Author Topic: Dustin Martin on 'A Current Affair' Monday night  (Read 10826 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Dustin Martin on 'A Current Affair' Monday night
« Reply #90 on: February 25, 2017, 09:01:03 AM »
Bullsh*t.

Classified information? You are completely deluded. So you are embarking on a system with no checks or balances. A system which decides who is guilty without warning and with prejudice.

God help you if you are put in that situation yourself.  No fair trial. Some minister deciding what's best despite them having no formal qualifications that would allow them to even consider a decision, let alone making one.

If you think a country should be run that way then you should go and find one that has a dictatorship and go and live there. That might just change your mind....
There is a whole world of poo that is kept from you.  It has nothing to do with checks and balances.  You really don't need to know.  The facts are solid and the threats are real and it has nothing to do with being a dictatorship.  Compromising information compromises the function of agencies to act.  Forewarned, forearmed, but it cuts both ways
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 09:53:41 PM by WilliamPowell »
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2017, 09:50:35 AM »
I can sense a pouting foot stamping reply coming

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: February 25, 2017, 11:19:28 AM »
There is a whole world of poo that is kept from you.  It has nothing to do with checks and balances.  You really don't need to know.  The facts are solid and the threats are real and it has nothing to do with being a dictatorship.  Compromising information compromises the function of agencies to act.  Forewarned, forearmed, but it cuts both ways
While I understand that not all information is shared with the public, the public has a right to know what the actual rules are. To our knowledge Shane hasn't committed a crime for many years. Why deport him now? Why not deport others like him?
The answers to these questions are not types that threaten national security. There are no reasons to keep them from the public. Do you really think deporting Shane has made really any difference to the safety of everyday Australians? Or do you believe in conspiracy theories too?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 09:54:19 PM by WilliamPowell »
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2017, 11:36:43 AM »
Do you really think deporting Shane has made really any difference to the safety of everyday Australians? Or do you believe in conspiracy theories too?

You can't prove that it hasn't so why would you expect others to prove that it has?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 09:54:54 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2017, 11:41:41 AM »
Do you really think deporting Shane has made really any difference to the safety of everyday Australians? Or do you believe in conspiracy theories too?[/i]

You can't prove that it hasn't so why would you expect others to prove that it has?
Who asked for proof? I just asked for an opinion.  Mind you to give an answer of merit would require some fair reasoning. Why is that unfair? I would say that a bloke that hasn't committed a crime for many years would not pose any threat now to the community. If there was evidence that his crimes were continuing, that would be a different situation. However, we have not been given that information and I can't see why it would be necessary to withhold that information from the public if it existed.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 09:55:30 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #95 on: February 25, 2017, 01:13:25 PM »
Who asked for proof? I just asked for an opinion.  Mind you to give an answer of merit would require some fair reasoning. Why is that unfair? I would say that a bloke that hasn't committed a crime for many years would not pose any threat now to the community. If there was evidence that his crimes were continuing, that would be a different situation. However, we have not been given that information and I can't see why it would be necessary to withhold that information from the public if it existed.

Semantics.

Not like you are going to agree with a contrary opinion so why bother asking for one?

Anyway nobody knows for certain except Shane and the Police.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 09:56:01 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #96 on: February 25, 2017, 03:47:51 PM »
Semantics.

Not like you are going to agree with a contrary opinion so why bother asking for one?

Anyway nobody knows for certain except Shane and the Police.

:help
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 09:56:22 PM by WilliamPowell »
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: February 26, 2017, 08:35:12 AM »
Do you really think deporting Shane has made really any difference to the safety of everyday Australians? Or do you believe in conspiracy theories too?
How do you know he hasn't broken the law, maybe he hasn't been caught.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 09:57:42 PM by WilliamPowell »
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #98 on: February 26, 2017, 09:12:32 AM »
How do you know he hasn't broken the law, maybe he hasn't been caught.

LMAO. Now we have to prove our innocence. Are you serious? Do you really want to be arrested and have to prove you were innocent?  :help
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 09:58:15 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #99 on: February 26, 2017, 09:28:22 AM »
Well, you have drawn suspicion to yourself by defending known criminals vehemently, this needs to be looked into

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #100 on: February 26, 2017, 09:28:41 AM »
Can we do a better job of editing this

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #101 on: February 26, 2017, 09:30:19 AM »
Well, you have drawn suspicion to yourself by defending known criminals vehemently, this needs to be looked into

The ONLY reason he cares is it's Dusty's dad.

Otherwise he wouldn't give a continental.

Probably wouldn't have even realised it was going on.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #102 on: February 26, 2017, 09:31:46 AM »
are you now defending the defender of a known criminal?  hmmm collusion..more questions

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: February 26, 2017, 11:19:16 AM »

The ONLY reason he cares is it's Dusty's dad.

Otherwise he wouldn't give a continental.

Probably wouldn't have even realised it was going on.
It's not about caring. It's about what is right. It's about transparent processes. Of course we are only aware of this because he is the father of a well known sports person. That itself is a concern.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #104 on: February 26, 2017, 02:22:39 PM »

LMAO. Now we have to prove our innocence. Are you serious? Do you really want to be arrested and have to prove you were innocent?  :help

LYAO indeed. Are you 100% sure he's not committed a crime? I'll bet you were one of those purists who didn't think Ben Cousins was taking drugs until it was too late because he never tested positive. Good criminals don't always get caught.  LMAO at your naivety
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 09:59:28 PM by WilliamPowell »
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.