Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 915595 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #690 on: August 06, 2007, 01:24:14 PM »
Training times this week:

Tuesday, August 7          2pm     Punt Road Oval

Thursday, August 9          2pm     Punt Road Oval

Tigermonk

« Reply #691 on: August 07, 2007, 03:18:38 PM »
save your energy going to training ya'll see it live on Friday Night 8.30pm channel 7

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #692 on: August 07, 2007, 03:56:01 PM »
save your energy going to training ya'll see it live on Friday Night 8.30pm channel 7

;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #693 on: August 07, 2007, 04:49:59 PM »
Not sure where Caro got her info last night on footy classified but there was no torrid training session today. Just probably a couple of drills with more intensity and pressure on the bloke with the footy but overall you're usual training with the assistant coaches taking different drills.

I'll post more soon.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #694 on: August 07, 2007, 05:00:48 PM »
For anybods interested.

2 and a dingbat watching training, and no I wasn't the dingbat  ???
Got there at 14:00 and sat in the cold wind for 30 minutes or so and watched half a dozen come out and stretch, play kick to kick.
Collins JON Schulz Peterson White Newman and Coughlan.

14:40  All come out a squad of 37.
Newman Tuck Johnson and McGaune stay out of main sessions and just handball drills.
Newman dissappeared sometime before 15:15, not to return while I was there.

Others split into three groups and Do various handball tackling drills under pressure.
One group lining up opposite each other.

The other 2 divided into orange/green and simulated handball drills.

Groups swapped around after 10 or so minutes.

Not bad a lot of loud talk.

15:15 Squad divided into 4 groups positioned on edge of square with 3 in the middle, where the middle group had to try and intercept while the outer groups passed.
Pulled out to the boundaries in the end with 7 in the middle.

15:20 Cogs had dissapeared but turned up again and hopped on a bike fro the rest of the time I was there.

Coaches got out the board and had, by the looks of it definite matchups they wanted.

Squad divided into 4 groups 2 Orange and 2 Richmond. 1 squad in the centre with Richo and Joel in the square at one end and Tambling and someone else the other (couldn't make it out as I was to far away), while the other squad did runthroughs. The squad in the middle did match simulation. Passing into the forwards at either end.

Funny thing was Joel was not tagging or trying to spoil Richo but leading for the mark, having a couple of shots at goal also ?

03:40 Had to get back to work as the group teamed of for some type of kick to kick.
Just as I was leaving Rawlings called in the forwards (usual suspects) but also called over Polak. Hmmmmm

Sorry couldn't srtay any longer, but that's what I saw.

Not quite an OER wrap, but I try my best  :whistle

Ohh - a few seemed to go up and give collins a pat at the start of the session.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #695 on: August 07, 2007, 05:07:07 PM »
Not sure where Caro got her info last night on footy classified but there was no torrid training session today. Just probably a couple of drills with more intensity and pressure on the bloke with the footy but overall you're usual training with the assistant coaches taking different drills.

I'll post more soon.

So u were there, thought maybe not with the amount of ppl there  :)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #696 on: August 07, 2007, 05:15:21 PM »
It was a overcast and windy day at Punt Rd. The session was meant to start at 2pm but didn't get underway until 2.40pm. Whitey, JON and Peterson came out first for some goalkicking with the ball swinging a fair way left to right. The first few shots were floaters so us by the fence near them were yelling out to kick low and through the ball. We spoke to one of the trainers prior to the sqaud coming out and he said you could cut the air with a knife inside the rooms so perhaps Plough leaves his blasts for behind closed doors.

In rehab today were Simmo, Newy, Sugar and McGaune. Mostly they did some handball with Sugar and McGuane doing some light running as well. Presumably all carrying something and having a light week. Simmo hurt his shoulder 2 weeks ago so that may explain why he was away from the main group.

Cogs was on the bike for a while on the boundary. They only other absentees were those on the injury list.

They main squad split in two first of all. Royal took one group for the drill where they roll the ball along the ground and the player who picks it up gets his arms up and free from the tackler and handballs away. The other group under King and Rawlings wore lime and orange tops and contested as teams playing keepings off via handball. A few nice tackles but everyone got through it without incident.

They then came together for the footpassing drills with players in the middle trying to put pressure on the kicker. Richo's first one went flying off the side of his boot lol. A couple of stray kicks which isn't a surprise but at least the kicking was done under some applied pressure rather than the no-pressure circle work which was too follow for the longer kicks and handball receiving.

Lids looked like he dislocated a finger on his left hand but was fine after some treatment from a trainer . 

Mark Robinson from the Herald-Sun was there watching training. A bloke I sometimes watch training with asked him if we had any chance this week. Robinson said nup, Collingwood plays with spirit.

The only naturally vocal Tiger is Jack. You can clearly hear his voice from the stands encouraging the group to be more vocal.

Any questions just fire away.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #697 on: August 07, 2007, 05:20:10 PM »
I was with our small group where by the end of training we have about 35 players going at the end of the year  :lol.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #698 on: August 07, 2007, 10:06:21 PM »
I was with our small group where by the end of training we have about 35 players going at the end of the year  :lol.

35 eh ???

I'm scared to ask who you've got staying ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline pattersonmiller

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #699 on: August 07, 2007, 10:13:15 PM »
So we belted each other at training. Tackled fiercly and pressured the ball carrier. Its looking up. 

:sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #700 on: August 07, 2007, 10:46:49 PM »
Funny thing was Joel was not tagging or trying to spoil Richo but leading for the mark, having a couple of shots at goal also ?

03:40 Had to get back to work as the group teamed of for some type of kick to kick.
Just as I was leaving Rawlings called in the forwards (usual suspects) but also called
over Polak. Hmmmmm
Polak FF and Richo FB = us accused of tanking  ;D

Not quite an OER wrap, but I try my best  :whistle
Great report CUB  :clapping  :bow

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #701 on: August 08, 2007, 12:44:16 AM »
I forgot to mention that the assistant coaches and especially David King were yelling out to the boys during one of the footpassing drills to be more daring and to take more risks. Sounds as though we'll go head to head with the Pies this week. 

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #702 on: August 08, 2007, 02:36:17 AM »

Tired Tiger: Jay Schulz and teammates were feeling the pain at yesterday's training session. Picture: Andrew Tauber

Wallace losing patience
08 August 2007   Herald Sun
Mark Robinson

RICHMOND coach Terry Wallace says he's not feeling the pressure, but unquestionably he's feeling the frustration.

One win and a draw from 18 games finally took its toll on the coach on Saturday, and it's believed several senior players were firmly in his sights post-match.

His anger has subsided somewhat as he prepares for Collingwood on Friday night, but, still, yesterday's training session wasn't a walk in the park.

It wasn't the gut-buster tipped, but testing nevertheless. Wallace allowed his assistants to run the program, while he moved among his players for one-on-one discussion.

Pained faces were mixed with plenty of enthusiasm, and only skipper Kane Johnson, Chris Newman and Troy Simmonds were spared the rigours. They didn't train.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22207464%255E20322,00.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #703 on: August 09, 2007, 04:05:45 PM »
Just goit back from training at a overcast Punt Rd Oval. A very short and light session that went from 2pm to about 2.40pm.

Present at training were the 22 from last week plus Patto, Hyde, Krak, Jacko and Moore. As mentioned in the changes this week thread Hyde was doing a fitness test after training. Moore was part of the backline group with Joel discussing things with Newy, Raines, Polak, Kingy, McGuane and Thursty.

Others there in rehab were Cogs, Collins, Tas (no moonboot) and Harts (with moonboot on right foot).

As far as training goes, expect a fairly open game tomorrow night with less handball. Today they were  kicking to each by foot then dishing one handball to a teammate running past at pace who would then footpass to someone leading up further up the ground. It might have taken until 4 week to go but the K.I.S.S. policy might come into force tomorrow night. The remainder of the session was goalkicking with Simmo, Patto and Gus working on ruckwork with Monkhurst.

Any questions just fire away.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #704 on: August 09, 2007, 07:46:00 PM »
There's been talk MT about Simmonds carrying a bit of a shoulder - any news there
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)