Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 906308 times)

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #135 on: February 03, 2006, 03:56:49 PM »
Yeah, on SEN today Brian Royal said that Browny had been doing a little bit of competitive stuff and got a little "pressure" on the leg (a little knock or something), it was a little sore but he is o.k. (apparently)

Chocco didn't hold back either in calling the new quick kick-in rule a farce. Reckoned we'll now see plenty of coast to coast goals like in basketball.

Attacking Solution ... just kick goals

Defensive Solution ... just rush behinds

Easy, Problem Solved ! :shh

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #136 on: February 04, 2006, 03:53:46 AM »
Drill 2

Thumbnails:

Sugar, Chubba, Jacko, Tambo, White, Cogs, Simmo, Krakouer // Hyde, Jacko, Pettifer (in background), Raines, Tuck, Graham and Rodan.

Simmo kicks forward // Sugar, Staff, Graham, Hughes, Roach, Tuck, Tambo

Meyer kicks long // Staff, Limbach, Lids, Howat, Schulz, Simmonds

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #137 on: February 04, 2006, 03:55:44 AM »
Drill 3

Razor and Tivs

Thumbnails:

Tivs passes to a lead with Howat on the mark // Krakouer, Tuck, Polo, Limbach, Gas and Stafford

Sugar, Rodan, Chubba and Hughes // Polo, Sugar and Hughes

Browny, Staff, Schulz with Hartigan and Tambo // Kissing dirt - Tambo wraps up Rainesy

Staff, Schulz, Browny, Raines, Hartigan and Tambo battle and jostle

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #138 on: February 04, 2006, 03:58:15 AM »
Drill 4

Polo, Chaffey, Hyde, Tivs, Howat and Roach running 100m sets

Thumbnails:

Limbach, McGuane, Browny, Paddy Bowden, Chubba and Schulz // Limbach and McGuane while Rodan and Jacko walk past

Browny and Paddy Bowden // Raines, Hughes, Joel Bowden, White and Sugar

Meyer, Krakouer, Gas, Hartigan, Humm and Foley // Wallace chats to Sarge while Browny, Graham, Richo (behind Gus), Pattison, Rodan, McGuane, Paddy Bowden (behind Luke), Limbach, Jacko and Chubba rest between sets.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #139 on: February 04, 2006, 04:00:23 AM »
Close-ups

Thumbnails:

Richo (there you go Julz) // McGuane

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #140 on: February 04, 2006, 10:39:38 AM »
Woohoo :pray :clapping :whistle :wub :yep :woohoo

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #141 on: February 05, 2006, 01:55:39 AM »
Training pics courtesy of Moi

Thumbnails:

In the middle of a kick and mark drill // On the boundary

Jacko, Pettfier, Staff, Richo and Lids

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #142 on: February 05, 2006, 01:08:15 PM »

Best: Hyde (on fire through the midfield), Hartigan, Rodan, Meyer, Krakouer.

The first three mentioned there were last years early season fliers also, untill injury (Hyde - head, Hartigan - hamstring, Rodan - Knee) put a stop to them.  All 3 have taken Wallaces game plan and ran with it.  Good to see Hyde dominating, as fully fit with no adverse effects of the concussion, he will really be good for us.  Very smart player IMO (I'll do a bit of a review on my thoughts on him later).  Also good to see Meyer training strongly as he's been given strong training reviews so far.  Also it's time for krak to lift.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #143 on: February 05, 2006, 11:46:57 PM »
The first three mentioned there were last years early season fliers also, untill injury (Hyde - head, Hartigan - hamstring, Rodan - Knee) put a stop to them.  All 3 have taken Wallaces game plan and ran with it. 

At training all three are performing like their pre-injury selves which has been good to see. Hopefully they have a bit more luck this year on the injury front touchwood and can translate their training form into the real stuff over the whole season.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #144 on: February 07, 2006, 02:40:59 AM »
With thanks to Moi's handywork with her camera, here's a 48 second movie clip with sound from last Friday's training starring Richo, Simmonds and Lids.

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/images/team/moi/HPIM0472.AVI  (11.6 MB)

ps. if you have dial-up just let it download in the background and come back in an hour.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #145 on: February 13, 2006, 01:15:46 PM »
The boys were training at Punt Rd today just before midday. I popped in for a quick look on the way to work but they finished up shortly after anyway. They were all wearing white tops without numbers and doing a simple mark and kick drill between themselves at the Northern (old scoreboard) end then went inside.

From a guy I spoke to there were about 8 blokes in the recovery group but he didn't know who they were. I'm guessing they'll roughly Chaffey, Stafford, Knobel, Oakley-Nicholls, Hyde, Thursfield, Casserley and Moore. Training is scheduled at Vic Park tomorrow at 11am so I'll get a better idea then.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #146 on: February 13, 2006, 04:28:46 PM »

From a guy I spoke to there were about 8 blokes in the recovery group but he didn't know who they were. I'm guessing they'll roughly Chaffey, Stafford, Knobel, Oakley-Nicholls, Hyde, Thursfield, Casserley and Moore. Training is scheduled at Vic Park tomorrow at 11am so I'll get a better idea then.

thanx champ

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #147 on: February 14, 2006, 03:07:29 PM »
For the first time in history lol I got to training on time. The boys did a few stretching exercises and runs before they started at around 11.30am. Training finished at about 1.15pm.

Only Casserley and Knobel were absent. The rest of the boys were there with Oakley-Nicholls and Thursfield separate from the main group doing a few runs and close handball drills before heading off about halfway through the session. Hyde had a leg bandage on his upper right leg but completed all the drills while Cogs was in long black tights and towards the end didn't look like he was moving 100% freely. He also participated as instructor in one of the drills (training for future captain?). Joel spent time on the boundary too to write stuff on a whiteboard but he looked fine. Chaffey did all the drills for the first time and there was a ring-in (#45) who also joined in training but I didn't know who it was.

Training today focussed alot on rebounding as a team and linking up through handball receives (player after a mark playing on immediately dishing out a handball to a teammate sprinting past).

The first drill though was a standard mark and kick one. Four groups, one at each corner of the scentre square and passing to one another. Cleanly done as it should of been.

They squad then split into two, one at each end of the ground, to work on crumbing near goal. At the station (Sherrin Stand) end of the ground Cogs was instructing the boys and would kick a ball high to a 1-on-1 contest about 20-25m out from goal and one player would tap the ball down towards another 1-on-1 pairing where the attacker would need to read the ball, collect then run and snap at goal. Pretty well done with Tucky the standout. The media guys behind were chatting away about Browny while this was going on and just as one asked if the others reckoned Browny would be ready for round 1, Browny grabs the ball off the contest spins around on his left and snags a sausage roll. The reply to the question was then "Geez he's f****** good!" lol.

The next drill was a full ground rebounding/handball receiving task. Spread out in a diamond, the ball would be moved around the ground anti-clockwise in groups of three against one opponent in a red singlet. The incoming kick would go to a yellow leading in front of the red and from there he would switch play with a pass towards two free teammates with one marking then handballing to other running past. Once again despite an occasional missed target it was done fairly cleanly. I was watching Krakouer pretty closely in this drill thinking back to the Krak thread and I couldn't fault his running or deliverly. Rodan was also very active in these full ground drills. Hyde and Chaffey were moving freely.

This task was followed by one where a whole swarm of players through the midfield would spread out and call for the ball. Once the ball was marked on a lead, the marker has to dish a handball off to a teammate running past who would then pass forward. Very vocal drill which was good to hear and the boys looked on song with their passes. Saw Tambo, Browny and Sugarr pinpoint passes respectively through an eye of a needle to the teammate they were aiming for.

The final drill was goalkicking on the run. Three groups, one on each flank and at CHF. One guy  would collect the ball then dish off a handball to a teammate sprinting towards goal and firing. Overall not bad but IMO our goalkicking still could be better especially when you consider the new kick in rule could mean kicing points could cost you goals against. Wheadon yelled out to all of them to make sure their planted foot is pointing directly towards the centre of the goals so they aren't kicking across or outside their body :thumbsup. Jacko was getting praise from the boys.

And that was that. A few of the boys remained behind to do some set-shot goalkicking while others like Jacko and Tambo worked on leading out from goal. I noticed Hughes was doing the Lloyd thing of chucking up a bit of grass before having his shot on goal. It went straight through the centre so I don't care if a Tiger does it lol. Lids had a couple of pings from the boundary again.Pettifer kicked one that hit the roof of the stand (which resulted in the usual expletive whenever he misses ;D) but luckily the spin of the ball bounced it back into the ground.

Photos to come.

Moi

« Reply #148 on: February 14, 2006, 04:32:06 PM »
Jacko was getting praise from the boys.
Where do you reckon he'll play this year?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #149 on: February 14, 2006, 04:56:14 PM »
Jacko was getting praise from the boys.
Where do you reckon he'll play this year?

Terry told the media guys before training that we still haven't found Jacko's best position. He's played half-back, wing and in the last couple of weeks up forward where he kicked 3 goals in the intra-club game.

I always thought he'd play in defence then as he matured push into a midfield role but he's doing alot of forward work now. He was practising his leading after training. I can't see him returning to half-back as we have plenty of running half-back options who have better disposal and can pick out better options. It's either wing, HFF or forward pocket.