Author Topic: Philosophical question:- Why are we perpetually poo?  (Read 15556 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Re: Philosophical question:- Why are we perpetually poo?
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2016, 07:01:46 AM »
dya mean traded out our     soul?

soemthing is wierd going on here

I typed in our and then the word soul and it became outool.  Twice

Its a swear filter glitch which changes rsole to tool
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2016, 08:15:44 AM »
dya mean traded out our     soul?

soemthing is wierd going on here

I typed in our and then the word soul and it became outool.  Twice

Its a swear filter glitch which changes rsole to tool
wow, so you can attempt to offend someone, be censored for it, and then still achieve your original aim?

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2016, 11:26:01 AM »
Very simple answer to the question

The reason is because we the fans accept mediocrity

We have very very low standards

Even if I accepted your premise that we the fans accept mediocrity, and I don't (for every unquestioning clod who thinks our list is just fine, there are hundreds who know it's not), how does what the fans think have any bearing on how the club functions anyway? What can we as observers of the game and nothing more do to tell our clubs management that we demand better? Dump chicken poo on the doorstep? Tried that. At the end of the day our only recourse to protest is to cancel our membership,which is like cutting off your nose to spite your face anyway.

The problem is that the fans are too loyal, this breeds complacency in the board and footy department which leads to crappy results.

If our membership dropped , say 10000 members next year, maybe the board will pull their finger out and actually sign a sponsor, and get a coach with half a brain.

As it stands, due to the members loyalty, and  our low standards in accepting mediocre results, the board does nothing and 7 years on we are stuck with a proven failure of a coach for another 2 years.

This is directly the members fault due to accepting the rubbish we have been given.

My advise, don't buy a membership. Make the club struggle, then maybe they will be forced to act with urgency. 

Offline Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2016, 11:33:29 AM »
So don't buy a membership? Then when an EGM or AGM gives us a chance to vote for change, we can't. Or do we do what the FoF group do and rush out and buy one when you want that chance?

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2016, 02:49:25 PM »
The board is stacked and rigged

They put their mates on and and stay 15 years without any accountability

You want to throw good money after bad that's fine

Good for you

Offline Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2016, 03:06:09 PM »
The board is stacked and rigged

They put their mates on and and stay 15 years without any accountability

You want to throw good money after bad that's fine

Good for you
Who says my money is good?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 03:40:13 PM by Go Richo 12 »

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2016, 03:11:07 PM »

Even if I accepted your premise that we the fans accept mediocrity, and I don't (for every unquestioning clod who thinks our list is just fine, there are hundreds who know it's not), how does what the fans think have any bearing on how the club functions anyway? What can we as observers of the game and nothing more do to tell our clubs management that we demand better? Dump chicken poo on the doorstep? Tried that. At the end of the day our only recourse to protest is to cancel our membership,which is like cutting off your nose to spite your face anyway.

The problem is that the fans are too loyal, this breeds complacency in the board and footy department which leads to crappy results.

If our membership dropped , say 10000 members next year, maybe the board will pull their finger out and actually sign a sponsor, and get a coach with half a brain.

As it stands, due to the members loyalty, and  our low standards in accepting mediocre results, the board does nothing and 7 years on we are stuck with a proven failure of a coach for another 2 years.

This is directly the members fault due to accepting the rubbish we have been given.

My advise, don't buy a membership. Make the club struggle, then maybe they will be forced to act with urgency.

100% correct.  Board members with no idea appointing key staff with no idea.  And members joining up and not demanding success only continues the cycle.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2016, 03:17:52 PM »
Peg and Ben don't have a job without our funding.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2016, 03:44:09 PM »

I agree with you in so much that I think the club has taken its' fans loyalty for granted, and there doesn't seem to be too much urgency around the place either at board or player level to reward the fans. Everybody just seems pretty comfortable in their cushy roles as long as the gravy train keeps running on, so maybe you're right that a substantial drop in membership might put a much needed rocket up the place. Or it might have a detrimental effect in that they don't have the necessary funds to put into the footy dept, recruiting  or retaining some of our better players in danger of being poached. Either  way, good or bad, I think there will be a massive drop off in memberships next year, as fans are disillusioned with our continuing hopelessness, and the prospect of two more years with a dud coach.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2016, 03:54:49 PM »
RFC is like a Government Organisation where people come in at 9.30, knock off at 4.30 and take 2 hour lunches.  No accountability, deadlines and an endless budget.  If something needs to be done just call in the external consultants and pay them what they want.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2016, 04:00:19 PM »
RFC is like a Government Organisation where people come in at 9.30, knock off at 4.30 and take 2 hour lunches.  No accountability, deadlines and an endless budget.  If something needs to be done just call in the external consultants and pay them what they want.

Ugh.

You criticizing government organizations and Pen and Benny is like my mate claiming he's a better guitarist than Slash.

You should start a movement. The non-members of the RFC united.

Of course, membership is for peasants and supplicants, so you'd have to give each other code names and never meet in the same place twice.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2016, 04:03:52 PM »
Another example of how we are poo - they can't even lock in new assistamts.
Balmey must be scratching his head.
Caracella and Balmey.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2016, 04:30:11 PM »
Less than halfa before Caracella officially comes to the tiges.

Keep it up Ox  ;)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2016, 05:24:29 PM »

Keep it up Ox  ;)

Beautiful timing there by Ox .
Unleash the tornado

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2016, 05:51:38 PM »

Keep it up Ox  ;)

I have no chance against such a shrewd PR machine as the RFC.    :snidegrin
Caracella and Balmey.