Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 906181 times)

richmondrules

Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #855 on: December 01, 2007, 12:45:32 PM »
It's Newman, absolutely no doubt about it.
There's definitely some doubt, it's Schulz
You can see in the latest photo of him without his shirt on that he's much bigger, none of our mids should be bulking up that much, it reduces mobility.

;D Newman's always been a big boy. I didn't think of Schulz though. That's the only other possibility, absolutely no doubt about it.  ;)

Just went back and had another look. I still reckon it's Newman.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 01:36:34 PM by RROFO »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #856 on: December 01, 2007, 04:31:09 PM »
The boots looks like Newy's not Sarge's so that's why I think it's Newy.

Wednesday:
http://oneeyed-richmond.com/images/team/training_281107/pic2.jpg

Friday:
http://oneeyed-richmond.com/images/team/training_301107/pic5.jpg
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #857 on: December 01, 2007, 04:41:49 PM »
......and the daggy shorts.

Newman.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #858 on: December 01, 2007, 04:59:43 PM »
thanks for that mate....greatly appreciated...

i really want someone to post a definitive confirmation that Gourdis is here training with us.....to put my mind at ease...in the previous 2 training posts...no one was able to confirm....i know it's been reported that he's with us..even on the club's own website..but....it would make me feel a lot better knowing that he's with us......perhaps we're just hiding him from the prying eyes of other clubs..
If I get to a training session this week then I'll try to find out if I see Miller around. We could be hiding him.

Boy how white is Riewoldt?
His nickname should be Ghost  ;D

Moore looks like the hulk!
2008 will be his last chance so hopefully he can build on his late form this year and this bulking up is a sign of it. At the start of August I thought he was gone but he saved himself from the cut for another year.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #859 on: December 02, 2007, 02:27:01 PM »

i really want someone to post a definitive confirmation that Gourdis is here training with us.....to put my mind at ease...in the previous 2 training posts...no one was able to confirm....i know it's been reported that he's with us..even on the club's own website..but....it would make me feel a lot better knowing that he's with us......perhaps we're just hiding him from the prying eyes of other clubs..
If I get to a training session this week then I'll try to find out if I see Miller around. We could be hiding him.

Gourdis is definitely training at Richmond
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Ramps

« Reply #860 on: December 02, 2007, 02:29:11 PM »
the issue is ... is he doing enough at the moment on the track, anyone want to give us a clue as to how the young man has gone about his business.

Offline Limbach_19

• Future Richmond star
  • Leroy Jetta
« Reply #861 on: December 02, 2007, 07:13:38 PM »
Anyone know training times for this week?

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #862 on: December 02, 2007, 09:13:23 PM »

cheers mate..that's great to hear the confirmation....

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #863 on: December 03, 2007, 01:22:11 AM »
i haven't heard of Polak ?

is he training ?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #864 on: December 03, 2007, 04:26:11 AM »
i haven't heard of Polak ?

is he training ?

Yep Polak is in full training.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #865 on: December 03, 2007, 01:29:19 PM »

Thanks.
How has he been looking at training seeing as he's shaping as our #1 PSD selection..

Offline True Thylacine

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #866 on: December 03, 2007, 02:24:16 PM »
A couple of years ago I was a big rap for Ian Callinan and hoped we would rookie him at least but wasnt to be.  The kid is enormously skilled, possibly the best kick either foot I've seen but is now 2 years older.  I am sure Rawlings had something to do with him training with us.  Anyone seen him in action or have any idea what his chances might be?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #867 on: December 03, 2007, 06:06:17 PM »
A couple of years ago I was a big rap for Ian Callinan and hoped we would rookie him at least but wasnt to be.  The kid is enormously skilled, possibly the best kick either foot I've seen but is now 2 years older.  I am sure Rawlings had something to do with him training with us.  Anyone seen him in action or have any idea what his chances might be?
The only thing going against Callinan is his height or lack of and whether he has the pace for AFL footy. He's obviously a gun at VFL and SANFL level. His foot skills are still as good as you've described TT and he is a dead-eye-dick kick for goal be it crumbing or a set shot. I watched him the other day and he missed only one shot and that was one where the ball slipped off the side of the boot. I don't think the club would have brought or asked him over from SA and kept him training with us for so long if they weren't seriously looking at him. He's obviously one of the final 5 or 6 Miller mentioned in the paper last week. I'd rather give him a rookie spot than say Howat.

richmondrules

« Reply #868 on: December 03, 2007, 07:40:25 PM »
The only thing going against Callinan is his height or lack of and whether he has the pace for AFL footy. He's obviously a gun at VFL and SANFL level. His foot skills are still as good as you've described TT and he is a dead-eye-dick kick for goal be it crumbing or a set shot. I watched him the other day and he missed only one shot and that was one where the ball slipped off the side of the boot. I don't think the club would have brought or asked him over from SA and kept him training with us for so long if they weren't seriously looking at him. He's obviously one of the final 5 or 6 Miller mentioned in the paper last week. I'd rather give him a rookie spot than say Howat.

I have heard of a small player with exceptional skills who is impressing at training and is looking in line for a rookie position. This is a whisper from another site, I have no hard facts to support this, but it sounds like Callinan may be the player from your description.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #869 on: December 03, 2007, 10:58:26 PM »
I have heard of a small player with exceptional skills who is impressing at training and is looking in line for a rookie position. This is a whisper from another site, I have no hard facts to support this, but it sounds like Callinan may be the player from your description.
We can pick him up as our one mature-aged rookie.