Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 906347 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #735 on: August 22, 2007, 08:25:33 PM »
if i had to delist 1 player out of ... Meyer, P Bowden or Jay ...

it will be P Bowden ...

I wouldn't be de-listing any of them until after trade time  ;)

Jay's contracted (I think) so as a de-listing he'd be safe

The other 2 out of contract - MEyer is tradeable, Bowden P, not so sure
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #736 on: August 22, 2007, 10:58:15 PM »
if i had to delist 1 player out of ... Meyer, P Bowden or Jay ...

it will be P Bowden ...

I wouldn't be de-listing any of them until after trade time  ;)

Jay's contracted (I think) so as a de-listing he'd be safe

The other 2 out of contract - MEyer is tradeable, Bowden P, not so sure
Let's hope Sugar keeps his gob shut at the B&F this year so the don't lose any trade value they have :lol  :wallywink
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #737 on: August 23, 2007, 05:08:33 PM »
Training today was at a sunny Punt Rd Oval. A good day to stand and watch training which went for 2 hours.

Sugar, Foley, McGuane, Cogs and Simmo were initially in rehab before the first four joined the main group after the tackling drills. Harts, Collins and Tas also made an appearance later on. Harts didn't have his moonboot on. The only absentees were those injured - Kingsley, Hall. Edit: I didn't see Meyer but he must have been out there as he's been named this week.

A bloke from Melbourne Storm was there to go through some one-on-one tackling drills. The remainder of the session was based around run and carry and a fair bit of goalkicking on the run. 

Our little group had a long talk with Greg Miller so I wasn't paying to much attention to training today. More on that later in other threads.

Sounds as though Schulz is in but we'll find out in a few minutes anyway.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 05:29:31 PM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #738 on: August 27, 2007, 07:05:44 PM »
Training times this week

Wednesday, August 29          2pm     Punt Road Oval

Friday, August 31              11am     Punt Road Oval

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #739 on: August 27, 2007, 11:27:46 PM »
Training times this week

Wednesday, August 29          2pm     Punt Road Oval

Friday, August 31              11am     Punt Road Oval

Might attend Friday morning.  :thumbsup

how long would it take to walk from Spencer st to Punt Road Oval, I assume that the city tram can take me some of the way??  Its been a while since I've been over to Melbourne.  :-[
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #740 on: August 28, 2007, 12:25:16 AM »

how long would it take to walk from Spencer st to Punt Road Oval, I assume that the city tram can take me some of the way??  Its been a while since I've been over to Melbourne.  :-[
Better start walking now tigersalive  ;D

Just catch the train from Southern Cross (old Spencer St station) to Richmond and then it's a 5 minute walk to Punt Rd Oval.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #741 on: August 28, 2007, 08:19:44 AM »

Better start walking now tigersalive  ;D

Just catch the train from Southern Cross (old Spencer St station) to Richmond and then it's a 5 minute walk to Punt Rd Oval.

Heh I must've been fit when I ran from the edge of the city tram to Punt Road Oval like it was nothing a few years ago.  :lol   I got slack so I wont be doing that again.  I'll go with your suggestion if I manage the time.  Thanks.  :thumbsup
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #742 on: August 29, 2007, 04:35:43 PM »
Training today was at a Sun covered Punt Road oval. A pretty short and light session for a Wednesday one. It only went for about an hour. The squad basically did some close-in handball work under pressure followed by the usual full ground run, kick, mark, dish off rebound and attack work with passing to a leading forward in space. Lids hurt his shoulder tackling little Edwards but was okay after a couple of minutes and a few swings of the arm.

In Rehab today were Simmo, Collins, Cogs, Kingy, Thursty and Polo. Harts was there at the start but I didn't notice him after that. Kingy was chatting to a trainer and his ankle, pressing it into the ground and discussing how he felt. Friday's session will tell more if he is right to play. The rest did some kick to kick and Cogs did some 200m runs. Tucky didn't do any of the contested handball drills.

On bikes towards the end of training were Gus, Clingan, Meyer and Collins. Cass and Peterson were outside someone told me and Peterson caught a cab. The RFC players with Coburg train later tonight. Only saw Hyde and Paddy from last week's Coburg game training with Richmond.

Training finished off with goalkicking. Tucky was practising his torps. Got onto a couple of them too.   

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #743 on: August 30, 2007, 03:18:26 PM »
I forgot to mention yesterday at the end of the lighthearted training session all the coaches were have sprint races against each other, even Plough. Mad Monday starting early  :yep. Monky just grabbed Chocco by the back of his top as they were running and pulled him back lol.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #744 on: August 30, 2007, 04:15:27 PM »
who won?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #745 on: August 30, 2007, 05:20:29 PM »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #746 on: August 31, 2007, 01:56:22 PM »
Training today was at a windy Punt Road Oval. Only the squad of 25 trained today and only a light session for about an hour. As mentioned in the other thread Connors was training instead of Sarge. We sat near the St Kilda spy so we started talking about who we would like to pick up from the Saints  ;D. He wouldn't have seen anything  out of the ordinary anyway. Pretty much we're sticking to the 1-on-1 running gameplan of the past month.

Royal did a short media interview so that may be on the news tonight. We were too far to hear what was said.

We bumped into Knobel who was watching training in his casuals and he said he's off to Queensland the day after the Grand Final.  We also saw JON and wished him luck in the VFL finals. He said he and those at Coburg are looking forward to it. You forget how tall he is until he's standing next to supporters.

Our little group of supporters had a little pow-wow by the race. I don't think those inside liked what we were saying as they shut the door  :lol. Even Richo had a peak through the window. He must have thought bloody lunatic supporters lol.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #747 on: August 31, 2007, 02:00:21 PM »
Training today was at a windy Punt Road Oval. Only the squad of 25 trained today and only a light session for about an hour. As mentioned in the other thread Connors was training instead of Sarge. We sat near the St Kilda spy so we started talking about who we would like to pick up from the Saints  ;D. He wouldn't have seen anything  out of the ordinary anyway. Pretty much we're sticking to the 1-on-1 running gameplan of the past month.

Royal did a short media interview so that may be on the news tonight. We were too far to hear what was said.

We bumped into Knobel who was watching training in his casuals and he said he's off to Queensland the day after the Grand Final.  We also saw JON and wished him luck in the VFL finals. He said he and those at Coburg are looking forward to it. You forget how tall he is until he's standing next to supporters.
Our little group of supporters had a little pow-wow by the race. I don't think those inside liked what we were saying as they shut the door  :lol. Even Richo had a peak through the window. He must have thought bloody lunatic supporters lol.

must be because he is so damn skinny  ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #748 on: August 31, 2007, 02:45:26 PM »
Maybe I missed it if he had it last week before but Cam has gone for the No 1. shaver up top.

Tigermonk

« Reply #749 on: September 02, 2007, 08:41:23 PM »
Training has been suspended until further notice

only TW will be down on the ground spanking all the players with our new wooden spoon

if you feel the need to be spanked go down  ;D  :rollin :rollin