Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 906001 times)

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #930 on: January 11, 2008, 01:09:23 PM »
Surely with all the heat in Melbourne, there should be plenty of pics of shirtless players training?  On Chan 10 news the other night, they had Freo players trainingn in speedos.

HB julz - I see I started that birthday thread years ago  :lol

Re speedos - I'm pretty sure I can get some photos of Little Jackie doing his thing around the block if you're keen  :help

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #931 on: January 11, 2008, 03:42:50 PM »
Surely with all the heat in Melbourne, there should be plenty of pics of shirtless players training?  On Chan 10 news the other night, they had Freo players trainingn in speedos.
They sure come up with some odd training drills over in the west. First the Eagles training blindfolded and without footys and now Freo the other day.

You'll have to contact the club Julz and say you're a biomechanics expert if you want that sort of thing  :wallywink.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #932 on: January 16, 2008, 09:20:59 AM »
They sure come up with some odd training drills over in the west. First the Eagles training blindfolded and without footys and now Freo the other day.

I think the blindfolds are for them to get used to the sensation of solitary confinement. Well the club did say they were going to have more involvement in supporting their players off-field issues.  The blindfold apparently also helps in finding your stash on the car floor when it falls off the back seat whilst trying to avoid the local constabulary! :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #933 on: January 16, 2008, 01:02:25 PM »
First training report of 2008  :thumbsup.

Training today was at Vic Park  :P. Went for about 2.5 hours but I only saw the last hour.

Howat has done ligament damage to his ankle is on crutches and Connors has re-hurt his ankle  ::). Gus had one ankle tapped but he did the whole session. Collins also looked to have hurt himself at one stage but he completed the session. It was hard to see who was in the rehab group but I presume Cotchin was one as he didn't do all of the drills (he was walking freely though). Also McGuane told a friend of mine that he had OP over the past year and is just now getting over it. 

On the positive news front I was told Simmo was involved in some of the contact drills. So hopefully that means he's off the Warfarin (blood thinner) and is ready to go. Cogs said he's happy with how things are going. Meyer is also apparently pain-free.

The drills that I saw were inside 50/forward line drills. Basically pairing up as 1-on-1 attackers/defenders from the centre and forward lines and the attacking team needing to score. The other one was mainly lead up work from the goalsquare.  The skill level was decent but I wouldn't say they weren't going hundred miles an hour in training today.   

As far as match-ups:  Rance on Richo/Hughes, Raines on Lids, King/Jordy on Collard, Silvester on Putt. Petts, Edwards and Polak were also forwards. Foley was ripping it up and probably the standout of today.

I've taken some photos so I'll post them tonight. Not a hot day today so sorry Julz.

Any questions fire away.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #934 on: January 16, 2008, 01:24:51 PM »
Connors has re-hurt his ankle  ::).

Thanks as always MT. :thumbsup

Very disappointing news about Connors re-injured ankle. :(
Given Cotchin's ongoing lower leg problems as well it is some reason to worry.

These two exciting prospects are where I'd hoped some improvement to our team might come from this year but interrupted pre-seasons are not going to help them one iota during the '08 season.

A few questions..

How did Rance look against Richo?

Is Schulz lining up in defence or attack during the drills?

How freely is Meyer moving?

Cheers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #935 on: January 16, 2008, 01:46:18 PM »
Connors has re-hurt his ankle  ::).

Thanks as always MT. :thumbsup

Very disappointing news about Connors re-injured ankle. :(
Given Cotchin's ongoing lower leg problems as well it is some reason to worry.

These two exciting prospects are where I'd hoped some improvement to our team might come from this year but interrupted pre-seasons are not going to help them one iota during the '08 season.

A few questions..

How did Rance look against Richo?

Is Schulz lining up in defence or attack during the drills?

How freely is Meyer moving?

Cheers
Rance was only on Richo for a little while to be honest and there wasn't any vigorous defending today from anyone. The defenders were more there to clog space and most passes went to those who lead out on a 45 degree ankle than straight up the ground. Rance is a good size for a first year tall kid but Richo is massive compared to him.

We were watching the group nearest the Sherrin stand end so I didn't notice much of what Schulz did. When Rawlings had all the forwards around him Schulz wasn't one of them. I forgot to say Jack was playing as a forward too. Connors and Cotchin listened in to so perhaps a clue where they might be spending there time this year once they get right.

I saw Danny at the end walking past but it was a friend at training who told me he was now pain-free. She thought he had bulked up a bit too.

Speaking of bulk, Gourdis is a big lad. Incredible he is also the fastest  :o.

Oh and I forgot to mention on the photo front that I inadvertently captured in the background a certain senior leadership player "rearranging the furniture" through his shorts. I doubt I'll post it but it's amazing what the camera picks up  :wallywink.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 02:14:55 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #936 on: January 16, 2008, 01:48:32 PM »
Thanks again MT.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #937 on: January 16, 2008, 09:33:01 PM »
Photos from today's training

Thumbnails: (Click on pic to enlarge)

Collard, King, Raines, Lids // Forward group with Rawlings (Petts obscured leads the discussion)

The whole squad // Hyde, Hughes (obscured), Edwards, Petts and Collard

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #938 on: January 16, 2008, 09:42:44 PM »

Lids, Polak // Rance, McGuane, King

Gus, Cogs, Tivs, Polo and Putt, Patto // poor Cam on crutches

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #939 on: January 16, 2008, 09:50:55 PM »

Simmo // Moore and Tuck

Lids // Casserley

Offline Dud free zone

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #940 on: January 16, 2008, 11:02:06 PM »
Thanks MT for the report.  What's the prognosis on Connors' ankle?  Will it affect his availability for NAB cup?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #941 on: January 16, 2008, 11:10:12 PM »
Thanks MT for the report.  What's the prognosis on Connors' ankle?  Will it affect his availability for NAB cup?
Not 100% sure. He's reinjured the same ankle but he was still able to walk around on it barefoot (he straight away took the shoe off). Hopefully it's not too bad.

blx

« Reply #942 on: January 16, 2008, 11:33:39 PM »
good to see polak in the forward group. I hope they use him deep near the goals, FF.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #943 on: January 17, 2008, 08:56:15 AM »
Not 100% sure. He's reinjured the same ankle but he was still able to walk around on it barefoot (he straight away took the shoe off). Hopefully it's not too bad.

So he hurt it at that training session?
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #944 on: January 17, 2008, 09:51:21 AM »
Geez Collard is a stocker little bugger.  :rollin
EAT EM ALIVE!