Author Topic: Remembering Spud.  (Read 3349 times)

Offline Captain__Blood

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Remembering Spud.
« on: February 03, 2006, 12:41:41 AM »
As a player

1984 - Wooden Spoon
1985 - Wooden Spoon
1986 - Wooden Spoon
1988 - Wooden Spoon

As an Assistant Coach

1999 - Wooden Spoon

As a Senior Coach

2002 - 3rd last
2003 - 4th last
2004 - Wooden Spoon

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
Re: Remembering Spud.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 12:46:52 AM »
Do we have to remember him  :banghead  :help
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Ox

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 01:23:52 AM »
As a player

1984 - Wooden Spoon
1985 - Wooden Spoon
1986 - Wooden Spoon
1988 - Wooden Spoon

As an Assistant Coach

1999 - Wooden Spoon

As a Senior Coach

2002 - 3rd last
2003 - 4th last
2004 - Wooden Spoon

Rollin' on the floor at what a seasoned loser he is. :lol

letsgetiton!

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 06:29:56 AM »
my fondest memory of spud occured at the jack dyer medal night when cogs won.

i saw spud sitting eating his meal sitting next his ex saint lover and try hard assistant coach stewie .

i walked up to spud, tapped him on the shouler will he was drinking some red , eating his meal and gazing into stewies eyes . i said to him, sorry spud 4 interrupting ur meal, but i just wanted to come over and congratulate you for all u have done these past yrs for our club!

he said thanks mate, and gave me his hand to shake.

i then said......................

why would i wanna shake ur hand....

i am congratulating u bec u have turned our once proud club into to the laughing stock of the afl , the biggest joke since the saints. u have transformed us into the worst team ever , just like the team u played 4, i then said thanks for turning us into losers like u and the saints' team u played 4.

he looked shocked clenched his  fist and stewie held it down. i then laughed  and said thats right ladies, keep holding hands!

spud then tole me to f off!!!! i then laughed and said, dont mind if i do f off, i will go find my lady and let you f off together as usual!

thats my memorable moment with spud!

spud RIP..........................  na f ya , rot in hell u piece of useless turd!

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 08:59:31 AM »
X, Stop being evasive and tell us how you really feel.  ;D

As a coach, Frawley was pathetic and he did untold damage to the club by setting us back at least 3 years. As a person, I found him to be a fairly reasonable bloke, so I will refrain from an outburst of personal insults. He did come from a losing culture as shown by his career stats. That was our biggest mistake. The club should never employ anyone, player or coach who has been involved in a long term career of losing.

X, whilst I understand your frustration, I think you were a bit out of line in what you did. Never once did I think that Frawley had a grand plan to destroy our club, He just couldn't coach. Maybe some of your venom should be directed more towards the people who employed him and kept him at the club even when they knew that he was killing us.

Offline Mini Tiger

• Future Richmond star
  • Is that a change on the horizon?
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 09:48:01 AM »
I like to remember 2001, but, the games that we did win and play were not ones that I like re-watching, they were painful some of them.

I think of Spud as the depression we had to have, and it will take a long time for him to be erased from my memory.

Ox

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2006, 12:25:50 PM »

i saw spud sitting eating his meal sitting next his ex saint lover and try hard assistant coach stewie .

i walked up to spud, tapped him on the shouler will he was drinking some red , eating his meal and gazing into stewies eyes . i said to him, sorry spud 4 interrupting ur meal, but i just wanted to come over and congratulate you for all u have done these past yrs for our club!

i am congratulating u bec u have turned our once proud club into to the laughing stock of the afl , the biggest joke since the saints. u have transformed us into the worst team ever , just like the team u played 4, i then said thanks for turning us into losers like u and the saints' team u played 4.

he looked shocked clenched his  fist and stewie held it down. i then laughed  and said thats right ladies, keep holding hands!

spud then tole me to f off!!!! i then laughed and said, dont mind if i do f off, i will go find my lady and let you f off together as usual!

spud RIP..........................  na f ya , rot in hell u piece of useless turd!

If thats actually true x ,then  :bow

If its not you're a wanker

letsgetiton!

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2006, 01:32:56 PM »

If thats actually true x ,then  :bow

If its not you're a wanker

its all truth and nothing but the truth. if i never said or did it i would not have posted it, its no secret i hate the guy with a passion.

when he made the rfc give bourke a guard of honor when the saiths pumped us it made me sick, i wanted to hunt that pr_k down, how dare he make the rfc give a saints player or any other player a guard of honor!!!

that just showed the world he was never a tiger  coach, and his love 4 the saints never left, he even admitted to wearing saints socks under his tiger coaching gear.

i have had a few verbals with spud since, i see him often at portarlington where i fish alot and he holidays frequently. i have absolut no respect for that dud.

he tried to kill us and when in his last yr , the crows thumped us at the dome, if u recall , miller, casey and spud had a meeting str8 after the game. spud was told to resign, the tiges could not sack him as he was contracted. sopud was told that the players had lost faith in him full stop and to anounce his resignation. he tole them no way , u want me out sack me, he just wanted his pay out. he then went out to destroy us more intentiionally. i cant reveal my source  for this info, as i have sworn to secrecy .

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2006, 05:18:10 PM »
Spud provided a lot of humour, even if it was deep seated with tragedy.  The masochist in me salutes him.

I'd love to smash him though, lol.

X, roflmao. You've got to be pleased that spud at least gave yoru boy Krak a decent go.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2006, 05:57:23 PM »
Spud provided a lot of humour, even if it was deep seated with tragedy.  The masochist in me salutes him.

I'd love to smash him though, lol.

X, roflmao. You've got to be pleased that spud at least gave yoru boy Krak a decent go.
that i am pleased about, but what  i was not pleased about, is how spud nursed him in cotton wool, and let him off easy at training. we have read  and seen many times how one questions kraks work ethic at training, well we must thank spud for those bad habbits. if spud treated him as he should have, he should have taught him the discipline of training hard from day one.

damn that potatoe peice of poo

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2006, 06:53:14 PM »

that i am pleased about, but what  i was not pleased about, is how spud nursed him in cotton wool, and let him off easy at training. we have read  and seen many times how one questions kraks work ethic at training, well we must thank spud for those bad habbits. if spud treated him as he should have, he should have taught him the discipline of training hard from day one.

Agree to an extent and I'd like to blame spud for everything, but a bigger part of the problem there is obviously that Krak is lacking the hunger and motivation that less naturally skilled have. He's got a family to support FFS its about time he grew up and started taking training a bit more seriously. If he cannot motivate himself to do that over the next couple of seasons then that is his choice, but we might as well cut him because he is not THAT good right now.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2006, 07:31:12 PM »

Agree to an extent and I'd like to blame spud for everything, but a bigger part of the problem there is obviously that Krak is lacking the hunger and motivation that less naturally skilled have. He's got a family to support FFS its about time he grew up and started taking training a bit more seriously. If he cannot motivate himself to do that over the next couple of seasons then that is his choice, but we might as well cut him because he is not THAT good right now.

he is good and a natural footballer, our besy tackler and with lids  our smartest player. ktak isnt an athlete, and already this preseason he is showing better training form. he knows more than u and i where he stands and his situation. krak will break outthis yr and dominate i can smell it

Offline Captain__Blood

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2006, 08:32:53 PM »

he is good and a natural footballer, our besy tackler and with lids  our smartest player. ktak isnt an athlete, and already this preseason he is showing better training form. he knows more than u and i where he stands and his situation. krak will break outthis yr and dominate i can smell it

Wonderful hands also.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2006, 08:40:24 PM »

Wonderful hands also.

best hands in our team

Moi

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2006, 09:36:56 PM »
As a player

1984 - Wooden Spoon
1985 - Wooden Spoon
1986 - Wooden Spoon
1988 - Wooden Spoon

As an Assistant Coach

1999 - Wooden Spoon

As a Senior Coach

2002 - 3rd last
2003 - 4th last
2004 - Wooden Spoon
His record is pretty forgettable - dunno why you'd want to remember him.  Let's just erase this bumpkin from our memories forever  :wallywink