Author Topic: Josh Caddy has retired [merged]  (Read 130762 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Josh Caddy has retired [update]
« Reply #630 on: May 06, 2022, 05:54:42 PM »
The blokes done the right thing and retired. Remains for me at least a very  disappointing player and will leave it at that.

You weak prick
Not only can’t you admit you got your character assessment wrong, you take a potshot at him as a player

Lol retirement like death never a bad thing to say about them when it happens.

Have always thought him disappointing fmd im one of few who have always said it and i believe i was taking a shot at the club for not forcing him to retire instead keeping on a bloke they were not going to play.

But hey you carry on on your emotional roller coaster its quite amusing.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #631 on: May 06, 2022, 06:13:27 PM »
Its funny here we are screaming out for ages now for  a few big bodied more inside mids than out. And here we have this big pretend tough guy mid who we have been forced to play everywhere bar where we needed him the most,because he was just plain ordinary as a mid.

All i can say is thank god he had the sense to retire because the club didnt have the sense to push him.

He had one very good year for us kicking 46 goals as a fwd in 2018 every other year well i wont argue it but for me disappointing.

Just because he has retired people should not expect me to change my opinion on him now.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #632 on: May 06, 2022, 07:07:05 PM »
Claw - I personally didn’t think he was a star as a player. I felt he was a yard slow, which hurt him as a player.

More just how weak you are when wrong .. you character assassinate the bloke and when proven to be completely wrong, instead of putting your hand up like a man , more pot shots

Hence, weak as pee

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #633 on: May 06, 2022, 07:35:45 PM »
Claw - I personally didn’t think he was a star as a player. I felt he was a yard slow, which hurt him as a player.

More just how weak you are when wrong .. you character assassinate the bloke and when proven to be completely wrong, instead of putting your hand up like a man , more pot shots

Hence, weak as pee

IYO i have character assasinated him!!!!! id like to know where?  i won't change my mind on this bloke just because he has retired.

If saying he did the right thing  by retireing is putting the boots in then so be it. But im glad he did  just because he retired wont alter my opinion on him as a player.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Re: Josh Caddy [merged]
« Reply #634 on: May 06, 2022, 08:26:44 PM »
But lets face it i have the gut feel it has never been about anyone but Josh so it will not happen.

Good call mate .. your gut feel was spot on

I’ve got a gut feel you’re weak as pee and loath to admit when wrong

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Josh Caddy [merged]
« Reply #635 on: May 06, 2022, 08:40:50 PM »
But lets face it i have the gut feel it has never been about anyone but Josh so it will not happen.

Good call mate .. your gut feel was spot on

I’ve got a gut feel you’re weak as pee and loath to admit when wrong

Your right that statement does take a shot at him,  in fairness though the gist was about the failure of the club to get rid of him.
If you like i was wrong with that statement. no skin off my back i still think he should have retired at the end of last year when he was clearly out of favour and it was not likely he would get more games.I alsi still think him ordinary as a player and a disappointment.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #636 on: May 06, 2022, 11:54:29 PM »
The blokes done the right thing and retired. Remains for me at least a very  disappointing player and will leave it at that.

However you want to dress it up, its  a poo thing to say about a two time premiership player. If you can’t see that, you’re as deluded as the people who pot for applauding those who defined our era with 3 flags
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #637 on: May 07, 2022, 01:00:15 PM »

However you want to dress it up, its  a poo thing to say about a two time premiership player. If you can’t see that, you’re as deluded as the people who pot for applauding those who defined our era with 3 flags
The truth isn't always nice but even when its harsh its still the truth.

Fact he did the right thing by retireing and it should have been earlier. Weather hes disappointing for people or not thats opinion and thats what this site is all about.
 IMO he has been disappointing apart from 2018, i will not sugar coat his career just because he has now retired.
Just enough thats sums him up always doing just enough to keep his spot.
I won't take it any further as i will come across as i probably am now as trashing the blokes career. Unlike others i think he was just plain average not great not poor and not as good as people made him out to be. Iam also pleased he has retired what is the point of haveing  a 29yo on the list who you just are not going to play?

Dont get people why is it okay to say he should retire when hes still around but its not okay to say he did the right thing once he has gone. seems to me im not the one flip flopping as circumstances change. His retirement has no effect on my opinion of him nor should it.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #638 on: May 07, 2022, 01:30:57 PM »
Your entitled to your opinion and no one can take that from you. As long as people don’t get personal we can all post our beliefs.
I like many don’t always agree with you often and that’s democracy,  but I do take exception when give a player like Josh Caddy disrespect  as he goes out the door  when you don’t know the circumstances. Could it be they extended his contract ,with his agreement for salary cap reasons and he is playing with chronic injury.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #639 on: May 07, 2022, 03:06:27 PM »
Who are you to say when someone should retire? These players already have a short enough career to maximise their income. The club offered him a contract and he accepted it. He was entitled to see out that contract until the very last second. Now the guy retires, most likely sacrificing some $$$$ to allow the club to draft someone in that can benefit the team and you just had to make some snarky comment about how he’s avg or a fake tough guy or whatever. Like what’s the point the dudes retired now, whatever your thoughts about him are well you won’t have to worry about that anymore.

How about if someone told you to retire? Bet you wouldn’t take too kindly to that.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Josh Caddy has retired [merged]
« Reply #640 on: June 19, 2022, 12:30:02 PM »
Retired premiership Tiger Josh Caddy has linked up with Northern Football League powerhouse club Greensborough.

“We are excited to have Josh join our club, his experience, talent and skills will benefit our team immensely,” Greensborough president Russell Grubb told News Corp.

“His past family connections with the club and the culture of the group was a big influence in his decision to join GFC.”

“He has fit in like a glove and the players are super excited.”

https://www.zerohanger.com/retired-tiger-josh-caddy-links-up-with-local-league-club-122115/