Author Topic: Matchday thread - Richmond vs Adelaide JLT 2  (Read 6680 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Matchday thread - Richmond vs Adelaide JLT 2
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2017, 12:07:36 AM »
Good win.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2017, 12:30:31 AM »
Prestia, Caddy & Nankervis will all pay off big time for us!  It looks as if we have got something right for a change, in fact we got 3 somethings right!  Its early days but each of them looked like answers to some of our past problems, that's a tick, tick, tick! 
Lets hope the injury gods are good to us this year (for a change).   :bow 
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2017, 05:01:33 AM »
Ben Lemon?  Tearing it up, 2 disposals so far.

Couldn't tear up wet tissues
Seriously

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2017, 05:26:24 PM »
I just thought is was good to start a season with some intent .

Previous  pre seasons have been diabolical.  Losing to Melbourne  ( when they were crap )  Last years circus in Mandurah. 

We always defend Richmond and accuse people of being dramatic  "chicken littles "

The defensive pressure was a very pleasant surprise. 
Unleash the tornado

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2017, 05:47:57 PM »
Not going to get too excited as it was only a practical Gamrie

But...

It was obvious what  the changes to the game style were. Faster ball movement, more prepared to take the game on.

Have no issue with howlers if you play with intent

Also, to simply see the defensive pressure all over the ground,  2nd & 3rd efforts the norm rather than the eception was a good sign.

Need to continue down that path, no matter the reuslts. Why, IMO we'll be end up in a position to win games more regularly

It was a pleasing night, more positives than negatives for a change
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2017, 07:34:11 PM »
If there were two players that need to make a statement having finally had a full pre season both first round selections in the draft both need to give something back it's Conca and Lennon.
I was hoping for more from both but not even able to impose themselves on a hit and giggle pre season game game that was mostly devoid of defensive intent.
If these blokes are already struggling after a full preseason I'm not holding my breath.
The club that keeps giving.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2017, 09:22:00 PM »
Anyone else think we got the raw end of the deal again with the free kicks. 22 them 11 us :banghead
This continues to grate me :thumbsdown

tony_montana

« Reply #83 on: February 25, 2017, 10:38:57 PM »

But...

It was obvious what  the changes to the game style were. Faster ball movement, more prepared to take the game on.

Also, to simply see the defensive pressure all over the ground,  2nd & 3rd efforts the norm rather than the eception was a good sign.

Need to continue down that path, no matter the reuslts. Why, IMO we'll be end up in a position to win games more regularly

100% agree. Was also pleasing to see us get rewarded from a bit of luck when we looked to move it fwd at all costs - all of a sudden you'll find you get a lucky bounce or deflection here or there to create 2-3 goals a game out of nothing. With our usual style that just never happens. Really hope we keep going with it.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #84 on: February 25, 2017, 10:42:55 PM »

But...

100% agree. Was also pleasing to see us get rewarded from a bit of luck when we looked to move it fwd at all costs - all of a sudden you'll find you get a lucky bounce or deflection here or there to create 2-3 goals a game out of nothing. With our usual style that just never happens. Really hope we keep going with it.

The other thing and showed last night, just the extra pressure or perceived pressure force the opposition to make mistakes. Happened to Adelaide last night alot in the back half
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

tony_montana

« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2017, 11:10:51 PM »
Some nice positives - namely our new recruits and gamestyle was distinctly different.

Prestia and caddy add a fair bit of grunt in the midfield. Nankervis- geez its good to see a ruckman that follows up with 2nd and 3rd efforts. George and butler showed some real dash and rioli.... i dont care im going to say it, kids going to be special. stuffing electric! dont have to be a student of the game to see how quickly he's developing both physically and in game sense.

Negatives - the usual plodders

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: February 25, 2017, 11:20:47 PM »
Some nice positives - namely our new recruits and gamestyle was distinctly different.

Prestia and caddy add a fair bit of grunt in the midfield. Nankervis- geez its good to see a ruckman that follows up with 2nd and 3rd efforts. George and butler showed some real dash and rioli.... i dont care im going to say it, kids going to be special. stuffing electric! dont have to be a student of the game to see how quickly he's developing both physically and in game sense.

Negatives - the usual plodders
Good summary TM. :thumbsup
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

FlashGordon

« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2017, 10:03:25 AM »
Final teams ...

RICHMOND

Out: Jacob Townsend, Nathan Broad, Mabior Chol

1. Nick Vlastuin, 2. Dylan Grimes, 3. Dion Prestia, 4. Dustin Martin, 5. Brandon Ellis, 6. Shaun Grigg, 7. Ben Lennon, 8. Jack Riewoldt, 9. Trent Cotchin, 10. Shane Edwards, 11. Jake Batchelor, 12. David Astbury, 17. Daniel Rioli, 20. Ivan Maric, 22. Josh Caddy, 24. Ben Griffiths, 25. Toby Nankervis, 26. Anthony Miles, 27. Sam Lloyd, 28. Taylor Hunt, 30. Reece Conca, 31. Oleg Markov, 32. Corey Ellis, 33. Kamdyn McIntosh, 40. Daniel Butler, 46. Jason Castagna

Notable absentee Alex Rance

EFA

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2017, 06:50:27 AM »
I didn't see the game but was hoping someone could advise on their perceptions on the midfield dynamics with Prestia, Caddy and Miles?

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2017, 07:21:52 AM »
Not sure how much miles fits in anymore. Seems like we've upgraded, could be a good depth player.