Author Topic: US attacks Syrian base  (Read 7178 times)

Dougeytherichmondfan

US attacks Syrian base
« on: April 07, 2017, 12:06:44 PM »
US attacks Syrian base with cruise missiles
By Julie Pace and Vivian Salama ASSOCIATED PRESS  APRIL 06, 2017

The United States fired a barrage of cruise missiles into Syria Thursday night in retaliation for this week’s gruesome chemical weapons attack against civilians, U.S. officials said. It was the first direct American assault on the Syrian government and Donald Trump’s most dramatic military order since becoming president.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/world/2017/04/06/considering-response-syria-chemical-attack/EKE2DwGAmWRK91OW5hLa1K/story.html

Everywhere on the news at the moment. Very worrying.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Re: US attacks Syrian base
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 05:51:54 PM »
Heres my take after a bit of informed research from both reputable leftwing and right wing sources (hard to find but there are a select few)

Theres been a stand off for a while due to Obama politics and Russias aggressiveness in maintaining its oil contracts and infrastructure with Assad.

Consensus appears to be that the US and the Saudis (the latter of which are suprisingly coordinating local but large anti govt forces) have basically told Russia, Iran and Assad enough is enough.

The US have called Putins bluff. If they want to back Assad for oil theyll have to fight with the biggest dog in the yard - the US and its allies.

As a courtesy to the Russians, they were told in advance of the attack in case they had russoans on the ground. Basically run for your lives comrades.

Russia have pulled their heads in. They wont go to war. Assad is finished.

Its understood Assads entire airforce has been destroyed.

Assad is finished.

The plan is to deal wiith ISIS as part of the overall overthrow but it sounds like Assad is the first goal.

To the victors go the oils. Iraq all over again with a few twists.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Ruanaidh

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 06:10:37 PM »
300 civilians killed in US air strikes in Mosul 2 weeks ago and the administration calls for calm and an investigation. 86 killed by a tactic used previously in Aleppo - a proven 'false flag'....let's bomb now. No call for calm or investigation.

Tonight that orange faced liar and puppet of the NWO became an official partner of Islamic terrorism after Obama was its foster father for 8 years. His constant pro-Israel genuflecting always worried me.
Maybe this is why Bannon has been sidelined by the Zionist Jew son-in-law. The first Christian culture on Earth will be destroyed. Nothing ever changes.....I'm out. Only a born and raised Libertarian has any hope to extricate the US from globalist clutches.

P.s. That base would have held many Russian advisors and remember Russia has a mutual defence treaty with Syria FFS! Meanwhile our  cuck Jew PM offers support for the crime.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 09:18:47 PM by Ruanaidh »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 09:39:52 PM »
Russian President Vladimir Putin has condemned US cruise missile strikes on Syria as illegal, warning the move would further damage already battered US-Russia relations which Moscow had hoped President Donald Trump would revive.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/34950690/putin-says-us-strikes-on-syria-illegal/#page1

Ruanaidh

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 09:45:48 PM »
Russian President Vladimir Putin has condemned US cruise missile strikes on Syria as illegal, warning the move would further damage already battered US-Russia relations which Moscow had hoped President Donald Trump would revive.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/34950690/putin-says-us-strikes-on-syria-illegal/#page1
it was also reported on RT that Russia stated that no security will be granted for US jets therefore they will be vulnerable to s400 batteries. The Jihadi bastards are rejoicing. Apparently they gathered and attacked Syrian troops en masse (in  Homs) soon after the raid. Did they know the attacks were imminent?

Ruanaidh

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 07:11:52 AM »
Trump shredded the declaration that he is a constitutionalist with his insane bombing of Syria. Also in tatters is his antiwar rhetoric, America First slogan and anti-Islamic terror proclamations. He now has lost all credibility.
This pearl of truth coming from CounterPunch of all places:

http://www.counterpunch.org/2017/04/07/before-we-go-to-war-with-syria-inconvenient-truths-must-be-confronted/

Trump now in league with Madmen McCain and Graham:

http://www.news.com.au/world/middle-east/russia-warns-of-inevitable-negative-consequences-following-us-air-strikes-on-syria/news-story/d181f26c14f8b183cda6e6cffcd21c8e
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 07:38:55 AM by Ruanaidh »

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2017, 09:34:59 AM »
Trump shredded the declaration that he is a constitutionalist with his insane bombing of Syria. Also in tatters is his antiwar rhetoric, America First slogan and anti-Islamic terror proclamations. He now has lost all credibility.

Without wanting to sound glib or condescending but are you really that surprised by what he did?

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2017, 11:53:16 AM »

Without wanting to sound glib or condescending but are you really that surprised by what he did?

And Since when did Trump have credibility in the first place?
"Sliding doors moment.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2017, 06:23:19 PM »

And Since when did Trump have credibility in the first place?

I agree with you

But it appears some people are shocked by what his dished up especially his latest effort
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2017, 06:32:47 PM »

Clever politics no more no less.

People are no longer talking about a Trump Russia connection.

Interesting times with this madman in charge.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2017, 06:37:26 PM »

No, especially after seeing his war mongering defence appointments. I expected his reasoning was to direct them at ISIS not Assad. As I have stated I am a Bannon supporter more than a Trump supporter but I did hold out some hope,......but not anymore.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2017, 07:34:23 PM »
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 09:09:20 PM by Ruanaidh »

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2017, 08:24:06 PM »
Well what a surprise....turns out (((they))) still run the show....... :whistle
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 08:56:11 PM by Diocletian »
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

dwaino

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2017, 08:37:00 PM »
(((They))) have had their noses in everything for a very long time.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2017, 09:13:58 PM »
(((They))) have had their noses in everything for a very long time.

Exactly.
"Sliding doors moment.