Author Topic: Jake Batchelor preseason update  (Read 5993 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jake Batchelor preseason update
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2017, 08:26:17 PM »
Is ready to revolutionize backman play

You heard it hear first

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2017, 08:45:29 PM »

You heard it hear first
You heard it or just hear it? Are they just voices?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2017, 08:54:38 PM »

You heard it hear first

Chucky dont forget your other big scoop which you promised for your 10,000th post
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2017, 09:09:32 PM »
Would struggle to get a game at Coburg. Another wasted draft pick that Dudwick can't bring himself to dump.

Struggle to get a game at Coburg, really? Wouldn't really call him a wasted pick - he is serviceable and plays a role.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2017, 09:16:43 PM »

You heard it hear first

Chucky dont forget your other big scoop which you promised for your 10,000th post

;)

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2017, 09:43:22 PM »
Would struggle to get a game at Coburg. Another wasted draft pick that Dudwick can't bring himself to dump.

Struggle to get a game at Coburg, really? Wouldn't really call him a wasted pick - he is serviceable and plays a role.

Yeh real serviceable with his 10 touches, missed tackles, fumbles, pee weak attempts to spoil and five goals against. great minds think alike and then their is Dudwick and those that think Spatchelor is an AFL player.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2017, 10:39:21 PM »

Yeh real serviceable with his 10 touches, missed tackles, fumbles, pee weak attempts to spoil and five goals against. great minds think alike and then their is Dudwick and those that think Spatchelor is an AFL player.

So what you're really saying is you rate him but can't admit it :shh

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2017, 11:50:14 PM »
I think Batch cops the most criticism when he is used inappropriately. Like playing on Waite for example.

He's a guy who can play a role well, but is very limited otherwise. Poor coaching has hurt him.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2017, 10:08:43 AM »
Nothing player.
Should have been delisted. We just didn't have the balls or the brains.
List clogger.

The only way the new game plan would help him is if it was a kick to kick game plan against 12 year olds that are neither small, tall or quick.

He isn't getting quicker, he isn't getting taller and he isn't getting more agile, so he is just another below average player that we hang onto after surely realising he is more than just a little bit limited that wouldn't get a game at any other club.

Add him to the list of other players still on our list with no chance of making our side any better.

Thats pretty harsh. Was integral to our back 6 when we were making finals. Im all for your free speech but as a Richmond supporter you should at least try to support him.
Dookes, I have supported him but there comes a time when you need to put a line through his name. The reality is, even if he is the best bloke in the world he isn't making us any better. It looks like he gives his all bit imo it's not even close to being good enough if we are to be a decent side.
Just my take. 👍

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2017, 11:42:43 AM »
Nothing player.
Should have been delisted. We just didn't have the balls or the brains.
List clogger.

The only way the new game plan would help him is if it was a kick to kick game plan against 12 year olds that are neither small, tall or quick.

He isn't getting quicker, he isn't getting taller and he isn't getting more agile, so he is just another below average player that we hang onto after surely realising he is more than just a little bit limited that wouldn't get a game at any other club.

Add him to the list of other players still on our list with no chance of making our side any better.

Thats pretty harsh. Was integral to our back 6 when we were making finals. Im all for your free speech but as a Richmond supporter you should at least try to support him.
Dookes, I have supported him but there comes a time when you need to put a line through his name. The reality is, even if he is the best bloke in the world he isn't making us any better. It looks like he gives his all bit imo it's not even close to being good enough if we are to be a decent side.
Just my take. 👍

Fair enough we'll just have to agree to disagree.

The counter view of many is he has been made a scapegoat. Carried alot of injuries last 2 years when he's no worse than many of Hardwicks favourites and others, even when said players are themselves fit.

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2017, 05:12:22 PM »
What's wrong with you? Seems like most of us have misjudged Jake. He is killing it in the favourite player game.....

Exactly, favourite player game. Would he do as well in a "best player" game, probably (surely) not. But a lot of us go to games and see the little things he does and does well. Shepherding, smart blocking for our players to mark the ball, directing players and providing aerial assists just to name a few. It's not a coincidence our back line looked like shambles this year with no cohesion.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2017, 05:29:03 PM »
What's wrong with you? Seems like most of us have misjudged Jake. He is killing it in the favourite player game.....

Exactly, favourite player game. Would he do as well in a "best player" game, probably (surely) not. But a lot of us go to games and see the little things he does and does well. Shepherding, smart blocking for our players to mark the ball, directing players and providing aerial assists just to name a few. It's not a coincidence our back line looked like shambles this year with no cohesion.
I go to just about all our games, so I can see what he does and doesn't do. He tries hard and runs hard to create options which I admire, but he rarely gets sent the ball. However he has many deficiencies and the opposition know how to exploit them. They all know he hasn't got a right foot for instance and they use that to their advantage which stifles our sortie forward or out of defence. Yes he does quite a few things that I would have thought the coaching staff would have noticed but they were obviously not impressed.  I know what didn't impress them in 2016 and that was his ability to lay a tackle. In 8 games he had a total of 7 tackles!!! Considering the ball was in his half of the ground a lot, that is a disgrace for a defender. Just not good enough. He may be a great bloke but how he can suddenly be peoples favourite player with stats like that beggars belief. Of course that is just my humble opinion.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2017, 05:40:43 PM »
I have a close friend who is good mates with one of the new assistants (unfortunately I can't say who) and he has given me a tip on the team structure this year.

The word is that Jake is bulking up to play as a permanent CHB.  The reason why is with Ty leaving, Griffith who they were debating over to play down back will be played as a permanent CHF.

I wasn't going to say anything but PM'd a few people here but Dooks said I had a duty to let the faithful hear what's happening.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2017, 05:44:09 PM »

I go to just about all our games, so I can see what he does and doesn't do. He tries hard and runs hard to create options which I admire, but he rarely gets sent the ball. However he has many deficiencies and the opposition know how to exploit them. They all know he hasn't got a right foot for instance and they use that to their advantage which stifles our sortie forward or out of defence. Yes he does quite a few things that I would have thought the coaching staff would have noticed but they were obviously not impressed.  I know what didn't impress them in 2016 and that was his ability to lay a tackle. In 8 games he had a total of 7 tackles!!! Considering the ball was in his half of the ground a lot, that is a disgrace for a defender. Just not good enough. He may be a great bloke but how he can suddenly be peoples favourite player with stats like that beggars belief. Of course that is just my humble opinion.

With that tackle count he is probably in front of 3/4 of our side.

A good base to build on I would say

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2017, 05:45:58 PM »
How is it that they think bulking up a broken down player immediately makes them a given KPP?

Caracella and Balmey.