Author Topic: Remembering Spud.  (Read 3350 times)

Ox

Re: Remembering Spud.
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2006, 03:08:00 AM »
Hey X,
next time u see spud when your fishing just punch the absolute crap out of him.

That would be fantastic thanx :thumbsup

Kick him in the throat for me.

:gotigers

letsgetiton!

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2006, 09:12:39 AM »
Hey X,
next time u see spud when your fishing just punch the absolute crap out of him.

That would be fantastic thanx :thumbsup

Kick him in the throat for me.

:gotigers

mate, i would love to! the bay is pretty big too, some deep spots. do u know how many times i have dreamed about taking spud on a scenic cruise on the bay in my boat  :shh   only if !

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2006, 11:22:57 AM »
when he made the rfc give bourke a guard of honor when the saiths pumped us it made me sick, i wanted to hunt that pr_k down, how dare he make the rfc give a saints player or any other player a guard of honor!!!

I've always found this guard of honour thing rather funny - now I am not one to defend the bloke but .....

The Bourke thing was not the first time the Tigers did it.

Everyone seems to forget that they did the same thing in 2001 for one S. Silvagni for his 300th game at the MCG - no-one complained then, most thought it was great sportsmanship. Biggest difference IMV was the fact we won the game and were sitting 3rd on the ladder at the time. Remember we did this for a player of one of our most hated rivals in the Blues  ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

letsgetiton!

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2006, 03:59:03 PM »
when he made the rfc give bourke a guard of honor when the saiths pumped us it made me sick, i wanted to hunt that pr_k down, how dare he make the rfc give a saints player or any other player a guard of honor!!!

I've always found this guard of honour thing rather funny - now I am not one to defend the bloke but .....

The Bourke thing was not the first time the Tigers did it.

Everyone seems to forget that they did the same thing in 2001 for one S. Silvagni for his 300th game at the MCG - no-one complained then, most thought it was great sportsmanship. Biggest difference IMV was the fact we won the game and were sitting 3rd on the ladder at the time. Remember we did this for a player of one of our most hated rivals in the Blues  ;D

thats a big difference though imho, if we thumped the saints or even just beat them, it would not have bothered me, but we got flogged. it just was not the time or place .
another thing, i know we all hate the blues, they are our arch enemy, so i guess even though we hate each other, a mutual respect is there. but the saints!!!!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2006, 04:16:15 PM »
It's been what 18 months so we've surely moved on from the Spud era.

He's legacy will be getting us to the finals with his one and only plan A of two big marking forwards  while grinding out 4 quarters of negating footy everywhere else on the park :sleep. Then opposition coaches worked us out and Spud had no plan B. Add to that pathetic recruiting and delusions of being close to a flag and we spirialled towards the spoon instead.

While he was responsible for our onfields woes by then end, I don't blame him entirely for what happended to our Club off-field. We'd been a basketcase for a long time before Spud arrived. It was our own fault that Spud ended up coaching us. Remember because of the past 20 year habit of sacking coaches every second year :banghead, we were left at the end of 1999 with a choice between Spud and ex-bomber Tony Elshaw (sp?). No one else and especially no one decent wanted to touch us.

While 2004 was hell on earth for the Club, IMHO it will go down as a watershed year where we had to hit rock bottom before waking up to ourselves to what a sham our Club had become. There would be no Wallace, Lids, etc .. if we had sacked Spud a year or two earlier. We had to go through that pain.  
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd