Author Topic: Danish cartoons  (Read 4153 times)

Moi

Danish cartoons
« on: February 06, 2006, 09:39:30 AM »
Haven't seen the cartoons, and doubt i'd be offended by them anyway.  Although i support the freedom of the press to say what they like, i also think that those who are prepared to say and do what they like should cop the criticism in return.  In this case, it has gone just a touch too far the reaction, but fairly predictable IMO.  If you're going to knowingly and deliberately go out and insult millions of people, don't be surprised by their reaction.  Hope this doesn't spread into innocent people being hurt or killed.  The latest call by an al qaeda org is to cut them up into little pieces.  Nice.  What a lovely world we live in  ???

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
Re: Danish cartoons
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 05:24:04 PM »
Islamic Fundamentalists have never been known for their sense of humour and I think the publishers of this material should have taken this into account before releasing it. All they needed to do was have a chat to Mr Rushdie to know what the consequences might be in publishing such material.

Take me to a happy place.....Take me to a happy place.  ::)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 07:04:21 PM »
The cartoons I've seen are pretty bad and extreme. More juvenile bigotry than anything else. Obviously deliberately designed to grab attention and cause a ruckus. The reaction to them mind you is just as insane. There's some braindead people in this world  :help.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 08:58:12 PM »
I just had a quick look at all 12 cartoons. They're just plain stupid. Maybe I got lost in the Danish translation. As you said MT, Juvenille Bigotry more than anything. Maybe when the sun thaws their brains up there in Denmark they might actually realise how stupid they look. :banghead They make Joffa look like a Rhodes Scholar. :rollin

Moi

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 09:09:46 PM »
I'm all for freedom of speech and all that, but when i post something on here (which is like another form of media), you still think am i going to offend someone badly by saying this or that (some people you just don't care lol  ;)) and you adjust your posts accordingly.  So regardless of all these media outlets crapping on about their rights etc, surely some commonsense that you're knowingly going to upset millions of people would make you think twice about it.  They do have commonsense, so i'd have to say this was a deliberate attempt to antagonise Muslims.  The ramifications of their stupidity/ill-intent is what i worry about.

Ox

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 12:25:08 AM »
Well then Im upset every time I see comical depictions of Geez Geez in the newspaper.

Why should the little suki la las be immuned to what i categorise as world objective ?

This is a glaring example of muslim fanaticism reaching epidemic  proportions,whatsmore we have to wear the label of catalyst.

Poor little towel heads dont like pictures of Allah appearing in the western media world.

Get over it Habib. :scream

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006, 08:58:00 AM »
Well then Im upset every time I see comical depictions of Geez Geez in the newspaper.

I have to admit, I can't remember the last time I saw one of those in a mainstream tabliod. Maybe I'm reading different Newspapers to you Ox.
You have to remember, that the majority of the worlds fanatical religious fundamentalists are of islamic faith. Christians and Jews generally tend to be more easy going and have the ability to laugh at themselves. I should know... I'm both!  ;) :rollin

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006, 01:09:21 PM »
Wasn't there one with Gary Ablett walking on the Sea of Gallilee or something like that in the late 80's or early 90's?  ;D.

If it's light-hearted humour without spite then it's fine IMO but most of these cartoons I saw from a link on BF must have been drawn by people just as disturbed as the idiots "protesting". Just hatred for hatred's sake  :help.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd