Author Topic: Jake Batchelor preseason update  (Read 5996 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jake Batchelor preseason update
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2017, 05:50:03 PM »
How is it that they think bulking up a broken down player immediately makes them a given KPP?

Good point I think it is the act of a desperate club that hasn't recruited properly for this position in the past and now has to fit a square peg in a round hole

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2017, 05:57:19 PM »
I have a close friend who is good mates with one of the new assistants (unfortunately I can't say who) and he has given me a tip on the team structure this year.

The word is that Jake is bulking up to play as a permanent CHB.  The reason why is with Ty leaving, Griffith who they were debating over to play down back will be played as a permanent CHF.

I wasn't going to say anything but PM'd a few people here but Dooks said I had a duty to let the faithful hear what's happening.

:clapping

Id just add to that, you forgot to say (as per your PM) that they consider one of his recognised strengths is the reading of the play and chopping off opposition F50 entries. Hence they are looking to play to his strengths.

More broadly speaking, my understanding is that part of the new game plan and structuring up is to play more to players strengths. An unchaining of players to an extent.

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2017, 08:38:11 PM »
I have a close friend who is good mates with one of the new assistants (unfortunately I can't say who) and he has given me a tip on the team structure this year.

The word is that Jake is bulking up to play as a permanent CHB.  The reason why is with Ty leaving, Griffith who they were debating over to play down back will be played as a permanent CHF.

I wasn't going to say anything but PM'd a few people here but Dooks said I had a duty to let the faithful hear what's happening.

:clapping

Id just add to that, you forgot to say (as per your PM) that they consider one of his recognised strengths is the reading of the play and chopping off opposition F50 entries. Hence they are looking to play to his strengths.

More broadly speaking, my understanding is that part of the new game plan and structuring up is to play more to players strengths. An unchaining of players to an extent.
"Batch is good at reading the play, let's bulk him up so he can give others a chop out."
The problem with that is his weeknesses outweigh his strengths by a fair way.
While he is giving others a chop out, his man has torn him a new arse.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2017, 10:33:16 PM »
I think Batch cops the most criticism when he is used inappropriately. Like playing on Waite for example.

He's a guy who can play a role well, but is very limited otherwise. Poor coaching has hurt him.

The Waite game....really, the experts all say he "plays tall", should not have a been a problem for a "great bloke" at is peak!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2017, 11:00:29 PM »
You play stupid.
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2017, 11:47:39 PM »
I think Batch cops the most criticism when he is used inappropriately. Like playing on Waite for example.

He's a guy who can play a role well, but is very limited otherwise. Poor coaching has hurt him.

The Waite game....really, the experts all say he "plays tall", should not have a been a problem for a "great bloke" at is peak!!!

Almost as good as Morris' game on Betts, you know, the one where Morris also played in the VFL at the exact same time? LOL at focusing on one game. Rance got beaten by Hogan FFS, must be a dud and need delisting

strongandbold

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2017, 02:15:29 AM »

my man sir, I know you dont know me and I don't know you. If you hear anything furthur would you care to shoot a PM?

My impatient little body can't wait for the season.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2017, 03:42:48 AM »
You play stupid.

Better to play it than be it!!

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2017, 03:44:37 AM »

Almost as good as Morris' game on Betts, you know, the one where Morris also played in the VFL at the exact same time? LOL at focusing on one game. Rance got beaten by Hogan FFS, must be a dud and need delisting

Comparing Batchelor to Rance.... :help...One game, really, he is crap every game your man Batch!! The player who plays tall, "great bloke". :lol

"Rucks:

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2017, 05:00:04 AM »

Comparing Batchelor to Rance.... :help...One game, really, he is crap every game your man Batch!! The player who plays tall, "great bloke". :lol

Ironically, Hampson comes to mind for some reason.......
"Sliding doors moment.

FlashGordon

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2017, 09:48:58 AM »
Pushing poo up hill if we are "re-inventing" Batch...at the end of the day, his weakmesses is he is one dimensional and we are now opting for that one dimension.
Unless some miracle worker does party tricks and builds his frame and his endurance, he is just another about to be ex tiger.
Lacks concentration, intensity, explosivenesss etc....chopping out poo is old news

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2017, 01:47:32 PM »
Bump

"Sliding doors moment.