Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 905871 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #4380 on: February 14, 2018, 09:23:59 PM »
There's an open training session this Saturday at Punt Rd.

Saturday, 17 February, 2018
Punt Road Oval, Richmond       
Approx 8:45am

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/season/training-times

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4381 on: February 18, 2018, 12:56:27 PM »
Intra-club report:

Tigers go head-to-head

richmondfc.com.au 
February 18, 2018

In a tightly contested hitout, Saturday morning's open training session featured match simulation.

With 12 Tigers missing due to AFLX commitments in Sydney, Richmond's AFL and VFL listed players fought it out at the Swinburne Centre in front of about 1000 members and fans.

Brandon Ellis kicked the first major for the day, before young Tiger Mabior Chol unleashed from the 50m mark and goaled, much to the delight of the Tiger Army.

Jack Riewoldt and Josh Caddy were also lively up forward, booting multiple goals each.

New Tiger Patrick Naish also got his name on the scoreboard, while Dustin Martin found plenty of the football.

Under the watchful eye of coach Craig McRae, Richmond's VFL-listed players battled tirelessly, including Steve Morris and Jake Aarts.

Photographer Cameron Grimes captured all the action.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-02-18/tigers-go-headtohead

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers take it up a notch with match practice (afl site)
« Reply #4383 on: February 18, 2018, 09:40:23 PM »
Tigers take it up a notch with match practice

afl.com.au
Feb 18, 2018

RICHMOND has ramped up preparations for its premiership defence with its biggest stars featuring in a competitive match simulation session with the VFL Tigers on Saturday.

While flag heroes Dan Butler, Jason Castagna and Nathan Broad were part of a 12-man squad that got their seasons started in Saturday night's AFLX tournament in Sydney, the majority of the list participated in the match play at Punt Road Oval.

Brownlow medallist Dustin Martin was a standout, with his long kicking and clean hands out of stoppages setting him apart in the first formal match simulation of the Tigers' pre-season.

As the Tigers contemplate their best forward structure, midfielder Josh Caddy was also excellent in attack, booting multiple goals and suggesting he could again be the perfect foil for star Jack Riewoldt after playing as a marking target last season.

Skipper Trent Cotchin and vice-captain Alex Rance also featured in the practice match, alongside premiership Tigers Bachar Houli, Brandon Ellis, Kane Lambert, Shaun Grigg, Dylan Grimes and Shane Edwards.   

Richmond's first pick in the 2017 NAB AFL Draft, Jack Higgins, travelled for the AFLX tournament, but fellow draftee Patrick Naish remained in Melbourne for the match play and hit the scoreboard.

With ruckman Shaun Hampson still battling a back injury that will sideline him for the start of the season, premiership big man Toby Nankervis and Ivan Soldo did battle in the ruck.

Small forward Daniel Rioli remains on a modified program as he races to be fit for the start of the season following foot surgery in the aftermath of last year's premiership.

The Tigers will travel to Wangaratta to launch their JLT Community Series against Essendon next Saturday before taking on North Melbourne at Ikon Park on March 7.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-02-18/tigers-take-it-up-a-notch-with-match-practice

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4384 on: February 19, 2018, 10:32:53 AM »
Hampson injured again? Is only hope was a full pre season and early seniors games.  Now he is less of a hope than ever which was probably none to start with.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4385 on: February 19, 2018, 11:41:17 AM »
I suspect he will be conveniently injured until his contract expires

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4386 on: February 19, 2018, 12:35:26 PM »
Jack kicked 7 goals in the intra-club ...

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2018-02-18/jack-kicks-seven

Jack Riewoldt looked razor sharp in Richmond’s intra-club hit-out at the Swinburne Centre’s Punt Road Oval last Saturday.

The star spearhead finished with a seven-goal haul in an impressive display against the Tigers’ VFL team.

It was vintage Jack, as he led out to take numerous marks on the lead, and then confidently drilled goals from a range of angles and distances.

At one stage, he also ‘rag-dolled’ veteran small defender Steven Morris (now a permanent member of Richmond’s VFL side), to take an emphatic grab, from which he kicked truly.

And there was a trademark left-foot set-shot six-pointer, too, following a clever mark on a tight angle.

It’s very early days, of course, but the signs are good that Riewoldt is set to add plenty to his AFL career goal tally of 537 in season 2018.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-02-19/jack-is-back

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #4387 on: March 05, 2018, 11:19:54 AM »
I went and had a look on Saturday.

Not a huge amount I could say. I'm not an especially trained eye. Skills looked sharp. I noticed that coaches were more pleased with defensive efforts- if a team could force a turn over etc..

I was opposite the grandstand & towards the end of the session a group of were contesting "down the line" style high balls.

I think it was Rance, Balta, Nankervis, Astbury & Soldo.

I tell you it was like watching big old bulls go at it. Especially Nankervis. I would hate to train against him, he just hits hard at every opportunity. Actively engages body contact. Rance was quiet similar.

I'm into this Balta guy. Managed to use his athleticism to win the ball. Nicely sized kid. Struggled when his opposition made heavy contact early.   

Detka! Detka! Detka!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4388 on: March 07, 2018, 03:09:42 PM »
I went and had a look on Saturday.

Not a huge amount I could say. I'm not an especially trained eye. Skills looked sharp. I noticed that coaches were more pleased with defensive efforts- if a team could force a turn over etc..

I was opposite the grandstand & towards the end of the session a group of were contesting "down the line" style high balls.

I think it was Rance, Balta, Nankervis, Astbury & Soldo.

I tell you it was like watching big old bulls go at it. Especially Nankervis. I would hate to train against him, he just hits hard at every opportunity. Actively engages body contact. Rance was quiet similar.

I'm into this Balta guy. Managed to use his athleticism to win the ball. Nicely sized kid. Struggled when his opposition made heavy contact early.
Cheers for the report, cranny. Top stuff!  :cheers

Yeah, it seems over the preseason we've been working on taking our defensive pressure to an even higher level. The down-the-line high ball training would be part of that. If would could improve our goalscoring efficiency per inside F50 entries off the back of our defensive turnovers then that would make us an even more lethal side.

I've liked the look of Balta too, cranny, from what I've seen of him. Getting a couple of preseasons into him should fix the latter issue.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4389 on: March 20, 2018, 03:50:03 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4390 on: March 20, 2018, 10:15:33 PM »
There's an open training session tomorrow morning at Punt Rd for those interested.

Wednesday, 21 March 2018
Swinburne Centre at Punt Road Oval, Richmond
Approx 10:00am

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4391 on: April 12, 2018, 02:10:09 PM »
There's an open to the public training session tomorrow morning for those interested in going:

Friday, 13 April 2018
Swinburne Centre at Punt Road Oval

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4392 on: April 19, 2018, 12:16:41 PM »
There will be an open to the public training session on Monday:

Monday, 23 April 2018

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4393 on: April 27, 2018, 01:59:50 PM »
There's an open training session at Punt Rd tomorrow morning for those interested:

Saturday, 28 April 2018

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4394 on: May 09, 2018, 02:08:57 PM »
Open training session this Saturday:

Saturday, 12 May 2018