Author Topic: Poor Big 4 form, Etihad, AFLW sees League cop $17.8m loss (afl site)  (Read 1263 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Etihad, AFLW sees League cop $17.8m loss

AFL.com.au
Feb 17, 2017

AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan earned $1.74 million in 2016, an increase of $20,000 on his 2015 wage package.

The AFL released key details from its 2016 financial accounts on Friday, revealing the League suffered a net loss of $17.8 million last year after grants and distributions.

According to the AFL's media release, the loss was in large part due to the early purchase of Etihad Stadium and the launch of the AFL Women's competition, with the League's expenditure increasing by $18.6 million to $186.9 million.

The poor on-field performances of powerhouse clubs Collingwood, Richmond and Essendon last season and their failure to make the finals also hurt the AFL’s bottom line.

The AFL's 11 executives, including McLachlan, earned a combined $8.08 million last year, up $80,000 on 2015's figure of $7.99 million. Excluding McLachlan’s wage, the remaining executives earned a combined $6.34 million, at an average salary of $634,000 a year.

The AFL's figures also revealed:

-       The League's revenue increased by $10.9 million to $517 million.

-       The AFL's operating surplus before grants and distributions decreased by two per cent to $330.4 million.

-       Clubs received $255.9 million compared with $245.2 million in 2015.

-       Game development grants totalled $41.6 million.

Commission chairman Mike Fitzpatrick said the AFL had achieved impressive results in each of its key indicators on the health of the game.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-02-17/afl-takes-178-million-hit

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Poor Big 4 form, Etihad, AFLW sees League cop $17.8m loss (afl site)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 08:11:57 PM »
forgot to mention how they are rooting grass roots footy.

the club that a player gets drafted from gets money for that.

Now, to be drafted you need to be playing in a tier 2 comp, - state leagues inc u/18

so a grass roots club develops kids for most of their career, but if they want to get drafted they must leave that club.

The club they go to, will receive most of the money paid when they get drafted.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 10:50:50 PM »
forgot to mention how they are rooting grass roots footy.

the club that a player gets drafted from gets money for that.

Now, to be drafted you need to be playing in a tier 2 comp, - state leagues inc u/18

so a grass roots club develops kids for most of their career, but if they want to get drafted they must leave that club.

The club they go to, will receive most of the money paid when they get drafted.

This is not so true, I think you'll find the payment will always go back there Junior club.
My local club has produced 4 AFL players in the past few years, one  in particular has gone on to become an A grade player and the captain of his club.
All 4 players have entered the AFL via the TAC cup but we still get AFL kick back for firstly being drafted then for both milestone games and personal achievements (Brownlow, All Australian ect)
Last year we received a very nice payment for a player achieving his 100 game milstone and Payments continue for the duration of the players career.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 11:25:32 PM »
I said most, not all,
you get money on their senior debut, then at milestones. i think there is one at 10 too.
the club they were drafted from will be getting a fair whack, what drifts back down is a fairly small portion
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI