Author Topic: Are we making a Hail Mary play for Fyfe?  (Read 12119 times)

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Are we making a Hail Mary play for Fyfe?
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2016, 11:21:59 PM »
Given our level of research into players he will never run again and we'll swap 3 1st rounders for him.  I really would want solid proof he is over his leg injury.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2016, 07:19:35 AM »
Sometimes you gotta take a risk

More when trying to get ahead - in a league with drafts, equalisation, caps
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 09:21:15 AM by Stalin »
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2016, 09:18:53 AM »
Honestly why would you? He's done a bad injury you will have to pay massively over for him like 2 1st round picks and his best days are over. He will be a good player but not a great one from now on. It's not like the Chris Judd deal his injuries were to his shoulders and he's not a kpp, Fyfe is a leg fracture, anyone remember Nathan Brown here? He won't be as quick or as mobile but will still win contests but for 2 1st rounders and a million a year it would be stupid.

He's 25 years old ...

Big call you are making

It's fyfe, not grimes
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline sugark

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2016, 09:26:55 AM »
He didnt snap his leg like Brown, it didnt have an impact on Chris Newmans career.

Fyfe is an out and out gun, if we had even a sniff of a chance to get him then we would be negligent in not doing all we could.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2016, 09:28:17 AM »
Shane Edwards was bought back from a broken leg in two weeks

No big deal unless it's gnarly

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2016, 10:08:00 AM »
He didnt snap his leg like Brown, it didnt have an impact on Chris Newmans career.

Fyfe is an out and out gun, if we had even a sniff of a chance to get him then we would be negligent in not doing all we could.

Fyfe's leg is fine.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2016, 10:31:27 AM »

So I guess the question is do we actually have a sniff of getting him; are things in motion to court him across OR is this all just a bunch of tigers supporters getting together and saying "oh he was a tiger growing up, of course he wants to come to us" and its grown into a rumor?

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2016, 10:34:08 AM »

So I guess the question is do we actually have a sniff of getting him; are things in motion to court him across OR is this all just a bunch of tigers supporters getting together and saying "oh he was a tiger growing up, of course he wants to come to us" and its grown into a rumor?

He had a broken leg, not very stable strategy is it ... He's already said he wants to go to Geelong. Lets not bother. It's too hard.

At least there Is yarren. I mean motlop. And Prestia gee whiz a steal

No Richmond will not land a big fish this trade week. There might actually be a lot of time left before te window closes but we will declare so anyway and show our hand. Supporters need to give it a rest. We have a middling rubbish list because of you people

Yeah na cream. At least we are the first team to put our draft picks on the website. Before the draft but you know

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2016, 10:38:24 AM »

He's already said he wants to go to Geelong. Lets not bother. It's too hard.

No Richmond will not land a big fish this trade week. There might actually be a lot of time left before te window closes but we will declare so anyway and show our hand. Supporters need to give it a rest. We have a middling rubbish list because of you people

Yeah na cream. At least we are the first team to put our draft picks on the website. Before the draft but you know

Who are "you people"?

When has he said he wants to go to Geelong?

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2016, 10:41:02 AM »

He's already said he wants to go to Geelong. Lets not bother. It's too hard.

Who are "you people"?

When has he said he wants to go to Geelong?

Oh sorry I thought it was dangerfield / trelor

My mistake

You people is the Richmond members that according to the list manager - are the reason Richmond are currently terrible with loads of plodding, nearing 30 yoa list blockers

Could have had t Boyd, bont, t mitchel, Parker but you had to be difficult didn't u

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Dougeytherichmondfan

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2016, 03:39:26 PM »
His leg is nothing like Nathan Browns, he demolished his leg, snapped it in half ffs.  Knew straight away he was finished.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Shammo80

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2016, 04:04:46 PM »
Richmond will again gain average players like this year townsend,moore :banghead :banghead :banghead.
Williams and deboar  :banghead :banghead :banghead

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2016, 04:12:41 PM »
Chasing mediocroty once again, with dimmer still as coach is the issue.

His overseeing of development in 7 years is the worst in the comp.

There's no hope, surely.

A new beginning is the best answer..... But Ben and peg gave hike another two years.

Circular argument - get rid of all of them and set standards.
Caracella and Balmey.