Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 916418 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #480 on: March 14, 2007, 05:45:00 PM »
Training today was at Gosch's paddock. It was meant to start at 2pm but the boys were held back in a meeting back at Punt Road for another 50mins. Once underway it went for about an hour and 15 minutes.

Absentees were Simmo, Kingsley, Razor and Cogs. I don't remember seeing Knobel either but I might have missed him. Richo, Thursty and Casserly were doing runs along the boundary in the rehab group. Thursty is apparently returning from a groin strain. Cass pulled up for a short while and the trainer asked him if he was okay. He said he was and he joined in again with Richo and Thursty.

Lids, Rainesy and Connors have cropped their locks with a no. 1.

A mixture of things today as far as drills went.

1. Handballing under pressure. The squad would split into two rows facing each other about 30m apart and in between a small group had to work the ball from side to the other by hand  as others with bags tried to block and force errors.

2. The usual mark, handball give/receive and kick drill between 4 groups on each corner of the square. The boys seemed to be more focussed with their kicking today. You could notice them steady themselves more before kicking. 

3. Non-stop rebounding from one goal to the other through the corridor and back again.

4. Attack from defence and goal. A mixture of rebounding, run and carry and hitting targets inside 50. The squad was split and paired into two teams. One attacking (non-pads) and one defending (padded shirts). Patto and Graham with start the drill with a ruck contest deep in defence and the attacking side would have to work the ball towards the goal at the other end. If the padded shirts scored a turnover then they would then go on the attack.

5. Running and set shot goalkicking.

Overall it was one of the better sessions and everyone was in good spirits. The skill level on the whole was better which probably isn't saying much giving last Saturday but it was. In saying that we still need a lot more improvement polishing our skills but at least the ball was kept moving forward and their was flow to our movement of the footy rather than stop start.

Overhead a trainer say they couldn't care less about preseason scoreboard results as we don't want anymore injuries before round 1.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Moi

« Reply #481 on: March 14, 2007, 09:29:30 PM »
Any pics of our Romper Stomper kids?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #482 on: March 15, 2007, 03:24:21 AM »
Thumbnails: (Click to enlarge)

Handballing under pressure drill

The whole squad

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #483 on: March 15, 2007, 03:25:49 AM »

Browny and Lids 1-on-1

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #484 on: March 15, 2007, 03:01:23 PM »
Great pics and report. Thanks.
Who had the upper hand? Lids or Browny? 8)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #485 on: March 15, 2007, 06:49:24 PM »
Great pics and report. Thanks.
Who had the upper hand? Lids or Browny? 8)

Cheers Magic. Lids probably had the edge most of the time but whenever Browny won a tussle, Plough and David King would have go at Lids about losing to a bloke 2 inches shorter to egg him on. Plough would also tease Browny about giving away free kicks.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #486 on: March 16, 2007, 07:50:57 PM »
Ta MT.
I thought Lids would have the upper hand.
Might be a different result if Lids was minding Browny on a HBF.

Good matchup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #487 on: March 19, 2007, 02:41:16 PM »
Training times this week for those interested ....

Wednesday, March 21 2pm     Punt Road Oval
Friday, March 23         1pm     Gosch’s Paddock

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #488 on: March 20, 2007, 10:47:12 PM »

4 more training sessions until Carlton ...

it is like the new year is soon !

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #489 on: March 21, 2007, 04:13:22 PM »
Just got back from a sunny Punt Rd Oval. A light session today that went for about an hour 2-3pm. The only absentees I noticed were Cogs obviously and Connors.

In rehab was Simmo, Knobel, Thursty, Razor, Kingsley (with a brace boot around his right ankle), Petersen and Browny. Browny was probably just having a rest today.

Harts, Newy and Schulz went off early. I'm hoping Sarge is okay but he left with a trainer halfway through a drill after a few stretches. I'm hoping it's not a groin  :-\.

Richo and Casserly were back in full training.

Not much to report in terms of the drills done as they were the standard running, passing and marking ones plus goalkicking practice done in the past few weeks.

What I would say is the foot skills were on the whole on song today as they should under no physical pressure. Kicks went to the advantage side of the receiver. The only times the drill lost momentum was when a Tiger lost concentration and dropped a simple mark which happened a couple of times. 

Petts, Krak, White and Collins worked on their crumbing goals.

Polak joined Patto and Graham in ruck practice. Maybe a prelude to what we will do round 1.

Francis Jackson said he hopes Tas makes it and sticks it up a few people in years to come as not one club even offered him an invitation to a screening training session. Petersen has added some muscle but still a long way off before he plays.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #490 on: March 22, 2007, 05:06:20 AM »

Rehab group // Close up of Kingsley's ankle/foot brace

Skinheads United - Lids and Clever // Richo joins in full training

Wednesday's squad

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #491 on: March 22, 2007, 01:40:39 PM »
Thanks for the pics & reports again. 8)

I know it's been said many times already this pre-season but in that squad pic, Foley is looking magnificently fit.
The guy looks like a mini Hulk!

Hopefully his obvious hard work off the field transcends to success on it.

Moi

« Reply #492 on: March 22, 2007, 05:21:59 PM »
This is an amazing thread, MT
Started off so well by WP and then MT took over and has just been sensational.
To get as many words out of a session of kick-to-kick is mind boggling lol, but you never let us down  :bow
I saw the criticism and I'm gobsmacked to be hearing it come from someone who rarely attends a game let alone a training session  :wallywink
I'm very appreciative and I'm sure many others are as well at your highly "original" and fantastic reports.
 :clapping

The nerve  ;)

:rollin

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #493 on: March 22, 2007, 05:54:01 PM »
"To get as many words out of a session of kick-to-kick is mind boggling lol"  :rollin

Thanks for the kind words Moi  :cheers. You've got to laugh at some sad people's wild imagination, insecurity and jealousy :sleep. Anyway moving right along and back on topic  :shh. We couldn't care less :yawn.

Tomorrow the Club is having a intra-club scratch match at Gosch's paddock at 1pm so a good time to come down and watch if anyone is free and interested.

Moi

« Reply #494 on: March 22, 2007, 05:57:29 PM »
Keep it up MT.  Anyone can see it's a labour of love and not a game of oneupmanship, as I'm sure it isn't for the other bloke who does them as well.
The ppl on his site appreciate what he does, and I'm sure ppl here do as well if someone can fill them in with news they haven't heard before.
But for someone to criticise either him or you, you really need to have something better to come up with rather than taking cheap snipes at someone else's hard work.