Author Topic: Richmond Membership 2017 --- "Eat 'Em Alive"  (Read 77991 times)

FlashGordon

Re: Richmond Membership 2017
« Reply #120 on: January 23, 2017, 10:04:16 AM »
Make no mistake, the majority of the stayers are the newbies who jumped on and think we are on the cusp and want to stick. I know many long time members who are over the whole thing, tigers and footy that is.

really?

We have one of the lowest "churn" rates in the AFL regarding long term members

The majority is not long termers jumping off but the newbies; those who've been around 5 years or less

ok, my mistake, just been running into alot of long termers who have downgraded to 3 gamers....;)

Jumped means they've walked away

Downgrading your membership isnt walking away

ask Benny what it means to the club's coffers
Instead of blowing hot wind out of your rear, why don't you back up your statements with facts? For all you know there maybe more full members than 3 game ones compared to last year. Unless you can back you statements with fact then you are only guessing. That's an opinion then that means nothing.
FWIW, I don't claim to know what is happening with club memberships overall. All I know is numbers are close to last year.
So before you start spouting baseless statements ring the club and get some facts before you post.

Baseless statements?   Try this on for size if you actually can comprehend any semblance of logic.   We broke records coming into last season. The season was a compelet and utter disaster, culiminating in the last few rounds where the team became a laughing stock to join up with the coach who had already achieved the laughing stock status. 
Now you are a logical man arent you?   How on earth can you actually sit there and suggest someone is blowing wind out of their rear, when they suggest the numbers are going to dip because of the above and suggest their statements are baseless, when in fact your statements a figments of some imaginary utopia where the punter cough up their dollars, get diddly squat back in terms of value and suggest they will not hesitate to cough their dollars up again...give it up man, at the end of the day get real for once. It has been our downfall forever, thinking all is rosy when its not.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #121 on: January 23, 2017, 10:26:48 AM »
Make no mistake, the majority of the stayers are the newbies who jumped on and think we are on the cusp and want to stick. I know many long time members who are over the whole thing, tigers and footy that is.

really?

The majority is not long termers jumping off but the newbies; those who've been around 5 years or less

ok, my mistake, just been running into alot of long termers who have downgraded to 3 gamers....;)

Instead of blowing hot wind out of your rear, why don't you back up your statements with facts? For all you know there maybe more full members than 3 game ones compared to last year. Unless you can back you statements with fact then you are only guessing. That's an opinion then that means nothing.
FWIW, I don't claim to know what is happening with club memberships overall. All I know is numbers are close to last year.
So before you start spouting baseless statements ring the club and get some facts before you post.

Baseless statements?   Try this on for size if you actually can comprehend any semblance of logic.   We broke records coming into last season. The season was a compelet and utter disaster, culiminating in the last few rounds where the team became a laughing stock to join up with the coach who had already achieved the laughing stock status. 
Now you are a logical man arent you?   How on earth can you actually sit there and suggest someone is blowing wind out of their rear, when they suggest the numbers are going to dip because of the above and suggest their statements are baseless, when in fact your statements a figments of some imaginary utopia where the punter cough up their dollars, get diddly squat back in terms of value and suggest they will not hesitate to cough their dollars up again...give it up man, at the end of the day get real for once. It has been our downfall forever, thinking all is rosy when its not.

Whoa!

Where did I say things were rosy? Where did I say we will have as many members as last year?

Fact. You stated that we will take a big hit financially. You said a lot of our full members will now be only 3 game members.

The fact remains that currently we have no idea what percentage of members will either downgrade or upgrade their membership. One would think more would downgrade given our performance last year but nobody really knows. The arrival of Prestia and Caddy together with some skilful youngsters may have given renewed enthusiasm to supporters which may offset the effect of a putrid season. Again, nobody knows.

Where I do think logic prevails is that the way we start off the season. If we win most of the first five or six games I can see our membership surging. If we lose many of them then I can see us taking a massive hit.

OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #122 on: January 23, 2017, 10:46:17 AM »

really?

I think we have a laughing stock thread somewhere, maybe you should dig it out of archive

There is also a no excuses one that was very entertaining as well

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #123 on: January 23, 2017, 02:26:45 PM »
As of 23/01/2017

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #124 on: January 23, 2017, 06:10:23 PM »
Fact. You stated that we will take a big hit financially. You said a lot of our full members will now be only 3 game members.

Can you directly quote that for me? I can't seem to see him making those claims in this thread. Unless you are twisting "ask benny what that means to the club's coffers" to "we will take a big hit financially" and "just been running into a lot of long termers who have downgraded to 3 gamers" to "a lot of our full members will now be only 3 game members" to suit your agenda?

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #125 on: January 23, 2017, 06:32:49 PM »

Can you directly quote that for me? I can't seem to see him making those claims in this thread. Unless you are twisting "ask benny what that means to the club's coffers" to "we will take a big hit financially" and "just been running into a lot of long termers who have downgraded to 3 gamers" to "a lot of our full members will now be only 3 game members" to suit your agenda?
If you can't work that out I can't help you.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #126 on: January 23, 2017, 10:43:51 PM »

really?

Whoa!

Where did I say things were rosy? Where did I say we will have as many members as last year?

The fact remains that currently we have no idea what percentage of members will either downgrade or upgrade their membership. One would think more would downgrade given our performance last year but nobody really knows. The arrival of Prestia and Caddy together with some skilful youngsters may have given renewed enthusiasm to supporters which may offset the effect of a putrid season. Again, nobody knows.

Where I do think logic prevails is that the way we start off the season. If we win most of the first five or six games I can see our membership surging. If we lose many of them then I can see us taking a massive hit.

You aren't factoring in the "Hampson effect" which normally kicks in when he says it's been his best pre season and he's set new standards for burning up the track. That's a bigger money spinner than any fast start to the season.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #127 on: January 25, 2017, 11:23:46 AM »
As of 25/01/2017

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #128 on: January 27, 2017, 04:15:23 AM »
As of 26/01/2017

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #129 on: January 28, 2017, 12:18:10 AM »

Ah so you admit it... I see

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #130 on: January 28, 2017, 10:06:23 AM »

Yes. I admit you can't put two plus two together.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #131 on: January 28, 2017, 10:35:19 PM »
As of 27/01/2017

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #132 on: January 28, 2017, 10:42:33 PM »
Club membership tallies - 27/01/2017

Hawthorn    63,473
Adelaide      61,093
West Coast  56,264
Richmond    54,218
Essendon     50,713
Port Adel.    50,356
Fremantle    46,028
Geelong       43,007
Carlton        35,450
Sydney        34,763
W.Bulldogs   32,821
St Kilda        32,600
Melbourne    30,549
North Melb.  29,404
Brisbane      16,061
GWS Giants  12,543
Gold Coast     7,738

Collingwood:  N/A

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #133 on: January 29, 2017, 03:03:17 PM »

Two plus two usually equals four but you've turned it into five ;)

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #134 on: January 29, 2017, 03:35:00 PM »

Two plus two usually equals four but you've turned it into five ;)
Are you seriously saying that stating that "been running into a lot of long termers who have downgraded to 3 gamers" is very different to "a lot of our full members will only be 3 game members"?????

Seriously?

It is a direct paraphrase.

You really have a comprehension problem if you think otherwise.