Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 905966 times)

letsgetiton!

Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #495 on: March 22, 2007, 06:04:54 PM »
mt

i have read b/w the lines and have worked out what moi is on about

dont stress, your reports are the best by a mile, not that i read any others lol

but iirc, a certain top bloke who used to be called "df1on1"  :lol, got the ball rolling re/ training updates on another site.

must admit, "df1on1" is dearly missed , esp by a certain ppl  :rollin :rollin

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #496 on: March 22, 2007, 06:13:33 PM »
Appreciate the kind comments guys but seriously as we've said numerous times WP and I couldn't care less what is said/done elsewhere. We only care about OER :thumbsup. Let's talk about the footy. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Moi

« Reply #497 on: March 22, 2007, 06:16:29 PM »
Appreciate the kind comments guys but seriously as we've said numerous times WP and I couldn't care less what is said/done elsewhere. We only care about OER :thumbsup. Let's talk about the footy. 
Well where is today's training report hmmm??
Pathetic effort, MT  :rollin

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #498 on: March 22, 2007, 06:18:15 PM »

:lol

letsgetiton!

« Reply #499 on: March 22, 2007, 06:57:55 PM »

moi knows what i mean
 :thumbsup

« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 08:29:17 PM by X-CITED »

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #500 on: March 23, 2007, 12:03:38 AM »
edit

When's the next training session on. 

Tomorrow I think I read?  Anyone heading down for a look?

« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 11:56:18 AM by tigersalive »
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #501 on: March 23, 2007, 04:40:09 PM »
A hot and bloody windy day today. More like blowing a gale actually at Gosch's paddock :P. Despite needing to do a detour with all the turmoil due to the tragic tunnel accident :( I got there on time.

A few absentees today. No Browny which may get a few tongues wagging again. No Simmo, Knobel, Kingsley, Hall, Tuck, Schulz, JON, Harts, Thursty, Cass or Connors. I hope Sarge isn't injured again after Wednesday  :scream.

Meyer wasn't allowed to be involved in any contact drills today so he's carrying something as well  :(. He did one of the rebounding drills and then some marking and kicking with the fitness coordinator. During which all the fitness coordinators notes were blown out of his clipboard folder and across Gosch's paddock. Thankfully every sheet of paper was found and retrieved.

Jack Riewoldt left half way through the scratch match but I didn't notice anything wrong and he was running back to Punt Rd.

The session began with the handballing under pressure drill they've done before whereby the squad would plit into two facing each other and in groups of about 4, each group had to handball their way to the other side avoiding tacklers wearing padded tops. This way followed by the usual run, mark and pass drill around the centre square. Skill level was fairly decent given the conditions.

The final drill before the scratch match was a full ground rebound into attack and goal drill.   The squad was split into 2 two teams of whites vs yellows. Rawlings would start the drill from one goalsquare to a player just inside defensive 50. Then that team has to work their way towards goal. One down the other end the teams would swap attacking and defensive roles then they would rest while the other two teams did the same thing if that makes sense. I kept count of turnovers today as the drill was stopped whenever there was turnover. Plough and the coaching staff must be reading OER  ;D. The drill was done about 20 times or so and there were 9 turnovers  :-\ although maybe we can forgive them today with the gale blowing. Richo had 2 (dropped mark and a hail mary kick), Patto (holding the ball), Petts (dropped mark. He then pumped the ball at goal in disgust lol), Meyer (a bit stiff as I thought the defender gave away a free taking away the arms). Paddy, Jacko and Howat  passes were intercepted. Moore's pass looked good but then the breeze came up and took ball way over a teammates head for a point.

One other time Howat ran into an open goal and not one player from the other team chased him. So Plough went crook as the drill was about working hard both ways. He made them defend again straight way. Edwards got told off around the start of the drill by David King for not leading hard enough. Good on Shane for lifting his workrate  for the rest of the drill.

The session finished with a roughly 10min 4 quarter scratch match b/w whites and yellows. Yellows started well early in the first quarter but after that the whites were the more dominant team mainly due to having tall options up forward.

Best

Tambo (B.O.G.) - It was only a fairly open scratch match but Blingers brought his A-game today. He was everywhere and his workrate was first class. One minute he'd be in a contests on one wing and then as his team swtiched the play to the other side you'd see him in space on the opposite wing receiving the footy. He also took mark of the year when running back he leaped straight up on Howat(?)'s shoulders. Just couldn't quite hold on. The most pleasing part of that was that he landed like a cat back on his feet and won the footy on the ground in the next contest  :clapping. Another Blingers highlight was him seeing Richo falling off the back of the defence as he was running off half-back. Let rip with a 70m torp with the breeze right over the defensive line and down Richo's throat who kicked a goal.

Richo - hammy what hammy. A few times when he had to stetch for the mark you crossed your fingers but the big fella got through fine. Kicked 3 goals and was ever present with his workrate.

Polo - Another good solid display by Marco working hard with and without the footy working up and down the ground. Only blight was he should have kicked the set shot he missed.

Howat - Was prominant especially in the first half. Probably on par with Blingers as best on ground in the first half. Got plenty of the footy.

Foley and Lids - solid games again. Nice awareness from Lids when he was surrounded  yet was able to dodge and weave to stay clear for long enough to then pass back to a open teammate. Lids played forward in the first half then in the guts for the rest of the game. Foley got a fair bit of it as well.

Moore - Didn't get much of the footy but kept Petts quiet.

Hyde - did fairly well. Looked like he was playing at CHF for the yellows. Better in the first half.

Graham and Patto - Fairly even and good contest in the ruck from what I saw.

Polak - Solid. Played CHF in the first half and presented well. Had a chance to kick 2 goals but missed both 40m set shots. He moved around a bit in the second half.

Both Edwards and Collins did some nice cameos playing on each other.

Scores

Whites:   2.2   3.4   5.5    6.7-43
Yellows:  2.0   2.0   3.0    3.2-20

Scorers

Whites:
Goals: Richo 3, Polo, Paddy, McGuane (assist from Paddy)
Behinds: Polak 2, Paddy, Lids, Krak, Polo, rushed.

Yellows:
Goals: Jackson, Edwards, Howat
Behinds: Hyde, Gas
OOTF: Riewoldt (quick snap off balance)

Match-ups

Yellows forwards:   Riewoldt     Jackson      Hyde (CHF)
Whites backmen:     Hughes     White/King   King/McGuane

Yellows mids:  Graham   Edwards   Tivs    Foley        Howat    Clingan
Whites mids:   Pattison    Collins   White  Polo/Krak    Sugar     Tambo

In the 2nd half the centre bounce line ups were (with plenty of rotations):
Yellows: Graham, Howat, Foley, Tivs
Whites: Patto, Lids, Tambo, Sugar

Yellows backmen:  Gas      Joel             Raines   Moore   Newy
White forwards:    Richo  Polak/Hughes    Lids     Petts    Paddy

Sorry no photos today as I didn't have my camera with me.

Moi

« Reply #502 on: March 23, 2007, 04:43:36 PM »
Richo - hammy what hammy. A few times when he had to stetch for the mark you crossed your fingers but the big fella got through fine. Kicked 3 goals and was ever present with his workrate.

Good news  :thumbsup

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #503 on: March 23, 2007, 05:30:15 PM »
Great report mt :clapping

Although out of a 40 minute game only scoring 3 goals is pretty bad.  :scream

Good news about Tambo.  :clapping

Perhaps all those who missed will play for Coburg tomorrow.  Possibility?
EAT EM ALIVE!

letsgetiton!

« Reply #504 on: March 23, 2007, 05:33:50 PM »
nice work mt

starting to get worried about brown though

i hope the tigers are not bs here  and are just resting him because his preseason started much earlier than everyone else.

schulz is a worry too, if he has another injury plagued yr, its time to cut our losses and trade him off or delist him

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #505 on: March 23, 2007, 06:22:24 PM »
Perhaps all those who missed will play for Coburg tomorrow.  Possibility?

WP mentioned that yeah JON, Casserly and Thursfield will play tomorrow.

It was blowing a gale today. Made kicking for goal very difficult. For instance Krak gathered the ball in a pocket and centred a high ball (not sure if he was going for goal). There were 3 yellows waiting underneath for it to come down. Polo was the only white about 20m away but you could see him going "I'm not going to get to this", "I'm not going to get to this", "I'm not going to get this", "oh got it!"  ;D.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #506 on: March 23, 2007, 06:24:56 PM »
nice work mt

i hope the tigers are not bs here  and are just resting him because his preseason started much earlier than everyone else.

schulz is a worry too, if he has another injury plagued yr, its time to cut our losses and trade him off or delist him

No sure about Browny X myself but the way Sarge was testing himself out before heading into the rooms on Wednesday with a trainer I reckon he might have hurt himself again (either a quad or groin by the way he was stretching and trying it out). It didn't look planned that's for sure.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #507 on: March 24, 2007, 04:14:28 AM »
From the Herald-Sun

Wallace said a handful of senior players including Nathan Brown, Jay Schulz, Shane Tuck, Trent Knobel, Troy Simmonds and Will Thursfield did not complete yesterday's main session.

But those players will do a double-up session today. Wallace said Brown's program included one week's rest every four weeks.

"Browny works through a program where about every four weeks he has virtually a week off his legs," Wallace said.

"We do that pretty regularly with him, and he started that on Wednesday, so he'll probably go until next Tuesday before he gets back on the track."

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,21436278%255E19742,00.html

On Sports Tonight last night, they asked the RFC about Browny and we said he's fine.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #508 on: March 24, 2007, 09:11:23 AM »
nice work mt

i hope the tigers are not bs here  and are just resting him because his preseason started much earlier than everyone else.

I thought you like Schulz X.  But I agree, anymore injuries and its ciao baby.

Online torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #509 on: March 28, 2007, 11:56:18 AM »

didn't we have training this morning ???