Author Topic: Trade targets 2017  (Read 192914 times)

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade targets 2017
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2017, 04:28:35 PM »
Definitely need to go after key forwards particularly if Elton and Griffiths go by year's end.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2017, 05:01:05 PM »
They're already gone.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2017, 07:12:29 PM »
I've rated this guy for a while and it's a shame that Lynch is worth so much now, however I'd still be prepared to throw the sink at him.

Something ludicrous like $7-9million/6 years.

Need a KPD too. Plenty of good options. Would try to take somebody like Michael Hartley from Essendon or Kyle Hartigan from Adelaide.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2017, 07:51:43 PM »
I think Reid would complement Jack nicely.

He's been good in the Swans games I've watched this year.

Reid is a crap kick for goal and is too injury prone
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2017, 08:21:06 PM »

Can he kick the ball 60m which is the panacea for all else

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2017, 09:32:48 PM »
What do you think it would take to get Jack Lever to Tigerland in terms of picks or players?

Melbourne boy.

He was pick 15 a few years back.

I'd think a pick about 10 to 15 and perhaps a player.

Just the type we need imo. He defends really well, agile, and also gets involved on the way out.

Thoughts?

West Coast also have some decent KPD that would be handy.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2017, 02:41:26 AM »
Richmond again has a large number of players coming off contract — including Brownlow Medal fancy and restricted free agent Dustin Martin.

But the Tigers are armed with salary cap space and circling out-of-contract Brisbane Lion Josh Schache, 19.

Schache’s maiden AFL coach Justin Leppitsch returned to Punt Rd as an assistant after he was sacked by the Lions last year.

The Tigers need another key forward after parting ways with Ty Vickery (Hawthorn), Liam McBean (delisted) and growing concerns over Ben Griffiths (concussion) and Todd Elton (form).

Richmond holds two first-round picks this year — its own and Geelong’s, acquired in the Brett Deledio trade.

Source: Herald-Sun website

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2017, 06:24:43 AM »
Lets go for Lever and Shache.

Would not touch Reid or Trengove
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2017, 11:50:24 AM »

Can he kick the ball 60m which is the panacea for all else
Can he do it from a hospital bed?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2017, 01:21:52 PM »
With the classy small forwards on the list we only need one quality tall and a resting Ruck (forward line or bench). RBR The CHF's for the last 2premiers were Ryan S and Zaine C respectively 😲 That is why I would seek a Trengove type (costs nothing) and go to the draft to address future list requirements.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 01:55:07 PM by Ruanaidh »

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #70 on: April 27, 2017, 05:34:12 PM »
Lets go for Lever and Shache.

Would not touch Reid or Trengove

Id take one of the two (Reid or Trengove) but not both. Dont think we could carry two 'good average' kpp's as well as Astbury and potentially a developing Schache.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2017, 07:34:42 PM »
Trengove's a decent enough player who can pretty much cover the entire spine and is free agent - no brainer for me....even if the season goes pear shaped from here, I still don't think we'll have a high enough pick to get Oscar Carvino...

Sam Reid if we get high enough picks to take a top rated KPF tgo develop behind him.....Schache if we don't....though at this very early stage and if the ladder doesn't change to much, I think Tom McCartin (yes, Paddy's brother) might still be available....

I also still think Xavier Rchards is worth a crack, despite being a year out of the AFL (currently playing for Sydney Uni.)Will cost nothing....will be back in his home state & might appreciate being an AFL player a bit more this time around...

"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

tony_montana

« Reply #72 on: April 27, 2017, 07:42:29 PM »
Agree with that, Trengove is a no brainer and gives us a much needed boost in KPP stocks. Reckon a fair few people were shocked Richards didnt get picked up, definitely has something to offer.

Given that we are likely to no longer have Maric, Griff and Elton beyond this year we'll need to shore up an area of our list that is light on for personnel right now let alone when we're 3 more down.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: April 27, 2017, 07:49:46 PM »
Agree with that, Trengove is a no brainer and gives us a much needed boost in KPP stocks. Reckon a fair few people were shocked Richards didnt get picked up, definitely has something to offer.

Given that we are likely to no longer have Maric, Griff and Elton beyond this year we'll need to shore up an area of our list that is light on for personnel right now let alone when we're 3 more down.
Trengove played with Cotch at PEGS. They had a bit of chemistry going as ruck and mid. Would love to get him as he has mongrel (and can play). Something you can never have too much of....
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 06:57:05 AM by YellowandBlackBlood »
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2017, 12:38:10 AM »
I've rated this guy for a while and it's a shame that Lynch is worth so much now, however I'd still be prepared to throw the sink at him.

Something ludicrous like $7-9million/6 years.

Need a KPD too. Plenty of good options. Would try to take somebody like Michael Hartley from Essendon or Kyle Hartigan from Adelaide.

Which Lynch? GC or Adel?