Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 906408 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #435 on: February 22, 2007, 01:07:57 PM »
Cheers guys   :cheers.

I love Tucky's "I'm not a ruckman" expression on his face  ;D. Also keep your head up Petts.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #436 on: February 22, 2007, 01:10:39 PM »
MT - in the photo with Johnson with the ball, what exactly are they doing in the drill?
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #437 on: February 22, 2007, 01:39:31 PM »
MT - in the photo with Johnson with the ball, what exactly are they doing in the drill?

A group of 3 or 4 so players needed to run and work the ball by hand from one side to the other while others tried to stop them. When they started handballing just that touch longer to players on the move the skill level rose to a decent quality level and no balls hitting the ground. No more short 1m nothing handballs. 

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #438 on: February 22, 2007, 04:57:18 PM »
Great pics and report MT! Did you work for the CIA or something. Your attention to detail is outstanding. I reckon you could get a job with the club spying and reporting on opposition training and tactics.  8) Shhhh secret squirrel.  :lol

Lids physique reminds me of Bruce Lee in his prime. All toned muscle and not an ounce of fat on him.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #439 on: February 22, 2007, 05:32:55 PM »
Great pics and report MT! Did you work for the CIA or something. Your attention to detail is outstanding. I reckon you could get a job with the club spying and reporting on opposition training and tactics.  8) Shhhh secret squirrel.  :lol

;D

Lids physique reminds me of Bruce Lee in his prime. All toned muscle and not an ounce of fat on him.

If we hear a Tigers fan yell out "go dragon" we'll know it's you tiga lol.

http://www.import-racing.org/pics/bruce%20lee/bruce%20lee3.jpg

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #440 on: February 22, 2007, 05:33:59 PM »
No way, tiga.  ;) Then he'd have to watch teams other than the one he wants to. His report on Collingwood would consist of two words - deluded duds.  ;D
Better just keep watching the tiges and reporting here.  :)
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #441 on: February 22, 2007, 05:45:13 PM »
His report on Collingwood would consist of two words - deluded duds.  ;D

I can think of a few others too  :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #442 on: February 23, 2007, 07:24:15 AM »
Training today is on at 2pm at Punt Rd Oval.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #443 on: February 23, 2007, 04:22:44 PM »
Just got back from training at Punt Rd. A short session today that went for just on an hour 2-3pm. The only absentees today were Kingsley, Razor, Petersen and Cogs.  Knobel, Patto and Graham worked on their tapwork while Simmo was doing so kick to kick. Patto also did some running. Schulz did the whole session again so we must be just being cautious with him so he doesn't do another hammy. Thursty and Hyde also got through the whole session.

The session began with a full length of the ground circle work thanks to the pitch in the centre of Punt Rd. Basically running, carrying, handballing and passing the footy around. Good talk an enthusiasm from the boys and cleanly done as well.

Next up was goalkicking on the run after receiving a handpass. The drill began with 3 misses in the dozen shots or so, so Plough stopped the drill and told them to stop trying to be too fancy and getting off-balance. Just run at the goals. Most went through and Thursty and White both hit the Motorola sign in the middle of the goals near the top. I still think the team's goalkicking accuracy needs to improve and be more consistent though.

And that was it. Some of the squad - Richo, Browny, Petts, Cleve, McGuane, Polo, Tuck, Jacko, White, Krak and a few others I've forgotten worked on their set shots at goal. Riewoldt worked with the coaches on his leading and then re-leading. Made him run to one wing then run back to the staff in the middle of the oval then run up the centre then back and then across to the other wing where he marked the ball on the lead.

While all this was going on it seemed our backline for Sunday was in heavy discussion. Joel, Polak, Gas, Rainesy, Lids, Newy, Moore and Cleve were in a huddle for quite a while together chatting away.   

Wallace was interviewed by a couple of female journos from the Herald-Sun. They asked him about Browny, Polak and either Newy or Thursty. With the one of the later (I think Wallace meant Thursty) Plough said he's on track for round 1 provided everything continues to go right and at the moment he's done mostly straight line running stuff so he still needs to get through more twisting and turning work to be sure. Plough also said although we'll be aiming to win, the main aim for us in the NAB Cup was to focus on getting our structures right for the season as it's a long 12 months.

Photos to come (although only a couple as the session was short).
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 04:52:55 AM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #444 on: February 24, 2007, 04:29:52 AM »
Just checked my photos and JON was at training today.

Thumbnails: (Click to enlarge)

Collins, Harts, Foles, Polly, Rainesy, Hyde, Jack and Thursty // Graham, Knobel and Patto practice their ruckwork

Gas, Tuck and Jacko during the running goalkicking drill // The squad come together after the drill

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #445 on: February 24, 2007, 04:34:13 AM »
Thumbnails: (Click to enlarge)

Browny and Richo contest for the footy // Our backline for Sunday in a huddle

Tambo puts it through the eye-diddle-diddle at the motorola sign hanging b/w the goals // The squad walking off at the finish

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #446 on: February 26, 2007, 05:07:59 PM »
This week's training sessions:

Tuesday, February 27, 10am at Punt Road Oval
Wednesday, February 28, 2pm at Gosch’s Paddock

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #447 on: February 27, 2007, 01:08:16 PM »
Just got back from training. Not a long session compared to others previously. About an hour and a half's worth. Everyone was present apart from Cogs although the rehab group was almost as large as the actual squad.  About 15 in it at one stage IIRC - Richo, Simmo, Paddy, Kingsley, Gas, Edwards, Joel, Knobel, Sugar, Hall, Patto, Krak, Petersen, JON and Thursty - and all they did was muck around with the footy and tennis ball for most of session. Everyone seemed in good spirits still. I didn't notice Plough or David King there today either.

For the rest they focussed on foot skills and passing for about an hour.... no surprise after Sunday's effort although the kicker was under no pressure. The squad split into four groups in a diamond shape and passed the footy clockwise and then anticlockwise both short passing (20-25m) and longer (40m). In between the drill they were made a couple of times to run from one goal to the other. I think it may have been punishment if someone stuffed up their pass although Polak missed a target once and they kept going. Overall it was cleanly done with only 3 missed targets but as I said the kicker and the receiver were under no pressure.

Next up the squad was split into two groups for a best of 5 foot passing race from one goal to the other and back again. Each group had a couple of players at each goal and at HF and HB lines. I'll need to check my photos to see who was in each group exactly but the group with Tambo, Riewoldt and Tivs lost 2-3 after leading 2-0. The disposal was clean apart from one mistake. The losing team had to do 30 push-ups and 50 sit-ups in front of the winners.   

After the race the boys did some set shot goalkicking. Pretty much followed on from the weekend's accuracy which was good to see. Then Royal told them to get into their T@FE groups which for the main squad was practising kicking goals from stoppages (ball-ups and throw-ins) inside forward 50. The rest watched Schulz, Jacko, McGuane, Rainesy, Clever and JON practice their speccies over a bag. Also, as mentioned in another thread, Rawlings worked with them on what is and isn't allowed with the new rule interpretations.

The players as a whole finished off training with a few having shots at goal with everyone else on either side on them. Lots of woohoos with each goal kicked.

One of the tv news services (might have been Ch 10) was at training filming so there might be something on us on one of the news services tonight. Mark Robinson from the Herald-Sun was also watching with one of RFC officials and had a quick chat with Browny afterwards.

Photos to come later tonight.

Online torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #448 on: February 27, 2007, 02:48:05 PM »
we need to train in pressure situations !

and to carry the ball into the forward line ...

and our forwards not to lead outside the 50 metre mark !

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #449 on: February 27, 2007, 04:28:19 PM »
we need to train in pressure situations !

and to carry the ball into the forward line ...

and our forwards not to lead outside the 50 metre mark !

They do the latter two at training most times even if they forget to do them during a game  ::) but I agree with your first point torch. There's a difference between having 5 seconds to make up your mind and hit a target to a real game scenario where you often have just a split second.