Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 906099 times)

Ramps

Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #840 on: November 30, 2007, 01:46:02 PM »
Newman

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #841 on: November 30, 2007, 01:54:08 PM »
A nice but warm and sunny day at training today. I popped in again at about 10.45am but was told some blokes had been training/running since 8.30am. Training finished around 11.45am so it was a long session for some.

No sign of the older blokes - Richo, Browny, Joel, Sugar and Simmo as they start next week - but pretty much everyone else was present. Connors still had his moon boot on but occasionally went for a short job with a limp to fetch a footy.

As for the newbies - Cotchin, Rance and Putt were there again today as was Silvester, Gazzo, Horne, Collard, Callinan, Fanning, Sullivan and a couple of smaller blokes I couldn't put a name to the face. Callinan is small but he's a dead-eye-dick around the goals. I think Zomer was there too (No. 12? for anyone else who went). Greg and Francis spent a fair bit of time watching training. I forgot to ask if Gourdis was out there  :-\.

As for the old hands - Moore looks like he's been on the 'roids in one photo  :o. Lids is a well-oiled machine (I'll leave that for Julz, Moi and Steph to judge).

As for the drills I saw, the first was just long kicking circle work around the oval which was finishing up as I arrived. In the next drill they worked on clearances from packs. One player would stand in the middle of about other 8 players paired up in teams (attacker and defender (orange singlets)). David King would roll the ball along the ground to the centre player and then the attacking "team" had to clear the footy and pass it to the forwards (with defenders on them) near the goals. It looked like Jack was the forward with McGuane on him. The whole squad would rotate through the drill in these groups of 8. Foley and Blingers stood out. Blingers weaving in and out and then accelerating clear was good to watch. The biggest cheer was for Kel Moore who ran around the back of the pack to receive the footy then burst clear on a bouncing 80m run, a quick one-two handball with Jack and then banged it home from 5m out.

Any questions just fire away. I'll post some photos either later tonight or tomorrow.  
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 02:18:19 PM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #842 on: November 30, 2007, 02:07:44 PM »
How is Collard looking MT?
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #843 on: November 30, 2007, 02:14:55 PM »
How is Collard looking MT?
He looks a good size for a mid (solid not skinny). A pretty decent and natural looking kicker of the footy and accurate set-shot goalkicker too. He stands out with his bleached blonder hair. There's no scratch matches so it's hard to tell much else about him in terms of other things like accountability, reading of the play, awareness, etc...

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #844 on: November 30, 2007, 03:08:00 PM »
From the RFC site:

Richmond’s pre-season training regime is in full swing and Wallace was pleased to report the club’s medical facilities – stretched to near-breaking point at the same time last year – were enjoying a much quieter preparation.

“Probably the difference for us this year is that we’ve got blokes up and running,” he said.

“The same time last year we probably had half a dozen blokes who were coming off long-term injuries that we were fighting against time to try and get them right for the year. That’s not the case this year.

“Chris Hyde’s had a minor knee surgery but he’s really about the only one who’s not able to do what he needs to do. From that point of view it’s been good but the proof is always in the pudding isn’t it?”

Important duo Nathan Brown (leg) and Troy Simmonds (ankle) were two players who laboured through pre-season last time around, but Wallace gave both a clean bill of health.

“Brownie’s back to full health and fitness,” he said.

“Troy had those problems late in the year when he had that blood clot, but he’s overcome all those problems and his ankle's fine now as well. I’ve got a full squad to pick from which is what every coach wants.”

http://richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=53942

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #845 on: November 30, 2007, 03:29:16 PM »
I reckon it's Newy too. Hey I just take the photos lol.

It's gotta be Schulz.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #846 on: November 30, 2007, 03:42:39 PM »
G'day everyone. This site seems to be a great find. Great to hear about training. Thanks MightyTigers!

A few questions if you would be so kind -

How is Cogs looking?

Where is Meyer training?

Is Lids training exclusively with the forwards?

How does Rance rate defending against our current forwards?

Any noticable size changes?

Are they spending more time working for each other - laying shepperds/blocks etc rather than looking for the receive? (sorry personal beef)

Thanks for your help

Stripes

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #847 on: November 30, 2007, 06:34:45 PM »
How is Cogs looking?
Cogs is looking good Stripes and is doing full training with the rest of the squad. No noticable effects from the knee so far  :pray.

Where is Meyer training?

Is Lids training exclusively with the forwards?

How does Rance rate defending against our current forwards?
They haven't really done a lot of that sort of specific group training as yet. More circle and in-close work. The senior players start back next week so at the moment our two main forwards Richo and Browny aren't training with the main squad yet. Lids did spend some time with the forwards on Wednesday but most of the training sessions have been done as a whole squad. Meyer has been with the mids as far as I can tell. Rance has looked clean with his disposal so far.

Any noticable size changes?

Graham, Hughes and Moore look bigger in the upper body.
Lids is like he has been carved out of stone. Straight out of one of those late-night home-gym commercials lol.
JON looks a fraction taller than what he was listed at the start of the year.
The rest don't look too different.

Are they spending more time working for each other - laying shepperds/blocks etc rather than looking for the receive? (sorry personal beef)
They had the NRL boys down to training on Wednesday to work on tackling and today as I said in the report they did some in-close clearance work. Yep our sheparding and blocking is pretty poor. Work in progress I guess.

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #848 on: November 30, 2007, 10:42:31 PM »
A nice but warm and sunny day at training today. I popped in again at about 10.45am but was told some blokes had been training/running since 8.30am. Training finished around 11.45am so it was a long session for some.

No sign of the older blokes - Richo, Browny, Joel, Sugar and Simmo as they start next week - but pretty much everyone else was present. Connors still had his moon boot on but occasionally went for a short job with a limp to fetch a footy.

As for the newbies - Cotchin, Rance and Putt were there again today as was Silvester, Gazzo, Horne, Collard, Callinan, Fanning, Sullivan and a couple of smaller blokes I couldn't put a name to the face. Callinan is small but he's a dead-eye-dick around the goals. I think Zomer was there too (No. 12? for anyone else who went). Greg and Francis spent a fair bit of time watching training. I forgot to ask if Gourdis was out there  :-\.

As for the old hands - Moore looks like he's been on the 'roids in one photo  :o. Lids is a well-oiled machine (I'll leave that for Julz, Moi and Steph to judge).

As for the drills I saw, the first was just long kicking circle work around the oval which was finishing up as I arrived. In the next drill they worked on clearances from packs. One player would stand in the middle of about other 8 players paired up in teams (attacker and defender (orange singlets)). David King would roll the ball along the ground to the centre player and then the attacking "team" had to clear the footy and pass it to the forwards (with defenders on them) near the goals. It looked like Jack was the forward with McGuane on him. The whole squad would rotate through the drill in these groups of 8. Foley and Blingers stood out. Blingers weaving in and out and then accelerating clear was good to watch. The biggest cheer was for Kel Moore who ran around the back of the pack to receive the footy then burst clear on a bouncing 80m run, a quick one-two handball with Jack and then banged it home from 5m out.

Any questions just fire away. I'll post some photos either later tonight or tomorrow.  

thanks for that mate....greatly appreciated...

i really want someone to post a definitive confirmation that Gourdis is here training with us.....to put my mind at ease...in the previous 2 training posts...no one was able to confirm....i know it's been reported that he's with us..even on the club's own website..but....it would make me feel a lot better knowing that he's with us......perhaps we're just hiding him from the prying eyes of other clubs..

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #849 on: November 30, 2007, 11:22:41 PM »
Photos from Friday's training

Thumbnails: (Click on pic to enlarge)

Connors, one of the rookie chances?, Thursty, Rance and Hyde // Rainesy with Moore and Patto on his tail

End of the clearance drill // Tuck, Collins, Patto, Morton and Connors lead the way to drinks

Collins, Connors, Cogs and Newy walk off with the rookie chances // Hughes and Collard

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #850 on: November 30, 2007, 11:24:33 PM »
Thumbnails: (Click on pic to enlarge)

Moore, Flea, McGuane and Riewoldt // Lids, Morton, Howat, Petts and Schulz

Casserly with Foley, David King and Horne behind him // The training squad with the assistant coaches

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #851 on: December 01, 2007, 12:41:39 AM »
Moore looks like the hulk!

Noticeable body changes in Deledio as well.

The Tigers look fit!

Great reports and pics MT & OT.

Fantastic stuff. Thank you for the effort. :thumbsup

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #852 on: December 01, 2007, 09:29:56 AM »
Brett Deledio - now that's what I'm talking about! :clapping :bow :thumbsup

Boy how white is Riewoldt?

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #853 on: December 01, 2007, 12:07:58 PM »
It's Newman, absolutely no doubt about it.
There's definitely some doubt, it's Schulz
You can see in the latest photo of him without his shirt on that he's much bigger, none of our mids should be bulking up that much, it reduces mobility.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #854 on: December 01, 2007, 12:42:22 PM »
There's definitely some doubt, it's Schulz
You can see in the latest photo of him without his shirt on that he's much bigger, none of our mids should be bulking up that much, it reduces mobility.

Schulz has packed it on too. Good signs.
Hopefully he recognises he's on his last chance and finally makes something of himself.