Author Topic: CBA negotiations - 'Show us the money': Jack Riewoldt (SEN)  (Read 1080 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
CBA negotiations - 'Show us the money': Jack Riewoldt (SEN)
« on: February 03, 2017, 03:35:39 AM »

Show us the money: Riewoldt

By Ben Casanelia
SEN
Feb 2, 2017  6:00pm

Richmond forward Jack Riewoldt says strike action is inevitable if the AFL does not come to the party in CBA negotiations.

With just two weeks to the first JLT Community Series match between Essendon and Collingwood, time is ticking on the delicately poised negotiations between the AFL and AFLPA.

Players remain steadfast in their demand for a fixed cut of total revenue.

“If that’s (strike) what we’ve got to do to get it, and get what we think is fair, then unfortunately that’s going to be the case,” Riewoldt told SEN’s The Run Home.

“The group feels extremely strongly about where we stand at the moment.

“We don’t want it to come to that situation and I don’t think the AFL does either but what we feel strongly about is the pay structure and some other little things.”

The 28-year-old Tiger forward believes the show is the players and the players need to be shown the money.

He acknowledged there would be an element of fans viewing the wage demand as greedy but believes a significant wage increase was warranted.

“We’re professional athletes and we need to make a living and earn what we feel like we deserve,” he said.

“We put our bodies on the line for entertainment for other people, I think we deserve to be paid what we’re asking.

“We are a major part of the business.

“I’m not saying we are the most important part, and I know from the fans point of view they see the players as money hungry, but the average AFL career lasts four years.

“No one should be looked down upon because they are trying to make the most out of a lucky position we’re in.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/02/02/show-us-the-money:%20Riewoldt/

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: CBA negotiations - 'Show us the money': Jack Riewoldt (SEN)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 07:22:32 AM »
So will any increase go to the bottom 25% of players or will it go to the top %25? The whole AFL is greedy. Drop entrance prices and live off the TV rights.