Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 915574 times)

Offline Limbach_19

• Future Richmond star
  • Leroy Jetta
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #990 on: January 23, 2008, 10:37:57 PM »
Thanks for the report.

How did Hughes train?

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #991 on: January 23, 2008, 10:46:57 PM »
I thought Meyer was injury-free?

I've heard on another forum his hip is very bad. Just rumour but it doesn't look good. :-\

How's Casserly looking this pre-season MT? Hopefully can stay injury free and offer plenty.

Good to see Connors running again. :)

Pleased to see plenty of work going into the tackling!!

Are you feeling good about the sides prospects.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #992 on: January 24, 2008, 05:49:36 AM »
What is wrong with Graham? I thought Meyer was injury-free? I most concerned about Thursty - I hope it is a very minor injury.
With Danny apparently it's his hip. He had an op post-season last year but I don't know the current prognosis. I'm not sure what's wrong with Gus.

I'm curious about how Tuck, Schulz and Polo went as defenders. How did they match up?
Once again Polak and Schulz were pretty much bypassed. Sarge mainly got his hands on the footy deep in defence when the ball hit the ground and the greenies were trying to clear from defence. He didn't make a mistake under pressure.

Polo wasn't as noticeable as he was on Friday.

Not sure why Tucky has been playing on Richo the last few times. Whether that's just out of necessity with McGuane and now Thursty in rehab I'm not sure.

How did Cartledge and Putt ruck? Does Putt show any promise? Is Cartledge a ready made ruckman or is he barely beating a new recruit?
Hard to say at this stage. The NAB Cup will be a better guide on Cartledge. Putt is still a raw youngster.

Any chance he will regain his '05 form? :pray
:pray

Even if he get to 80% of that form it'll be a bonus.

Poor Rance still struggles at this when he has to tackle the nimble Foley and Polo.
Why did he struggle so much compared to the others. Is he slow, weak or easily confused?
As Ramps says Foley and Polo are smaller and quicker on their feet.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #993 on: January 24, 2008, 06:11:39 AM »
How did Hughes train?
Cleve played higher up yesterday which was deliberate. Many of the stoppages were started in the defensive 50 so as one of the CHFs he had to push up into the centre square to make himself a marking option. Not bad again but probably not as prolific as he was on Friday.

How's Casserly looking this pre-season MT? Hopefully can stay injury free and offer plenty.

Are you feeling good about the sides prospects.
Cass isn't tearing it up by any means but I guess the positive for him is he has so far (touchwood) got a full preseason under his belt. He does look to have added on some size and muscle since last year.

I'm positive we'll do much better than last year (that's not too hard though) just from the personel available we didn't have last year but I'll wait for the real stuff to properly judge our prospects. We're only playing against ourselves and we at times still make mistakes we really shouldn't.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #994 on: January 24, 2008, 06:27:27 AM »
No non public session you certainly have no problems getting in MT ;D

Do they not consider you a member of the public ;D
LOL

There was only 3 of us at the start and it ballooned to a whopping 7 by the end of the session. Most a regulars.

I don't think the club minds a handful of supporters who just sit and watch and take a few snaps. I'm guessing after finishing last they just want to get on with training without distractions. When it's a public session you get a heap of kids turning up and they all want autographs and photos with their heroes and then you also have some older fans asking players to sign guernsey after guernsey and whatnot. Plus of course the media pop in wanting interviews and something they can write about.   

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #995 on: January 24, 2008, 02:51:12 PM »

Once again Polak and Schulz were pretty much bypassed. Sarge mainly got his hands on the footy deep in defence when the ball hit the ground and the greenies were trying to clear from defence. He didn't make a mistake under pressure.

Sorry to harp on these guys but what do you think Schulz's chances of making a CHB are?

Despite his critics he has very good skills for a big man and could be a real boost for our defence if it works out. ???
Unlike Polak do you think he's capable of playing tight enough on the big guys?

Sarge is a crucial player for us because he's got genuine size and mongrel.
You can see why Wallace has told him there's a place there in defence if he wants it.
It would make us far better side if Jay could play on the big guys effectively which we so lacked last season.

I want him to succeed. :pray

* As always appreciate the reports MT.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #996 on: January 24, 2008, 04:07:20 PM »
jay should have played at chb last season, wallets plans at the beginning of his contract was to convert jay into a chb, and he didnt persist with his plans

Offline tigerfan1961

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #997 on: January 24, 2008, 08:08:28 PM »

Six Tigers were in rehab - Cotchin, McGuane, Meyer, Thursty, Howat and Graham.

Anyone know when Cotch and Danny are going to get into the full match practice regime? I am getting worried that they are going to start too late and spend half the season at Coburg just getting match fit.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #998 on: January 24, 2008, 09:14:45 PM »
Anyone else planning to go to tomorrow's public training session?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #999 on: January 24, 2008, 10:54:02 PM »
Sorry to harp on these guys but what do you think Schulz's chances of making a CHB are?

Despite his critics he has very good skills for a big man and could be a real boost for our defence if it works out. ???
Unlike Polak do you think he's capable of playing tight enough on the big guys?
Sarge will need to show more desperation and second and third efforts than he did playing FF if he is to succeed as a key defender. He'll struggle if he has just a good first and bit quarters before going missing for the rest of the game as he has done so in the past. He needs to get "AFL" fit over this preseason.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1000 on: January 24, 2008, 11:02:23 PM »
Anyone know when Cotch and Danny are going to get into the full match practice regime? I am getting worried that they are going to start too late and spend half the season at Coburg just getting match fit.
I think Cotch will be fine. He doesn't look too far away. I just think we are being cautious knowing he has a long career ahead of him. 2008 won't be when we need him to star. Danny on the other hand seems to be the greater concern simply because we as supporters don't know precisely what's happening with him and his hip.

Offline Dud free zone

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #1001 on: January 24, 2008, 11:52:30 PM »
Thanks MT for the reports - your reports are like the rain in a drought of information about the Tigers this pre-season.  Once the NAB cup starts we'll be able to see for ourselves how we are going.  In the meantime thanks heaps.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #1002 on: January 25, 2008, 01:58:26 AM »
MT ...

some questions ...

is it just me or has Deledio put on more muscle around his arms ???

same as Coughlan ... obviously he has had more time in the gym ???

when Jay was in defence was he matched-up ??? also Polak ???

how was the talk volume ??? on the ground ???

did you say before that Johnson, Tivendale and Hyde played similar roles ??? if so ... was Jackson playing that tagging role ???

i have read many times that we get someone from The Melbourne Storm to come and help us tackle ...

i guess take note when they play in today's 2 quarter match the tackling ...

who matched-up on Gourdis ??? and did Gourdis beat that player ???

Richardson looks a bit thinner in the body and bigger in the shoulders ??? maybe it is just me ...

how was his running and "strech-out marking" ??? is he still marking on his chest out on the lead ???

Riewoldt ??? played up forward i guess ... how did he go and who took him ...

i love your training reports like everyone else MT ... just great stuff champ !!!

The Age or Hearld Sun should have a word with you ...

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1003 on: January 25, 2008, 12:29:15 PM »
Just got back from the scratch match.

Scores

Blacks    6.1    13.4-82
Yellows  4.6    10.6-66

Goalkickers

Blacks:  Polo 2, Petts 2, Hyde 2, Putt, Tivs, Jackson, Edwards, Schulz, Browny. We couldn't see who kicked the Blacks first goal (snap over the head) but it looked like it was either Browny or Petts.

Yellows:  Collard 3, Riewoldt 2, Tuck, McMahon, Foley, Sugar, Collins.

Teams

Yellows:          Blacks:
4. Raines         6. Polak
8. Riewoldt      7. Browny
12. Richo        10. Edwards
28. McMahon   14. Polo
17. Sugar        15. Pettifer
19.  Putt         18. Rance
Morton            23. Jackson
21. Tuck         24. Cogs
26. Patto        25. Schulz
27. Collard      29. JON
30. Tambo      31. Hyde
33. Collins       32. Tivs
36. White        34. Hughes
40. Moore        37. Cass
41. Foley         42. Gourdis
                   20. Silvester
                     Cartledge
                    46. Kingy
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 01:34:18 PM by mightytiges »

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1004 on: January 25, 2008, 12:36:57 PM »
just got back

highlights

JON played the best game he has ever for coburg/richmond

still fluffed the ball at times, but playing on HBF was very prominant, got alot of the ball, alot, and used his pace and evasive ability very well..took a big step forward today

Shultz played KP backman, was very solid. left his man and ran away and used the ball well

Jordy looked very classy

Brown was back to his best, absolute class act

Polo played very well

Collins showed something in the guts

Rance looks like he belongs in the AFl allready, was being tutored by mcguane ;)

Negatives

Pattison barely had an effective possession, butchered ball

I will let MT do a thorough report and will help answer questions from there

NOt a bad hit out