Author Topic: Confidence in the club - Up, down or the same since 2016 started?  (Read 4572 times)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
It's a pretty simple question, where are you placed with regard to the confidence or belief that you have in the club at the moment.

More importantly - why?

For me, it's shaken, not stirred......yet.

On the basis of:-

I've never seen this as the premiership combination - list, coaching staff, board, president. I've always felt the next generation would deliver that but that this group would deliver stability of results (money, ladder position, player development etc) that would get us close.

They haven't delivered any of the above this year ..... And been horrible to watch on and off field.

So while I'm prepared to give everyone at the club one more year, their ability to listen and adapt will be crucial.
So far, trade period and lack of transparency on the review have been a little more shaken....

It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Jackstar 1960

Re: Confidence in the club - Up, down or the same since 2016 started?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 06:59:09 AM »
Your right
Definitely not the right ingredients to win a flag
New captain and coach would help

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 07:02:48 AM »
Down
Down
Down
Down

To funky town
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 07:12:32 AM »
Some clubs with less members, less resources, can make some tough decisions when required to shake up the complacency of mediocre mentality. The Bulldogs sacked a well regarded coach and made some tough calls in trade & draft. Bringing in a coach that actually is a forward thinker & innovator that was able to use the strengths of the list to develop a game style accordingly.

We had an opportunity to wait and see if our coach was able to improve our team but this board wasn't able to make the tough call but instead was influenced by Collingwoods decision to extend Buckleys contract. Instead We were told this was because he was able to deliver 3 finals appearances and he had the attributes to be a premiership coach.

Hardwick showed us his dud status when he lost our first final. Should've been sacked immediately  after that post match press conference. 

I've had no confidence in this regime since that loss.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 09:00:26 AM »
I'm the not sure guy. It's more likely that we'll be talking of Dimma's sacking this time next year but hey we may make finals and just a low grumbling will occur. I'm only 40% we make finals. Maybe less

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 12:39:47 PM »
I'll say this.

If Damien Hardwick coaches Richmond a to a flag it would be the biggest disaster OER has ever faced.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2016, 12:53:41 PM »
I'll say this.

If Damien Hardwick coaches Richmond a to a flag it would be the biggest disaster OER has ever faced.

I'm sure the masterminds on here will somehow take credit for turning it around.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2016, 01:04:55 PM »
I'll say this.

Rubbish

::)

If it does happen it'll be more down to rance and martin being jets rather than Dimma mastermind string pulling
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2016, 01:06:03 PM »
Myself and at least 6-8 other posters have been saying all is not right with the club and personell since at least 3 years ago. And in particular after the North loss. The finals appearances were a very thin veneer over fundamental problems.

I was reported and banned for maintaining a position of being too negative.

If peoples current positions on the club were posted 12-18 months ago, at least 50% of site members would likely follow the same fate.

As for my views as of today, im trying to give the club a chance to prove itself as part of (supposedly) turning over a new leaf with personnel.

Ill next judge them at the end of the trade week. If its more of the same then wackety wack wack.

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2016, 01:07:46 PM »
I'll say this.

I'm sure the masterminds on here will somehow take credit for turning it around.

Says the guy who was the very last one off the Hardwick bus, merely months ago.
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline mat073

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2016, 01:12:53 PM »
I'm completely disillusioned. 

I've never been as so indifferent to the club as I am now.

Blind Freddy can see Dimma is not the answer - why can't Peggy and Benny pull the trigger ?

The style of football played in 2016 made my eyes bleed. Even our victories were so unconvincing.

Once a generation players like Dusty and Rance are being wasted through an incompetent game plan.

I'm sure Cotchin has another gear to go to ....why has he stalled ?

Player development is pathetic . I'm certain Conca , B. Ellis , Lennon , Vlastuin and C. Ellis all have the tools to become decent AFL players but something is fundamentally at Richmond where players don't ever reach their potential.

If we recruit another delisted free agent ( probably from Port ) I will just about give up .

Unleash the tornado

Offline mat073

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2016, 01:15:59 PM »
I'll say this.

I started a thread entitled " time to eat some humble pie " after about round 5 or 6 where I admitted I was wrong .
Unleash the tornado

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2016, 01:18:17 PM »
I'll say this.

I've never been as so indifferent to the club as I ... ) I will just about give up .

That's cause u just got off the bus bro

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2016, 01:25:43 PM »
I'll say this.

I've never been as so indifferent to the club as I ... ) I will just about give up .

That's cause u just got off the bus bro

Its true. Once your off and you see 2 to three seasons of the same crap it just becomes comical.
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2016, 05:29:20 PM »
Simple fact is we are run by people with little idea how to run a successful club.  Until these critical people are replaced the best we can hope for is an EF thrashing
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?