Author Topic: Peggy Statement  (Read 11357 times)

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Re: Peggy Statement
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2016, 02:10:24 PM »
She should stand aside along with a few others,poor decisions from this board.
If it wasn't for hand outs this useless board would be seen for what it is, a sham.
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2016, 02:11:35 PM »
How are Townsend and yarren tracking penny

Important the draft very important.

How bout them Houli Hampson grigg new deals. A master stroke by our wonderful leader

That's not her responsibility.   The football dept is separate to her club
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2016, 02:18:57 PM »
Well done Hillary calling for stability again.  They want you and the board to stand down, the football department can contunue on with their jobs but continue with the scare tactics telling the nervous nellies that the club will collapse if a challenge takes place.  Just call an EGM and be done with it.  Let the members choose from an open pool of duds.

Did you catch a very important comment in the statement Harry?

Looks like the whispers I'm hearing are true but rocking the boat before certain deals are finalised could cost the club big $$$$

Does anybody care?

In the era of three billion dollar TV deals and equalisation what difference does it make ...

Richmond are bottom four on the 'sponsorship ladder' correct ? Another feather in the cap for our stable board 
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2016, 03:27:05 PM »
Well done Hillary calling for stability again.  They want you and the board to stand down, the football department can contunue on with their jobs but continue with the scare tactics telling the nervous nellies that the club will collapse if a challenge takes place.  Just call an EGM and be done with it.  Let the members choose from an open pool of duds.

Looks like the whispers I'm hearing are true but rocking the boat before certain deals are finalised could cost the club big $$$$

Does anybody care?

In the era of three billion dollar TV deals and equalisation what difference does it make ...

Richmond are bottom four on the 'sponsorship ladder' correct ? Another feather in the cap for our stable board
You can't have it both ways Harry. You bagged the club for not having higher revenue from sponsorship then you say it does not matter if we lose sponsorship $ from a board takeover.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2016, 04:08:43 PM »

Does anybody care?

You can't have it both ways Harry. You bagged the club for not having higher revenue from sponsorship then you say it does not matter if we lose sponsorship $ from a board takeover.

Where did I say that?  Follow the quotes carefully.

Just on that they must be terrified of losing the 3m in sponsorship money lol.  Don't worry just call the supporters to arms and we'll bail you out.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2016, 04:19:11 PM »

Does anybody care?

Where did I say that?  Follow the quotes carefully.

Just on that they must be terrified of losing the 3m in sponsorship money lol.  Don't worry just call the supporters to arms and we'll bail you out.
Fair point, you didn't bag us but you did criticise us in the sponsorship ladder thread for not having accurate/ higher sponsorship revenue, which you are entitled to do.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2016, 04:26:07 PM »
Entitled to?  Every member should be demanding answers from this board why they can't sell a club with record membership, exposure and prime location to corporate sponsors.  Simply not good enough to have so little sponsorship revenue.  Unacceptable yet they depend on menbership money and donations and praise their achievements of wiping out debt and making profits.  As supporters we are apathetic and don't demand excellence.

FooffooValve

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2016, 04:45:26 PM »
Entitled to?  Every member should be demanding answers from this board why they can't sell a club with record membership, exposure and prime location to corporate sponsors.  Simply not good enough to have so little sponsorship revenue.  Unacceptable yet they depend on menbership money and donations and praise their achievements of wiping out debt and making profits.  As supporters we are apathetic and don't demand excellence.

Can you link to evidence of our poor sponsorship performance? Our annual report shows that we had a record year for sponsorship revenue.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2016, 05:08:39 PM »
Is that the same annual report that says we earned 26m in sponsorship and marketing and only 14m in football activities?  Do those numbers make sense to you?

FooffooValve

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2016, 05:28:12 PM »
All clubs have different revenue profiles. I for one would prefer that we make nothing from gaming/pokies.

Anyway, if you're trying to criticise the current board on the grounds of financial performance, you're not holding a strong hand. Stick to football.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2016, 06:36:21 PM »
All clubs have different revenue profiles. I for one would prefer that we make nothing from gaming/pokies.

Anyway, if you're trying to criticise the current board on the grounds of financial performance, you're not holding a strong hand. Stick to football.

You based your comment on the annual report which doesn't separate sponsorship revenue on it's own.  Just bringing it to your attention.

FooffooValve

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2016, 06:57:10 PM »

You based your comment on the annual report which doesn't separate sponsorship revenue on it's own.  Just bringing it to your attention.

Yeah, and you're still to show evidence that we've performed poorly on sponsorship revenue.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2016, 07:02:00 PM »
There's an article that's been linked here somewhere- says we were bottom 4 in FY 2014.  Since then we have lost ME bank.

FooffooValve

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2016, 07:11:20 PM »
Yet we achieved record sponsorship revenue in 2015. I think I know the article you refer to. It is a list of revenue from top sponsors, not the entire story.

We are performing very well in terms of financials. Can you agree on that?

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2016, 07:22:47 PM »
Yet we achieved record sponsorship revenue in 2015. I think I know the article you refer to. It is a list of revenue from top sponsors, not the entire story.

We are performing very well in terms of financials. Can you agree on that?

Where do you get the record sponsorships number from?  If it's the annual report then be aware they lump all sorts of revenue in "sponsorship and marketing" bucket.  There is no breakdown and most likely includes membership revenue.