Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 905916 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #780 on: November 17, 2007, 05:23:41 AM »
According to Nick's Pies' forum, Richmond trained at Victoria Park yesterday morning.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #781 on: November 19, 2007, 10:03:47 PM »
Was told today that there'll be no public training sessions prior to Christmas (excluding the fans' night). They want to give the players their privacy.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #782 on: November 19, 2007, 11:28:41 PM »
Was told today that there'll be no public training sessions prior to Christmas (excluding the fans' night). They want to give the players their privacy.

::)   ::)

Wow how generous of them.

THe fans should be able to see how their wooden spoon side is recovering from their poo year and being shown they're working harder than ever.

Bloody stupid imo.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #783 on: November 20, 2007, 02:36:54 PM »

Rofl @ privacy.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #784 on: November 20, 2007, 03:33:56 PM »

::)   ::)

Wow how generous of them.

THe fans should be able to see how their wooden spoon side is recovering from their pooh year and being shown they're working harder than ever.

Bloody stupid imo.
Agree tigersalive. Next week would've been a good chance to show off the newbies picked up in the draft.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #785 on: November 21, 2007, 10:13:00 AM »
Seems strange to me

But maybe they want to keep the poor fans away so the players don't receive too much adulation ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #786 on: November 21, 2007, 10:00:58 PM »
Seems strange to me

But maybe they want to keep the poor fans away so the players don't receive too much adulation ;D
lol

or keep the fans away from interrogating club officials  :D

richmondrules

« Reply #787 on: November 22, 2007, 07:01:21 AM »
To be fair, if I was a club official I'd be a bit sick of some of the supporters. Justifiably too. After last season I'm sure they could do without the agro. The supporters need to take some responsibility for shaping the way the club treats and interacts with us. It's a two way street and most of us are old enough and ugly enough to take responsibility for our actions. I know I am (especially the ugly bit  ;D ).

This is not a criticism of anyone specifically or any of the posters on this board.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #788 on: November 22, 2007, 08:59:51 AM »
To be fair, if I was a club official I'd be a bit sick of some of the supporters. Justifiably too. After last season I'm sure they could do without the agro. The supporters need to take some responsibility for shaping the way the club treats and interacts with us. It's a two way street and most of us are old enough and ugly enough to take responsibility for our actions. I know I am (especially the ugly bit  ;D ).

This is not a criticism of anyone specifically or any of the posters on this board.

Im not sure what you mean because I cant make it to trainings, Im a tad too far away, but surely One private session and one public would suffice.

Why punish the few bad eggs for all the other supporters who just want to see how their team is coming along?
EAT EM ALIVE!

richmondrules

« Reply #789 on: November 22, 2007, 09:59:58 AM »
Im not sure what you mean because I cant make it to trainings, Im a tad too far away, but surely One private session and one public would suffice.

Why punish the few bad eggs for all the other supporters who just want to see how their team is coming along?

I mean that a lot of what they say and do is criticised and they have been hung drawn and quartered by some for being too open at the beginning of last year. The media also like to get stuck in too. I am not surprised that they may want to just get on with it without having to justify every move they make. I agree it is a shame that a few wreck it for the rest of us but that's just how it is. I couldn't imagine what it would be like to turn up to work and the next day see a whole lot of criticism about the job I did in the paper and on the TV with 50 so called experts having an opinion about the program I just wrote. Admittedly software development doesn't attract the same media scrutiny as footy, nor do I expect many bulletin boards to be set up about the software package I develop or expect to see many "RROFO has no idea how to design a class hierarchy" threads. I also doubt anyone will dump a load of chicken poo on my companies doorstep if I introduce a bug in the software. I count myself lucky.  ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #790 on: November 22, 2007, 02:30:05 PM »

You rarely see club officials at training though. Miller, Francis Jackson and the Flea would make brief appearances now and then. It was only one time towards the end of the season that we got to question Greg at length which was good of him.   

I feel sorry more for the players who get swamped after every training session especially from "fans" who just want to collect signatures for ebay  ::). So I can understand the "privacy" line from that respect. Still I've never seen any abuse towards the players at training (unlike after actual games) and next week I'm sure supporters would've liked to have seen the new kids picked up in the draft running around at training.   

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #791 on: November 26, 2007, 01:10:53 PM »
The club might want to keep preseason training sessions quiet but nothing stops our intrepid OER reporters from getting to watch preseason training  ;D.

The session went well and Terry was pleased with it. Most of the senior list were present from what I saw.

Newbies
I didn't recognise a number of the extras but I did see Fanning (5), Zomer (20 -  KPP from Eastern Ranges), Silvester (16), Horne and Collard. Richards was there also I think. There were about 3 others i didn't recognise (1 tall wearing 48 and 2 smalls)

Not a newbie but Howat was there also.

Cotchin (wearing 38) and Putt (wearing 13) were there also. A mate I watch at training with mentioned if he didn't know who Cotchin was he would've thought he'd been in the system 3-4 years already. 

Rance I believe is flying to Melbourne tonight and will be at training Wednesday. 

Here's a link to what Zomer looks like and his profile:   http://rangesfc.com.au/content.aspx?page=PlayerProfile&Player=258

Injury/rehab update

* Simmo was in casuals sitting with legs up on one of the benches watching and talking to Wallace and Miller.
* Connors is wearing a moonboot. Not sure what exactly for but we believe it's due an ankle op(?).
* Hyde has a bandage around his knee.
* Cotchin was limited to handball of course as he's coming back from that broken foot he did in the TAC Cup PF.

Regulars

Lids, Clever, Whitey look bigger in the upper body/arms.

Sarge has put a bleach through his hair.

Cogs is moving freely with just a piece of tape around his knee. He completed full training so fingers crossed  :pray.

Polo is in full training too. Just has some light strapping on his right shoulder.

Richo (in a tank top Julz) and  Browny just did goalkicking while I was there while the main squad trained.

Jack snapped a goal across his body from the pocket during one of the drills which got a big roar from him and his teammates.

Still getting use to Jordie in a Richmond top. 

I'll try bringing my camera next time and take a few snaps. Any questions just fire away.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #792 on: November 26, 2007, 02:49:11 PM »
Awesome report MT :clapping

Out of interest was Hartigan anywhere to be seen? Some rumour we may look to re-rookie him..

I hope to the heavens that Simmo & Cogs are 100% this year. Will have a huge bearing on our season.

Also did Schulz, Meyer and Hughes show good intensity?

Thanks again. 8)

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #793 on: November 26, 2007, 03:17:08 PM »
cheers for the report MT  :cheers

Also did Schulz, Meyer and Hughes show good intensity?

same here

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #794 on: November 26, 2007, 03:17:52 PM »
Cheers Magic.

I went today expecting to only see the new kids so I didn't pay too much attention to the oldies to be honest unless they were right in front of where we were sitting. Most of more intense training was done at the opposite end of the ground. I'll have a better look next time. Clever, Danny and Sarge were as intense as the others from what I saw. There was a #33 running around but as I wasn't expecting Harts to be there so I didn't put 2 and 2 together. Interesting if we are going to rookie him. That must mean Harts and Cam are fighting over the same rookie spot.

Just as an aside, Lids was chatting about not being about to afford $1,000 for something or other and Richo quipped back  "you're the richest 20 year old I know"  :lol