Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 906033 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #540 on: April 30, 2007, 12:22:43 PM »
Training times this week:

Wednesday, May 2      2pm     Punt Road Oval

Friday, May 4             2pm     Punt Road Oval

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #541 on: May 01, 2007, 03:25:19 PM »
Tomorrow's session has been changed to a close session. So either someone is having a fitness test (Browny?) or Terry might have something tactical up his sleeve given we are playing at the Dome.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #542 on: May 04, 2007, 04:07:24 PM »
Training today was at a sunny but breezy Punt Rd. The session went for roughly an hour.

Plenty of media folk at the ground packing up their stuff after Gas announced his retirement. As you can imagine there was lots of chatter amongst the crowd who turned up to watch training as a result with one oldish bloke wanting to know why we got rid of Kellaway.

Anyway I got there about 10 minutes into training and there was no sign of Gas. In the rehab group Browny and Knobel were handballing to each before heading inside to get on the bike: Peterson and Collins did some straight line runs as well as some running kick to kick with Simmo and a trainer. Simmo was rested today.

Absent were Gas, Polo, Paddy, Kingsley, Razor, Cogs, Patto, Krak, Tivs, Thursty, Cass, and Connors. Clingan and Harts came out for a look before heading back inside.

The named squad trained minus Gas but plus Jack  :thumbsup and Graham.

As it was a short session they didn't do much today but the first drill was interesting as there was emphasis on running hard in numbers to the flanks on the switch of play. I think Terry has woken up to the fact that we haven't done that or at least to the level required in the past. We would get the ball defensively in the corridor then kick to a free man running hard on the flank to keep the switch of play moving rather than getting bogged down.

For the rest of the session they did their usually run and carry cricle work and goalkicking practice. Even in the breezy conditions Clever didn't miss one shot  :bow.  It's still work in progress with Sarge although he wasn't fading them to the right like he did against the Eagles.

It looks like JON will be used in the midfield rotations. Royal took Graham, Simmo (to hold the bag lol), Sugar, Lids, Tambo, Rainesy, JON, Edwards, Howat and Tuck to the other end of Punt Rd oval and he and Sugar went through midfield set-ups with the younger guys.

That's pretty much it. Any questions fire away. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #543 on: May 06, 2007, 11:42:09 PM »
whats the point of training ???

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #544 on: May 07, 2007, 08:41:24 PM »
Training times this week:

Wednesday, May 9   2pm   Punt Road Oval

Friday, May 11  4pm     AAMI Stadium

whats the point of training ???
This week should be to get them to make up for the 2 hours of work they didn't do on Sunday  ::).

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #545 on: May 09, 2007, 05:30:24 PM »
Training today was at an overcast Punt Rd oval. The session went for rough 1.5 hours and included a one quarter scratch match. I missed the first bit of training so I'll only comment on what I saw.

Most of the list was in attendance which is probably the most we've had training together for 6 months before all the injuries kicked in during preseason training. In rehab were Browny, Harts, Schulz, Knobel, Simmo, Paddy, Cogs and Tambo. Peterson only did half the session and then did some running, kick to kick and goalkicking with Tambo. Collins and Sugar also only did half the session and Foley didn't participate in the scratch match. Browny and Harts also did laps. Hopefully a good sign that Browny's leg is finally showing some signs of improvement. Tambo has his shoulder strapped but didn't seem to limited in his movement. Basically didn't train with the main squad to avoid contact. He whacked it  a few times in front of the trainer and Sugar also gave it a tap so it doesn't sound as though it is too bad a shoulder. Schulz has his right thigh strapped all the way around. As far as the other rehabers went, Cogs did some bike work on the boundary line.   

Now onto the training. When I arrived the group were running around as one big group encouraging each other to be more vocal. Jack is the standout as he's the extrovert of the group. He never shuts up lol. During the whole session when it got a bit quiet the coaches would sing out that they wanted to hear some talk and then the noise levels rose again.

The group then split into two with each rotating during the drill whereby we were working on our movement of the footy from one end to the other including "hitting-up"  and out to the flanks to provide an option. One time no one made a definite lead out of about 6 1-on-1's and Wallace stopped the drill and brought them. A few loud "arghhhs" today after mistakes and Joel told a certain much maligned senior player who missed a open Matty White and kicked the ball out on the full that he has to be better than that  :shh

The scratch match went for about a 15min quarter between blacks and yellows. The Blacks won 4.1 to 1.1. Clever, Petts, Richo and Tivs kicked the goals for the blacks plus one rushed behind. Howat kicked the solitary goal for the yellows.

Standouts were Joel, Polo, Howat, Petts. 

I might have a couple on the wrong team but from memory it was something like the following:

Black backs:   Joel, Polak, Newy, Raines and Lids.
Yellow forwards:  Jack, Kingsley?, Meyer

Black mids:  Patto, Polo, Tivs, Hyde, JON, Cass, Clingan, King
Yellow mids: Graham, Connors, Tuck, Jacko, Krak, Howat, Edwards,

Black forwards:  Richo, Hughes, Petts
Yellow backs: McGuane, Thursty, Moore

After the scratch match they broke into smaller groups. Richo was practising his ruck technique: Meyer, Connors, Howat, White and Cleve were with McRae working on collecting the ball off the ground and repeating second, third, fourth efforts as well as doing it while bumping into a player (Danny with a pad). Another group with Newy, Tivs, Tuck, Edwards were with David King where two footys were placed side by side 80m out and they would have races to see who could kick a goal the fastest. The other groups were practising their crumbing goals at either end of the ground.

That was about it. Any questions just fire away.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #546 on: May 09, 2007, 07:37:42 PM »
.......open Matty White and kicked the ball out on the full that he has to be better than that  :shh

ok mt, who was it, was it sugar , tiv, krak....., no harm in letting us know.

if u dont wanna post it, pm me, i will keep it hush

letsgetiton!

« Reply #547 on: May 09, 2007, 07:52:41 PM »
Foley didn't participate in the scratch match.

hey mt, why did foley miss the scratch match, do you think its because he is our only midfielder having a dip thus was rested, or was there another reason?

also how did lids go, and how was his attitude?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #548 on: May 09, 2007, 09:23:24 PM »
Foley didn't participate in the scratch match.

hey mt, why did foley miss the scratch match, do you think its because he is our only midfielder having a dip thus was rested, or was there another reason?

also how did lids go, and how was his attitude?
I didn't notice anything wrong with him. He did the other drills both before and after the scratch match and stood and watched the game with Sugar and a trainer.

Lids started across HB, played a solid game and pushed forward to mark and kick a goal. The coaches were pushing him today. Not that he was doing anything wrong, they would just yell out "go Lids".

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #549 on: May 09, 2007, 09:28:20 PM »
.......open Matty White and kicked the ball out on the full that he has to be better than that  :shh

ok mt, who was it, was it sugar , tiv, krak....., no harm in letting us know.

if u dont wanna post it, pm me, i will keep it hush
Just say he isn't the captain and he's not indigenous  ;). Mind you he wasn't the only won who made a dumb mistake. Most turnovers were due to floating kicks to teammates that sat up and were spoiled.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #550 on: May 09, 2007, 10:51:42 PM »
I forgot to mention that a tallish kid (sorry I don't know his name) in Richmond training gear we had down at training today just kicking the ball around with some other kid was someone Francis Jackson pointed out while talking about junior footy with someone. I don't know if he is our NSW apprentice or maybe a kid we are interested in down the track. 

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #551 on: May 10, 2007, 12:50:24 AM »

After the scratch match they broke into smaller groups. Richo was practising his ruck technique: Meyer, Connors, Howat, White and Cleve were with McRae working on collecting the ball off the ground and repeating second, third, fourth efforts as well as doing it while bumping into a player (Danny with a pad). Another group with Newy, Tivs, Tuck, Edwards were with David King where two footys were placed side by side 80m out and they would have races to see who could kick a goal the fastest. The other groups were practising their crumbing goals at either end of the ground.

What are your thoughts on Brian Royal at this point MT.?

What role is he playing at training? It concerns me that our skill levels are still so ordinary. :-\

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #552 on: May 10, 2007, 05:01:20 AM »

Soft? ... not us: Tiger cubs Will Thursfield and Jack Riewoldt bare their claws at training yesterday. The Tigers have turned to spearhead Matthew Richardson to solve their ruck crisis against Port Adelaide at AAMI Stadium on Saturday. Picture: Norm Oorloff

10 May 2007   Herald-Sun
Gareth Trickey

The Tigers were in a bubbly and playful mood throughout a physical two-hour session.

Armstrong said the tight-knit group had rebounded from a sombre start to the week.

"What can you do? You can't run and hide," he said.

"You've got to come out and give a good account of yourself the next week.

"We've said to our guys the test will be how they react after last week."

Injured forward Nathan Brown (leg) looked sharp, joining Richard Tambling and skipper Kane Johnson for sprint drills.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,21703518%255E20322,00.html

letsgetiton!

« Reply #553 on: May 10, 2007, 07:28:52 AM »
thanx mt, and fingers crossed tivs does not get a call up, he has to earn his spot and so do all the players

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #554 on: May 10, 2007, 07:59:20 AM »
With our depleted ruck stocks, how did Simmo look?  And Knobel? Patto?  And do you think Kingsley will be playing for the seniors very soon?