Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt misses too many easy set shots: Choco Williams (SEN)  (Read 1355 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Riewoldt must straighten up: Williams

By Ben Casanelia
SEN
Feb 20, 2017

Former Richmond assistant coach Mark Williams doubts Jack Riewoldt is accurate enough to lead the Tigers’ forwardline.

Williams, who spent four seasons at Tigerland as a development coach and worked closely with the enigmatic forward, challenged his former protégé to step up on the eve of a critically important season.

“He kicks okay but he misses too many easy ones,” Williams told SEN Afternoons.

“Those set shots have to be at 80% (accuracy). It’s an area he can improve on and goalkicking is his number one thing and he needs to be the best shot (in the AFL).”

Last season the 28-year-old kicked 48.34 – his lowest goal tally since 2009 – but failed to nail a number critical shots in key moments during games.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/02/20/Riewoldt-must-straighten-up:%20Williams/

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jack Riewoldt misses too many easy set shots: Choco Williams (SEN)
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 07:01:02 AM »
What critical shots is he referring to, we were stuffed practically from the start of the season.

The last big game he was involved in was the final v North where from memory he kicked extremely well.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 08:50:08 AM »

By Ben Casanelia
SEN
Feb 20, 2017

Former Richmond assistant coach Mark Williams doubts Jack Riewoldt is accurate enough to lead the Tigers’ forwardline.

Williams, who spent four seasons at Tigerland as a development coach and worked closely with the enigmatic forward, challenged his former protégé to step up on the eve of a critically important season.

“Those set shots have to be at 80% (accuracy). It’s an area he can improve on and goalkicking is his number one thing and he needs to be the best shot (in the AFL).”

Last season the 28-year-old kicked 48.34 – his lowest goal tally since 2009 – but failed to nail a number critical shots in key moments during games.

When you are instructed to lead to the pocket what do you expect?

FlashGordon

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 12:36:08 PM »

By Ben Casanelia
SEN
Feb 20, 2017

When you are instructed to lead to the pocket what do you expect?

But its the % lead according the brainless trust  :banghead

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 12:56:36 PM »
When Jack was winning Colemans - he was a real dead eye .  I have noticed he is not as consistent as he once was .

Still better than his cousin though .
Unleash the tornado

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 02:36:34 PM »
I understand he has had ankle issues?

Doesn't help when you're kicking on a 30 degree angle in the pocket every stuffing time.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 04:46:20 PM »
When Jack was winning Colemans - he was a real dead eye .  I have noticed he is not as consistent as he once was .

Still better than his cousin though .
Maybe the fact he is asked to run up and down the field means that his legs are aching when he is having set shots decreasing his precision..... :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 05:41:14 PM »
You might be onto something there.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2017, 09:21:44 PM »
Still the only player in our team besides Martin to have a shot after the siren.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2017, 09:47:14 PM »
Eh?
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2017, 10:26:05 PM »
I understand he has had ankle issues?

Doesn't help when you're kicking on a 30 degree angle in the pocket every stuffing time.
Is kicking on a 30 degree angle an easy shot?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2017, 11:00:15 PM »
Jack is one of the best set shots at goal in the AFL imo. His kicking style is flawless.
Like some others have said, kicking from the pockets at the G during our wet and windy winters is no easy task. Try letting him lead up the middle and see how the percentage changes.
Coaching a club to only be able to kick 10 goals a game isn't going to win you many games and that is what Halfwit has done.

I just hope he listens a bit more to what the new assistants have to say otherwise what was the point.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2017, 04:29:10 PM »
Jack is one of the best set shots at goal in the AFL imo. His kicking style is flawless.
Like some others have said, kicking from the pockets at the G during our wet and windy winters is no easy task. Try letting him lead up the middle and see how the percentage changes.
Coaching a club to only be able to kick 10 goals a game isn't going to win you many games and that is what Halfwit has done.

I just hope he listens a bit more to what the new assistants have to say otherwise what was the point.
:clapping
The club that keeps giving.

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2017, 07:08:04 PM »

Exactly. The game plan with its slow delivery into the forward line was a pure hindrance.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2017, 07:50:42 PM »
He did miss some easy ones last year.  Not sure why he has gotten sloppy, might be mood that was going round at the club, might of been the injury was making him kick like a gimp but he did miss some that my one legged mate would of nailed mid seizure.  Disclaimer: Owl's facts may or not be false news depending on how smashed Owl is at the time of reporting.
Lots of people name their swords......