Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 906404 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #300 on: December 26, 2006, 05:44:52 PM »
Welcome back X. Yep never a dull moment at Tigerland  :-\. After all the positive buzz with the new draftess and record membership at this stage I don't reckon the Club will be all too happy at the minute.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Jackstar

« Reply #301 on: December 26, 2006, 07:51:49 PM »
There not ! :(

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #302 on: January 10, 2007, 12:04:13 PM »
I just got back from a scorching  :P Punt Rd Oval. Training began at 9.30am and went for about an hour and a half.

Off the top of my head most of the squad was present although I'll have to recheck my photos as I don't recall Foley, Tucky or Meyer. The rehab group consisted of Cogs, Hyde, JON, Knobel and Petersen. Hartigan was also with them . Knobel and Cogs were doing kick to kick while Hyde, Petersen and JON did 100m and boundary runs. First time I've seen JON do some running this preseason so hopefully his shin splint problem is on the mend although he was still wearing that brace around his lower leg.  Richo only joined in on the running. It was good to see Newy and Thursty do the whole session with the main squad.

Krak was there by the way and had a good session. No visible signs of any mental distraction that detracted from his training. Newy put his arm around him at one stage as they were coming back onto the ground after they had gone off to change from boots to runners but then again it was probably me noticing something that was nothing. 

Given the cricket pitch in the middle of the ground there was no practice match. Just mainly foot passing drills whereby the squad would split in to four smaller groups and run, pass and mark to each other. I was chatting to another Tiger supporter so wasn't paying heavy attention but it looked clean and crisply done. The boys as did some short passing where you have have someone in the middle of two groups to simulate a short option. Once again cleanly done and lots of talk and enthusiasm which was good to see especially in the heat.

The session was finished with some pacey 200m runs. Basically 30 secs to run it then 30 secs rest. From memory there were 10-15 repetitions. The whole group did the first half dozen or so then about half pulled out (Polo, Krak, Blingers were in that group) and stretched while encouraging the remaining others. Jacko, Casserly and Tivs were in the front  group so I noticed them the most. Jacko was the quickest. Did one run in 29secs and with Cass no too far behind they left poor Tivs in his wake. The very next run David King was pushing Cass and Cass finished level with Jacko. Most of the squad did the 200m in 30-31 secs each time. Terry gave Gas some praise when he lead his threesome.

That was about it. They all looked totally buggered by the end not surprisingly. Browny, Newy and Graham stayed  on the ground to do some extra work. Browny practiced his marking on the lead with one of coaches putting on some minor pressure. He then joined the others for some reflex marking work.           

Photos to come later tonight when I get home. Certain OER perverts lol would have enjoyed today. 
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 12:57:46 PM by mightytiges »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #303 on: January 10, 2007, 09:12:16 PM »
Some pics from today's training.....

Thumbnails: (Click to enlarge)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #304 on: January 10, 2007, 09:13:58 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #305 on: January 10, 2007, 09:15:30 PM »

Ramps

« Reply #306 on: January 10, 2007, 09:35:22 PM »
Is plough gonna run them through a session tomorrow?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #307 on: January 10, 2007, 09:58:15 PM »
Is plough gonna run them through a session tomorrow?

Next session Ramps is on Friday, 9.30am at Punt Rd.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #308 on: January 10, 2007, 10:55:04 PM »
Someone should have yelled out to Simmo to take his shirt off.  Do they need anyone to help put sunscreen on themselves?

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #309 on: January 10, 2007, 10:59:37 PM »
Nurse Stephanie is here, need any help with rehab boys?  ;D
Let Stephanie take care of you and everything will be fine  :whistle
On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #310 on: January 10, 2007, 11:07:02 PM »
She says (pushing Stephanie out of the way):  "I've got a Diploma in Swedish & Therapeutic Massage!"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #311 on: January 10, 2007, 11:16:49 PM »
You could have asked Richo yourself today Julz if you didn't live interstate. He was right by us for a little while and said hello  ;).

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #312 on: January 15, 2007, 05:50:18 PM »
Training today was at Gosh's Paddock (next to where the Storm use to train) and went for nearly 2 hours. The whole list was present with Hyde, JON, Cogs and Collins in the rehab group when I first arrived. They were later on joined by Petersen, Edwards, Connors, Thursty and Riewoldt (The latter two did most of the session with the main squad). The rehab group did mostly running with Hyde and Cogs doing agility and change of direction drills around hats towards the end. Chaffey had come down to watch and was talking to a trainer.

Gosh's Paddock has no cricket wicket so the boys did a few session of game based drills. In the first drill the squad was split into whites and red singlets with forward set-ups at each end while two rotating groups of midfielders would practice winning the ball from contests (ball-ups/ throws-ins) and delivering it to their respective forwards. Most impressive IMO were Meyer (exquisite foot skills) and Blingers (sheer pace). Both will slice open oppositions this year if they get enough of the footy. Interesting was seeing Simmo, Patto, Thursty and Schulz all playing in defence at once initially and they performed well. Under Tezza even the big blokes are expected to run and carry.

The next drill was setting up an a attack from half-back. Most of the squad all huddled on the far half-back flank while one forward set-up remained around the goals near us. Rawlings was the coach in charge of instructing and changing the forward set-ups telling guys to go high or stay close to the goalsquare. From the huddled group a handful against a few red singlets would work the footy to the forwards. Kingsley latched onto the first couple of pinpoint passes with Richo whether by plan or by accident being a decoy.   

A couple of the forward set-ups were (from memory):

1)  Richo-Polak, Kingsley-Gas, Schulz-McGuane, Browny-Moore, Petts-Raines. Initially the big guys were in the goal sqaure with the smalls 20m in front. Rawlings then pushed Richo out to the 50 on his own with the others back. This is the drill when Schulz did his hammy.

2)  Patto-McGaune, Riewoldt-(I think it was Moore?) ,Petts-Raines with Joel loose man in defence. Petts and Raines were getting quite frisky with each other at times lol.

The final drill was just a non stop run and carry drill back and forth between half-back lines. It got a touch monotonous watching it and I think some of the boys were getting a bit tired by then as Rawlings told then to keep their talk up at a high level. The vast majority of it was clean both by hand and foot with good support from everybody. The only occasional stuff up occurred when someone tried to optimistically take a opponent on and got caught unable to break the tackle.

And that was it. About half the squad stayed behind as I left to do some extra work on goalkicking and passing (mostly the younger guys). Sorry no photos as I didn't have my camera today.

Some individual notes:

Newy - Did the whole session and when they had the game set-ups going he played in his usual possie across half-back. Got a bit of the footy too. I didn't notice as restrictions from his healed broken leg. Hopefully with some luck he'll have a better time of it then Browny did last year.

Gas - his field kicking was again surprisingly good over distance.

Rainesy - I though it was probably his best session this preseason. Seems now he's catching up to the others after the delay from the IR series.   

Simmo - Injured ankle.

Riewoldt - fitting into our structure extremely well for a first year player. I can see why Miller said he sees him playing 12 senior games or so this year.

Graham - did alot of the ruckwork against Knobs.

Knobel - did the whole session.

Meyer - based on today he'll definitely be in our best 22. Initially started at FF in the first drill and took a couple of marks on the lead. Then moved into the middle for the ball-ups and first contest hit Browny leading on the chest.

Patto - I think some people will be surprised by his mobility this year. Rawlings praised him for using his head when he took a mark tight on the boundary line and then spotted Browny infield.

Tambo - just burns everyone else off. When he gets goal side of his opponent it's goodnight with the coaches getting all excited telling Blingers to kick the goal even when he's still 60-70m out because they know no one will catch him.

White - good again today. I'm still not use to the mop on his head after last year's shaved noggin. Confuse him with Jacko at times.

McGuane - did some nice defensive work today reading the play and picking off any errant passes.

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #313 on: January 15, 2007, 07:26:41 PM »
thanks for the report MT  good to get some indepth info  :thumbsup
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #314 on: January 15, 2007, 08:32:27 PM »
Sorry no photos as I didn't have my camera today.
That's just not good enough, shame on you, you've let the team down :P

Petts and Raines were getting quite frisky with each other at times lol.
Oh, if only I could trade places with Petts :pray
On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!