Author Topic: Richmond Membership 2017 --- "Eat 'Em Alive"  (Read 77985 times)

FlashGordon

Re: Richmond Membership 2017
« Reply #105 on: January 18, 2017, 10:07:56 AM »
Only 1k down given how horrible to watch we were. People must believe in Balme or Caddy and Prestia.

the brains trust understand that after believing pipe dreams and poo for the last 7 years, they can sell anything to the people.
Just like they glossed over our "successful" loss of pick 6 and then "securing" a soon to be dud in Caddy.  I mean do you really think the Cats would have let him slip out of town if they were really wanting him to stay?
His his inclusion to the team went hand in hand in their recent demise and they even included Danger and they still fell over.   Are we that stupid still?
We havent changed the culture at all. Under this regime there has been a "token" rebuild and then everything else has been looking for recycled players and then backing it up with off season propaganda to keep the punters hopeful.  They are now giving us daily updates on our pick 26 and a rookie pick and once again the punters think we have aced it because they look good at training, 
Lets take stock. We have stumbled and bu,bled our way through drafts with a raft of duds being selected unless they were pick 1,2 or 3 and now the same people have grown a brain? lmaoooo....

Make no mistake, the majority of the stayers are the newbies who jumped on and think we are on the cusp and want to stick. I know many long time members who are over the whole thing, tigers and footy that is.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #106 on: January 18, 2017, 12:13:05 PM »
"securing" a soon to be dud in Caddy. 

Near identical stats to Deledio's in his 2015 AA year. So did we do well getting some decent picks for a dud who is struggling with injury?

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #107 on: January 18, 2017, 12:47:13 PM »
Only 1k down given how horrible to watch we were. People must believe in Balme or Caddy and Prestia.

the brains trust understand that after believing pipe dreams and poo for the last 7 years, they can sell anything to the people.
Just like they glossed over our "successful" loss of pick 6 and then "securing" a soon to be dud in Caddy.  I mean do you really think the Cats would have let him slip out of town if they were really wanting him to stay?
His his inclusion to the team went hand in hand in their recent demise and they even included Danger and they still fell over.   Are we that stupid still?
We havent changed the culture at all. Under this regime there has been a "token" rebuild and then everything else has been looking for recycled players and then backing it up with off season propaganda to keep the punters hopeful.  They are now giving us daily updates on our pick 26 and a rookie pick and once again the punters think we have aced it because they look good at training, 
Lets take stock. We have stumbled and bu,bled our way through drafts with a raft of duds being selected unless they were pick 1,2 or 3 and now the same people have grown a brain? lmaoooo....

Make no mistake, the majority of the stayers are the newbies who jumped on and think we are on the cusp and want to stick. I know many long time members who are over the whole thing, tigers and footy that is.

Do these long timers fill their time by ranting on forums?

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #108 on: January 18, 2017, 01:05:26 PM »

I know many long time members who are over the whole thing, tigers and footy that is.
I know a lot of long time members too. They stick with the club through thick and thin and realise the RFC is more than just Peggy, Benny, Dimma etc etc.
That's why they ARE long time members. They realise that the club still needs their support. They don't want to behave like a spoilt brat a chuck a hissy fit because they disagree the way the club is run. Those in charge come and go but the RFC will always be there if supporters remain loyal.

:gotigers
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #109 on: January 18, 2017, 01:29:58 PM »

really?

We have one of the lowest "churn" rates in the AFL regarding long term members

The majority is not long termers jumping off but the newbies; those who've been around 5 years or less

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #110 on: January 18, 2017, 02:07:39 PM »

I know many long time members who are over the whole thing, tigers and footy that is.
I know a lot of long time members too. They stick with the club through thick and thin and realise the RFC is more than just Peggy, Benny, Dimma etc etc.
That's why they ARE long time members. They realise that the club still needs their support. They don't want to behave like a spoilt brat a chuck a hissy fit because they disagree the way the club is run. Those in charge come and go but the RFC will always be there if supporters remain loyal.

This  :clapping

FlashGordon

« Reply #111 on: January 18, 2017, 04:39:59 PM »

This  :clapping

After 30 years of stupidity you would think it aint a spoilt brat thing man.  How ridiculous you sound.  I would even go as far as to say we are bordering on sounding like poor old Fitzroy supporters who bring up stuff that happened 48,000 years ago to make them feel some kind of connection to current footy.

As for it being more than a Benny , Peggy , Dimma thing, yeah, but you might want to tell those megalomaniacs that as well.  :banghead

FlashGordon

« Reply #112 on: January 18, 2017, 04:47:26 PM »

really?

The majority is not long termers jumping off but the newbies; those who've been around 5 years or less

ok, my mistake, just been running into alot of long termers who have downgraded to 3 gamers....;)

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #113 on: January 18, 2017, 05:15:36 PM »
Well they do say misery loves company

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #114 on: January 18, 2017, 06:40:01 PM »

really?

ok, my mistake, just been running into alot of long termers who have downgraded to 3 gamers....;)

Jumped means they've walked away

Downgrading your membership isnt walking away
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #115 on: January 19, 2017, 02:58:04 AM »
As of 18/01/2017

FlashGordon

« Reply #116 on: January 19, 2017, 09:13:47 AM »

really?

ask Benny what it means to the club's coffers

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #117 on: January 19, 2017, 10:04:21 AM »

really?

ask Benny what it means to the club's coffers
Instead of blowing hot wind out of your rear, why don't you back up your statements with facts? For all you know there maybe more full members than 3 game ones compared to last year. Unless you can back you statements with fact then you are only guessing. That's an opinion then that means nothing.
FWIW, I don't claim to know what is happening with club memberships overall. All I know is numbers are close to last year.
So before you start spouting baseless statements ring the club and get some facts before you post.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #118 on: January 19, 2017, 12:14:15 PM »

I agree with this post  :cheers
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #119 on: January 19, 2017, 01:39:27 PM »
As of 19/01/2017