,” lawyer Kearney told the Herald Sun on Monday.

“We will work with Neil Balme and Co to give Richmond every chance for footy success.

“However, working closely with the football department, we will set new performance measures for Damien, hold Damien accountable to these and, if required, provide the necessary funding to release him from the club, if he is unable to meet these measures.”

Hardwick’s contract was extended for a further two years in March. His deal is believed to be worth about $600,000 a season.

The payout would come from the pockets of the seven challengers or from funds raised by the group.

We will set new performance measures for Damien, hold Damien accountable to these and, if required, provide the necessary funding to release him from the club.

Kearney conceded the ticket’s stance on Hardwick had shifted since the club unveiled a series of changes to the football department last week.

Hiscock said when the board challenge was announced: “Damien has a two-year contract with us and we would like him to stay. We will build a strong and supportive team around him and that will involve a CEO of football.”

Balme has since been installed above Dan Richardson as Richmond football boss with other changes made in recruiting, list management and strength and conditioning.

“We have the people behind us to trigger at EGM — but we are holding off until we have had a meaningful discussion with the Richmond board,” Kearney said.

“The club is in serious trouble with primarily the same board in place. We are still calling for a reasonable spill of the board to rejuvenate the club.

“Currently, the club is chaos. If we don’t get change at the top, chaos will continue in 2017 — and beyond. We have a vision, plan and solution.”

The rebel ticket says it is prepared to retain two existing Richmond board members.

Both groups agree an extraordinary general meeting can be called under the terms of the club constitution by the gathering of 100 member signatures.

The calling of an EGM would effectively trigger a 35-day election campaign with members eligible to vote in person or by proxy.

The Focus on Football group also includes 1980 premiership players Bryan Wood and Bruce Monteath, former club doctor David Marsh, Phillip Allison and Ingrid Williams.

Hiscock is a cardiologist and Kearney a former chief executive of Clubs Victoria.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/richmond-powerbrokers-to-meet-with-focus-on-football-board-challengers/news-story/7b5677900e3ed23d1bb37b3026c6936a

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Challengers' 'olive branch' to Tigers board / Talks "productive": Rebels (afl)
« Reply #293 on: September 20, 2016, 01:58:29 PM »
Challengers' 'olive branch' to Tigers board

Nathan Schmook 
afl.com.au
September 20, 2016 1:22 PM

RICHMOND challengers Focus on Footy are hopeful they will not need to force an extraordinary general meeting to win seats on the board after holding "productive" talks with the club.

President Peggy O'Neal and CEO Brendon Gale met with representatives of the rebel group, including Dr Martin Hiscock, at a Melbourne law firm on Tuesday morning.

After a long struggle to meet with the Tigers, Focus on Footy had the chance to mount their case for a board handover directly to O'Neal and Gale and were not rebuffed on the spot.

"At what was a positive meeting, we reiterated our view that it was time for new and re-energised thinking at Richmond," Hiscock said in a statement.

"They are going to think about what we said and see whether there is a way to address our concerns without the need for an EGM."

Focus on Footy launched their campaign on September 5 and have kept the threat of an EGM alive if they are unable to gain seats on the board in an orderly handover.

Under Richmond's constitution they would require just 100 member signatures to trigger an EGM.     

Hiscock said Tuesday's meeting was an "olive branch, not a concession" to the club, which needed to change.

"We believe this starts with changing the board. Many of the current board members have been there for too long," he said.

"We have to do something. We don’t want to wake up in 15 years time and say we should have done something before it became half a century since our last premiership."

Earlier on Tuesday, Hiscock reiterated the group's position that coach Damien Hardwick would be coach in 2017 under their regime, but with performance criteria.   

"If he doesn't meet those criteria at a certain stage during the year the football department, directors and Neil Balme will make a decision as to whether he goes or not," Hiscock said on SEN. 

"We'd like to build that support around him and see how he goes … I've said that from the word go that he'll be there next year."

Hiscock's deputy, lawyer Mag Kearney, told News Corporation that the group would "provide the necessary funding to release [Hardwick] from the club" if new performance measures weren't met in 2017.

Hardwick is contracted until the end of 2018 after signing a two-year extension at the start of this year.   

"The club will do the same thing, don't get me wrong. Who wants another two years of what we saw this year? No one wants that," Hiscock said.   

"We have to see more spirited performances and we have to see a better game-plan."

Hiscock would not disclose how many seats on the Richmond board Focus on Footy was requesting, but the group would not seek to "depose the president".

He said the group would work around sensitive periods for the club, like the NAB AFL Draft, if it did force an extraordinary general meeting.

After making newly installed football manager Balme a key part of their pitch 15 days ago, Hiscock said the group had "got a wink" from Balme.

"That's why we went ahead with our launch. That's fine that he took the path of least resistance, he's where we want him."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-20/richmond-challengers-offer-olive-branch-to-board

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #294 on: September 20, 2016, 02:12:00 PM »
Good on Hiscock for keeping sack hardwick on the agenda and in the media.   Keep up the pressure.

Good on Hisballs as well

lol hopefully hiscock keeps poking and prodding
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #295 on: September 20, 2016, 02:34:46 PM »
I am no fan of the FOF group given their major stuff ups early day and some shocking interviews from Wood. However, Leach is a knob.

If he wants to ask tough questions that I want answered then why doesn't he ask Benny, Peggy or Richo why the hell Hardwicks contract was extended by 2 years with no performance clauses? Why wasn't Lade sacked when the players hate him? Why wasn't Hartley and Richo sacked for not doing due diligence on the Yarran trade beforehand? Why didn't we target a proven recruiter instead of replacing Francis with an underling that has been there 7 years? Then go on the attack when all he gets back is pathetic spin.......because he is a gutless that's why

great point.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

FooffooValve

« Reply #296 on: September 20, 2016, 03:05:30 PM »
If this rebel (rabble?) group aren't already finished, all it needs is for Balme to come out and say that if they get in, he'll walk.

This stuff from a cardiologist about the game plan is a total and utter embarrassment. It makes about as much sense as Dimma offering to insert a stent for him.

Just go away.

tony_montana

« Reply #297 on: September 20, 2016, 03:28:35 PM »

thats always the way though, hypocritical industry with many fans being too one eyed or downright stupid to see it. Well said

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #298 on: September 20, 2016, 03:32:02 PM »
If this rebel (rabble?) group aren't already finished, all it needs is for Balme to come out and say that if they get in, he'll walk.

Walk to where?  He's an employee of the club and he serves the club not the board.  People struggle to distinguish between the club and the board and think if you are criticising the board you are having a go at the club.  Easy mistake to make but it's really not that complicated  (unless you're benny gale)
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

FooffooValve

« Reply #299 on: September 20, 2016, 04:54:12 PM »

Walk to where?  He's an employee of the club and he serves the club not the board.  People struggle to distinguish between the club and the board and think if you are criticising the board you are having a go at the club.  Easy mistake to make but it's really not that complicated  (unless you're benny gale)

You have to be able to work with the board to work for the club. I have no trouble distinguishing between the board and the club. It is FoF that is having trouble distinguishing parts of the club. If FoF were somehow successful in gaining control, Balme would be within his rights to leave if that's how he felt. I know as Head of Football I'd have a fair bit of trouble working with a board that wanted a say in the game plan.