Author Topic: Dustin Martin on 'A Current Affair' Monday night  (Read 10819 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dustin Martin on 'A Current Affair' Monday night
« Reply #105 on: February 26, 2017, 02:59:47 PM »

LYAO indeed. Are you 100% sure he's not committed a crime? I'll bet you were one of those purists who didn't think Ben Cousins was taking drugs until it was too late because he never tested positive. Good criminals don't always get caught.  LMAO at your naivety
Really? Gee whizz I didn't know that!
Are you bloody serious? I'm not even talking about being 100% sure that he was innocent. I'm talking about if you are 100% sure he is guilty of committing crimes recently.

That IS the law. You must be presumed innocent until PROVEN guilty. Or did you conveniently forget that? LMAO at your stupidity if you just didn't know that.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 10:00:47 PM by WilliamPowell »
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #106 on: February 26, 2017, 03:56:23 PM »
Not sure that the principles of natural justice for courts of law apply for immigration matters.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #107 on: February 26, 2017, 04:14:09 PM »
Not sure that the principles of natural justice for courts of law apply for immigration matters.
That has been exactly my point. Transparency. What are the rules that pertain to deportation? We know Shane did commit crimes but that was a long time ago. What rules has he recently transgressed to facilitate his deportation? Have others been deported too who have been in similar situations? Was he picked on because he is a famous sportsman's son? If others are at risk (and I'm sure there are) what can they do to prevent their deportation? Can Shane have done anything to prevent his deportation other than becoming a citizen?

These are the questions we should ALL be asking. Not just because Shane is Dustin's dad, but because we all should be aware of the rules. We then may be able to use them to deport those who are making the country less safe by alerting authorities of those who clearly fit the criteria of dangerous people who can be deported. However, we are all in the dark.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #108 on: February 26, 2017, 04:47:44 PM »
I wouldn't mind a few people being deported

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #109 on: February 26, 2017, 05:27:11 PM »
That has been exactly my point. Transparency. What are the rules that pertain to deportation? We know Shane did commit crimes but that was a long time ago. What rules has he recently transgressed to facilitate his deportation? Have others been deported too who have been in similar situations? Was he picked on because he is a famous sportsman's son? If others are at risk (and I'm sure there are) what can they do to prevent their deportation? Can Shane have done anything to prevent his deportation other than becoming a citizen?

These are the questions we should ALL be asking. Not just because Shane is Dustin's dad, but because we all should be aware of the rules. We then may be able to use them to deport those who are making the country less safe by alerting authorities of those who clearly fit the criteria of dangerous people who can be deported. However, we are all in the dark.

Just stop, you are being too logical, many here won't understand what you are saying.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #110 on: February 26, 2017, 05:49:34 PM »
I wouldn't mind a few people being deported

Do it  :clapping
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #111 on: February 26, 2017, 05:57:57 PM »

You have valid points but tell me this, please. If you travelled/ lived overseas and didn't become a citizen of that country, committed serious crimes and joined and retained a membership of a group that is linked to crime, do you think you wouldn't be at risk of deportation regardless of whether you had knowledge of the deportation policy?

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #112 on: February 26, 2017, 06:21:28 PM »
Really? Gee whizz I didn't know that!
Are you bloody serious? I'm not even talking about being 100% sure that he was innocent. I'm talking about if you are 100% sure he is guilty of committing crimes recently.

That IS the law. You must be presumed innocent until PROVEN guilty. Or did you conveniently forget that? LMAO at your stupidity if you just didn't know that.

I'm aware of the law. Where did I state I wasn't aware of the law?
I'm also aware that people try to break the law and get away with it.
Are you aware of that?
Why do you resort to personal attacks when you got all hot and steamy about that topic a few weeks ago?
I find it quite offensive. Are you going to apologise or will you continue posting sanctimonious rants that don't take anyone that has a contrary view.
It must be sad to live such a narrow minded life.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 10:03:54 PM by WilliamPowell »
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #113 on: February 26, 2017, 06:26:12 PM »

You have valid points but tell me this, please. If you travelled/ lived overseas and didn't become a citizen of that country, committed serious crimes and joined and retained a membership of a group that is linked to crime, do you think you wouldn't be at risk of deportation regardless of whether you had knowledge of the deportation policy?

I wouldn't bother, you'll get called an idiot and when you question then get called abusive. It's a shame because a good chunk of his posts are informative and insightful, it's just when someone chooses a different path he seems to think no horse can be high enough to climb aboard.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #114 on: February 26, 2017, 06:34:11 PM »

If I had paid my dues for my crimes and had not committed any others I would really would want to know why I was being deported. Just being associated with a group of people isn't enough. Do you say all cops are bad just because there are dirty cops? Of course not. I have continually stated that if evidence exists that directly involves him to ANY criminal activity now then that is a good reason to deport him. Just having an association with a bikie gang isn't a valid reason IMHO. Any fair minded person would agree.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #115 on: February 26, 2017, 06:46:42 PM »
I'm aware of the law. Where did I state I wasn't aware of the law?
I'm also aware that people try to break the law and get away with it.
Are you aware of that?
Why do you resort to personal attacks when you got all hot and steamy about that topic a few weeks ago?
I find it quite offensive. Are you going to apologise or will you continue posting sanctimonious rants that don't take anyone that has a contrary view.
It must be sad to live such a narrow minded life.
Apologise for what? Why don't you read your own sanctimonious posts? You called me naive for instance. You make silly statements referring to the fact that people commit crimes and get away with it. I didn't come down in the last shower. I think everyone here realises that basic fact. This still doesn't mean we go around and deport people because they may have committed more crimes and got away with them. There is a good reason why there must be some proof before we arrest people.
If you find my posts offensive, that's not my problem. Why don't you find some logical argument to convince me that you are correct in your views instead of complaining? I haven't seen any logic so far. I don't find the statement that people break the law and get away with it adds anything to the argument. You also might think I'm hot and steamy about the topic but nothing could be further from the truth. I'm extremely comfortable with my view.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 10:04:29 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #116 on: February 26, 2017, 06:50:14 PM »
That facts are that you Y&BB are comfortable with all your views which speaks volumes. Anyway, there was a valid post that I'm taking on board as I've gone off topic which I'm happy to admit to contributing to and will now move on.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #117 on: February 26, 2017, 06:50:45 PM »
Apologise for what? Why don't you read your own sanctimonious posts? You called me naive for instance. You make silly statements referring to the fact that people commit crimes and get away with it. I didn't come down in the last shower. I think everyone here realises that basic fact. This still doesn't mean we go around and deport people because they may have committed more crimes and got away with them. There is a good reason why there must be some proof before we arrest people.
If you find my posts offensive, that's not my problem. Why don't you find some logical argument to convince me that you are correct in your views instead of complaining? I haven't seen any logic so far. I don't find the statement that people break the law and get away with it adds anything to the argument. You also might think I'm hot and steamy about the topic but nothing could be further from the truth. I'm extremely comfortable with my view.

:clapping
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 09:51:04 PM by WilliamPowell »

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #118 on: February 26, 2017, 08:10:14 PM »
So lets hope Dusty gets his dad back, for his and his brothers sake and also the family that Dutton has torn apart!

Shame on you Dutton and your selective inconsistent biased laws.

"Rucks:

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #119 on: February 26, 2017, 08:13:49 PM »
So lets hope Dusty gets his dad back, for his and his brothers sake and also the family that Dutton has torn apart!

Shame on you Dutton and your selective inconsistent biased laws.

I don't mind Dutton, I am glad someone in power is worried about national security