Author Topic: Are we making a Hail Mary play for Fyfe?  (Read 12115 times)

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Are we making a Hail Mary play for Fyfe?
« on: October 04, 2016, 06:29:51 PM »
Whether anything actually happens or not but has anyone else heard a/ rumblings out west b/ what we could be trying to do?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Are we making a Hail Mary play for Fyfe?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 06:33:41 PM »
I've heard rumours but none are from any legitimate source. I doubt that we'll ever hear anything official unless it is going to happen, which is highly unlikely.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 06:37:40 PM »
I have it good authority that it's a waste of time going after players who grew up supporting Richmond so we shouldn't even bother.... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 06:39:20 PM »
Buy him an aircraft
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 06:39:32 PM »
I have it good authority that it's a waste of time going after players who grew up supporting Richmond so we shouldn't even bother.... :shh

What if we offer them cheer squad membership  :shh :shh
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 06:40:23 PM »
Buy him an aircraft
Unfortunately the Concorde's production was ceased....

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2016, 06:41:08 PM »

What if we offer them cheer squad membership  :shh :shh
At least they'll be supporters! ;D

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2016, 07:02:00 PM »
Delete Thread before Ratboi or The HUN team read this and make a scoop of out nothing
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2016, 07:24:32 PM »
Delete Thread before Ratboi or The HUN team read this and make a scoop of out nothing

The rumour is already out there in mainstream media

#WhyNotUs
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2016, 07:31:45 PM »
At least if we miss fyfe we get a depressed motlop

:shh

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2016, 09:02:08 PM »
Honestly why would you? He's done a bad injury you will have to pay massively over for him like 2 1st round picks and his best days are over. He will be a good player but not a great one from now on. It's not like the Chris Judd deal his injuries were to his shoulders and he's not a kpp, Fyfe is a leg fracture, anyone remember Nathan Brown here? He won't be as quick or as mobile but will still win contests but for 2 1st rounders and a million a year it would be stupid.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2016, 09:12:34 PM »
I've heard rumours but none are from any legitimate source. I doubt that we'll ever hear anything official unless it is going to happen, which is highly unlikely.

I've heard rumours from a legitimate source but struggle to believe it. When i say legitimate i mean impeccable :shh

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2016, 09:22:15 PM »
Honestly why would you? He's done a bad injury you will have to pay massively over for him like 2 1st round picks and his best days are over. He will be a good player but not a great one from now on. It's not like the Chris Judd deal his injuries were to his shoulders and he's not a kpp, Fyfe is a leg fracture, anyone remember Nathan Brown here? He won't be as quick or as mobile but will still win contests but for 2 1st rounders and a million a year it would be stupid.

He is absolutely worth $1m and 2 x first rounders but I'm not sure how we could jag another first rounder and get Prestia.
Fyfe is 25 yo and has 6 great years left.
As fanciful as it might be, getting him would be game changing.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2016, 09:33:05 PM »
Different fracture mate. Totally different. Nathan's was a compound fracture tearing muscle and nerve.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2016, 10:19:21 PM »
Would be the biggest mistake they ever made trying to get him. He will be another Nathan Brown with that leg  ;D  :thumbsdown