Author Topic: How many members in 2017?  (Read 14797 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: How many members in 2017?
« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2016, 10:10:39 PM »
If you only go once in a while, what's wrong with buying a three game membership? More money will go to the club you supposedly support.

Guess it depends on your definition of "a while". My old man lives in Portugal so can only go to a game once in a while i.e. max once a year.

Do you think your family support you? Or have you peed them off because they don't support you financially?
Nothing wrong with just barracking for the tigers. You're just not classified as a supporter IMHO.

Why am I not classified as a supporter?
Not you. The person that just comes to one game a year. They can be called a follower of the RFC and a person that barracks for them. Just not a supporter. Just my opinion as I look at supporters as people that financially support the club. They are the life blood of the club - its members.
Only just read the last few pages of this topic and doc you are way off the mark IMO. Way off!!

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2016, 10:16:21 PM »
If you only go once in a while, what's wrong with buying a three game membership? More money will go to the club you supposedly support.

Guess it depends on your definition of "a while". My old man lives in Portugal so can only go to a game once in a while i.e. max once a year.

Do you think your family support you? Or have you peed them off because they don't support you financially?
Nothing wrong with just barracking for the tigers. You're just not classified as a supporter IMHO.

Not you. The person that just comes to one game a year. They can be called a follower of the RFC and a person that barracks for them. Just not a supporter. Just my opinion as I look at supporters as people that financially support the club. They are the life blood of the club - its members.
Only just read the last few pages of this topic and doc you are way off the mark IMO. Way off!!
Funny because I just met a patient today who I asked if they followed the football and they said they used to be a bulldogs supporter but now isn't. I asked him who he barracked for now and he said bulldogs! So I asked him to explain and he said he stopped being a member 5 years ago so he didn't classify himself as a supporter!

This is 100% true. So I'm not the only one that thinks this way.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2016, 10:26:14 PM »
There were definitely a few biys playing this year

Great term I'm gunna use it

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2016, 10:53:25 PM »

Funny because I just met a patient today who I asked if they followed the football and they said they used to be a bulldogs supporter but now isn't. I asked him who he barracked for now and he said bulldogs! So I asked him to explain and he said he stopped being a member 5 years ago so he didn't classify himself as a supporter!

Mate, I think if you ask anyone who they support they just say their team regardless of if they are a member or not.
You are using the word "support" way to literately.
I think if you use the word "member" most assume you pay your money.

I've also got a storey for you, I know a guy that is highly educated but is a moron when it comes to common sense things. True story.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 08:00:22 AM by big tone »

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2016, 11:01:27 PM »

Psyche ward?
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2016, 01:57:12 AM »

Psyche ward?

Not to scare you Roxy sox but I was going to say the same thing :gobdrop

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2016, 09:22:37 AM »

Mate, I think if you ask anyone who they support they just say their team regardless of if they are a member or not.
You are using the word "support" way to literately.
I think if you use the word "member" most assume you pay your money.

I've also got a storey for you, I know a guy that is highly educated but is a moron when it comes to common sense things. True story.
I think you missed the point of what I was saying.
There is no doubt that being a supporter of a club has entered the vernacular to mean you just barrack for the club. My argument has been that you really cannot be a supporter unless you support the team in some way that is either financial (member) or by helping the club somehow (e.g. volunteer work).
That is what a true supporter would do. That is what it used to mean many years ago. When I was a kid you always asked others who they barracked for. You never asked who they supported. The term supporter back then was not used unless you were talking about members. When you talked about numbers of people at the ground it would be referred to as "fans" of either teams.

So to repeat, a true supporter is someone that actually supports the club in a way that is significant. I understand that nowadays the term is used differently but not in it's correct (original) form. The old patient I spoke to obviously had the same idea.

And no, he wasn't a psyche patient. If he was I might have run into a few of you in the ward! :lol

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2016, 12:30:25 PM »
And no, he wasn't a psyche patient. If he was I might have run into a few of you in the ward! :lol

Roxy's one is the only one I know with internet

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2016, 12:47:57 PM »
I won't rejoin until Dudwick and Fartley are sacked

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2016, 02:05:31 PM »

:lol
They say that genius songwriters/lyricists are a little crazy don't they?

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2016, 05:25:44 PM »

Yeah but what's Roxy's excuse?

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2016, 05:39:54 PM »

Yeah but what's Roxy's excuse?

Steady on.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018