Author Topic: ‘How’s your five-year plan going, Plough?’ (Herald-Sun)  (Read 306 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
‘How’s your five-year plan going, Plough?’

Scott Gullan,
Herald Sun
19 April 2017

RICHMOND fans have a long memory.

Just ask Terry Wallace.

A couple of weeks ago the former Tigers coach was at the MCG to commentate on his old side’s clash with West Coast.

It was that ugly Saturday afternoon where the heavens opened and Wallace was soaking wet by the time he got to his car.

Just as he climbed in he noticed a piece of paper attached to the windscreen.

“It was a big note and I thought I’d better get back out and grab it as it might be an old friend trying to get in touch or something like that,” Wallace explained.

“So I got back out into rain, grabbed the note which was starting to fall apart and then got back in the car.”

He couldn’t help but laugh with what he found on the note: `How’s your five-year plan going Plough?’.

Wallace left Punt Rd in 2009 but the Tiger faithful clearly haven’t forgotten his ... tenure which didn’t go according to plan.

“It’s funny because I couldn’t be happier about how they are going and you’d think the fans would be enjoying it too but they still have time for this,” he said.

He also still gets gentle reminders from the Tigers faithful about the drafting of Richard Tambling ahead of Lance Franklin.

“I’ll be walking along and in mumbled tones you’ll hear ‘Richard Tambling’ or ‘Lance Franklin’ get mentioned,” Wallace said.

“It’s all part of it and they’re certainly passionate supporters.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/richmond-fan-leaves-note-on-former-coach-terry-wallaces-car/news-story/cdff44da9a888c75890196342f9ea990