Author Topic: Richmond to participate in State Gov's Major Stadia and Arena Strategy (RFC)  (Read 3201 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Punt Road Stadium?

Richmond welcomes State Government opportunity

richmondfc.com.au
December 1, 2016

Richmond Football Club has welcomed the opportunity to participate in the establishment of a Major Stadia and Arena Strategy being developed by the State Government.

Minister for Sport John Eren announced on Wednesday that submissions from sports and stadium industry experts, major event organisers and national sports organisations would be sought as a blueprint is developed for Melbourne.

“We want Richmond Football Club to have a voice during the development of this strategy,” Richmond chief executive Brendon Gale said today.

“As always, it is important we continue to invest in the Punt Road Oval precinct to ensure we give ourselves the best chance of on-field success. But beyond that, this facility has the capacity to be an even more significant asset for the broader community than it already is.”

The Richmond Football Club facility is already home to the Korin Gamadji Institute, which works with Indigenous youth, and the Melbourne Indigenous Transition School. It hosts VFL games as well as numerous community and other football events each year.

“This is an iconic location in the heart of the greatest sporting precinct in the world. It would be an opportunity lost not to consider how this venue can play a more significant role in this city’s stadia landscape and in doing so, provide a great asset for all,” Gale said.

“The continued evolution and development of the Punt Road Oval precinct is a strategic focus of the Board and we look forward to sharing those plans with the State Government, and our members and supporters, in due course.”

A Ministerial Working Group chaired by Premier Daniel Andrews will develop the strategy by next year.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-12-01/richmond-welcomes-state-government-opportunity

FlashGordon

", it is important we continue to invest in the Punt Road Oval precinct to ensure we give ourselves the best chance of on-field success."

hahahhaaaaa....aaaahhh Benny still putting out the party lines...yes indeed we will give ourselves the best chance of winning flags is we continue to re-develop PRO.  Might be wise to invest in other stuff too that might get us there a bit quicker

Offline Beans

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
If that flog Andrews is chairing it we might end up with CFMEU Stadium as a naming rights sponsor and spend a billion $ not to develop PRO.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Beans why don't you come down to a job site and tell us all about your big tough anti union banter.  Stupid idiots reading the herald sun eating up all the rightwing stuffwittery
Lots of people name their swords......

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Beans why don't you come down to a job site and tell us all about your big tough anti union banter.  Stupid stuffers reading the herald sun eating up all the rightwing stuffwittery

Why does he have to go to a job site? Does intimidation help you to win arguements? I'm sure there's an debate to be had with equal merit on the general discussion forum.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Beans why don't you come down to a job site and tell us all about your big tough anti union banter.  Stupid stuffers reading the herald sun eating up all the rightwing stuffwittery

The wisest owls know you need both wings to fly..... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

dwaino

Chairman Andrews sounds fitting.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Punt Road to be the venue for the planned struggle sessions.......
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟

Too busy plotting the next round of penalty rate cuts like a raging capitalist?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame

Too busy plotting the next round of penalty rate cuts like a raging capitalist?

Penalty rates? What are they?
It's a flat rate per hour paid for however many hours the boss wants on a casual basis so sackable on the spot.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens

Why does he have to go to a job site? Does intimidation help you to win arguements? I'm sure there's an debate to be had with equal merit on the general discussion forum.
Who intimidated anyone?  You pricks are afraid of your own shadows.  Cowards.  "Save me government".  Weak spineless poos attacking people who work for a living.  It makes me sick to my guts people like me served in the forces to defend a nation of stuffing scumbags who attack the working class.  When you attack unions you attack nurses, teachers, construction, REAL firefighters and the list goes on.  I dunno what you do for a stuffing living but don't poo on other people because they want representation against Political and Corporate scumbags.  A lot of the working rights you have in this country were EARNED through their hard work.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Everybody deserves representation.

The problem has always been reaching a fair balance between employer and employee. One party always feels it's being screwed by the other. Whether we like them or not, unions are still the best way the common worker has to get a fair go. However, it's when a person holding a stop/slow sign earns $150k a year and teachers of our future leaders earn less than $100K that we see the system is less than perfect. :(
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame

The problem has always been reaching a fair balance between employer and employee. One party always feels it's being screwed by the other. Whether we like them or not, unions are still the best way the common worker has to get a fair go. However, it's when a person holding a stop/slow sign earns $150k a year and teachers of our future leaders earn less than $100K that we see the system is less than perfect. :(
I would hate to be a teacher but 12 weeks of hols a year sounds ok to me. I would need it if i had to teach kids like my own.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame

Well said :clapping

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟

Who intimidated anyone?  You pricks are afraid of your own shadows.  Cowards.  "Save me government".  Weak spineless poos attacking people who work for a living.  It makes me sick to my guts people like me served in the forces to defend a nation of stuffing scumbags who attack the working class.  When you attack unions you attack nurses, teachers, construction, REAL firefighters and the list goes on.  I dunno what you do for a stuffing living but don't poo on other people because they want representation against Political and Corporate scumbags.  A lot of the working rights you have in this country were EARNED through their hard work.

People who attack unions attack the working rights that have been fought for. For example:-

Equal pay for women
Minimum basic wage
40 hour week
4 weeks annual leave (previously 5 days until 1973)

These things didn't just inevitably happen because there was some form of magical happy consensus that they were morally the right thing to do.

There was ALOT of resistance and fighting all the way from the extreme capitalists and certain more right of centre political parties.

Don't be fooled people, if the greedy had their way we'd all be working 12 hours a day 6 days a week on 5 bucks an hour. Where do you think the ongoing campaigns in the herald sun, the floating of penalty rate cuts and talk of work choices comes from and who puts it on the agenda?

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018