Author Topic: Heath Shaw sledge  (Read 2715 times)

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Heath Shaw sledge
« on: April 23, 2017, 06:49:34 AM »
Heath Shaw looks to be in some trouble for a sledge on Swans player Papley for calling him a stuffing fool.

It was picked up by the microphones and fat head Dunstall took it on himself to apologize to viewers.

In this political correct soft world I suppose the focus is going to be put on sledging but FMD where is the world going when you can't spray during footy.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Heath Shaw sledge
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 07:43:22 AM »
Agreed. Once again if disabled people are offended then perhaps he should apologise to them, but if not everyone else should stfu.

Match review panel lmfao
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 10:05:31 AM »
Agreed. Once again if disabled people are offended then perhaps he should apologise to them, but if not everyone else should stfu.

Match review panel lmfao

It's not only disabled people who are offended by that Angus.

I've called people out on here for using the term "moron" because it is a gutless term used by cowards

You think it's OK to mock people? Taunt the mentally impaired because they are different?

We're you one of those "heroes" that used to laugh and point at the "old blue" buses that had the "spazzos" in them?

And please don't tell me this is different. Because it isn't. You condone allowing Shaw to get away with this then you are condoning the mocking, taunting, laughing, finger pointing.

Yes I have a personal interest / connection when it comes to the disabled and I don't apologise for that.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 12:20:38 AM by one-eyed »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 01:49:18 PM »
The guy was in a headlock or just been in a headlock.

I'm sure his focus was on saying the politically correct sledge.

Again. The worlds gone soft and some perspective is needed.

Things happen in pressure moments. Does anyone really think Heath Shaw believes that the strangler has a mental impairment.

I'm a whopping 37yo and 20 years ago that word was commonly used.

Heath Shaw needs to be cut some slack. If anything should be the focus, it's should be the strangler.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 02:41:29 PM »
What I find interesting is that Heath would never have apologised to Papley if the microphone hadn't picked up the comment....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 03:18:46 PM »
What I find interesting is that Heath would never have apologised to Papley if the microphone hadn't picked up the comment....

Why should he when the hundreds of footballers who also do this don't apologize.

And to answer my own question because we leave in a socially correct society these days where no one is allowed to be offended and every one gets a prize

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 03:27:15 PM »

Why should he when the hundreds of footballers who also do this don't apologize.

And to answer my own question because we leave in a socially correct society these days where no one is allowed to be offended and every one gets a prize
Why should he apologise to Papley just because the mike picked it up then?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

tony_montana

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 03:54:34 PM »
Bc if he doesn't it will be blown out of all proportion by the headline seeking media demanding retribution.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 03:57:04 PM »
Expecting blokes to regulate their language in the middle of a beating the crap out of each other , while running the equivalent of a half-marathon and juggling a football is laughable. Stop imposing your trivial, prissy, delicate middle-class sensibilties on our working class game.
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 05:16:16 PM »
With all the swear filtering, I have nfi what anyone is saying.
Moron? Ffs.

From what you've told me, Dunstall is the one who should apologise for apologising for us.
Caracella and Balmey.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2017, 09:12:25 PM »

Match review panel lmfao

It's not only disabled people who are offended by that Angus.

I've called people out on here for using the term "moron" because it is a gutless term used by cowards

You think it's OK to mock people? Taunt the mentally impaired because they are different?

We're you one of those "heroes" that used to laugh and point at the "old blue" buses that had the "spazzos" in them?

And please don't tell me this is different. Because it isn't. You condone allowing Shaw to get away with this then you are condoning the mocking, taunting, laughing, finger pointing.

Yes I have a personal interest / connection when it comes to the disabled and I don't apologise for that.

im sure everyone does know someone who is disabled and  respects those people, but look at his surrounds.

as i said people have copped far worse.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 12:22:35 AM by one-eyed »

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2017, 09:40:10 PM »
Heath Shaw looks to be in some trouble for a sledge on Swans player Papley for calling him a stuffing fool.

Can we allow Chuck to enlighten us with what was really said without fear of banning? I have no idea what was said

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2017, 10:50:30 PM »
Shaw called Papley a f--k--g re=tard

im sure everyone does know someone who is disabled and  respects those people, but look at his surrounds.

"Look at his surrounds"; that's supposed to excuse what he said?

You say everyone knows someone who's disabled and they respect those people. By simply making excuses for what Shaw said shows no respect for "those people". And FWIW, it wasn't just offensive to "those people" it was offensive to many, many more. Reasons being obvious.

You know what you are correct people have copped far worse, but I don't remember reading anywhere in your original post any reference to that. I thought the discussion was about an AFL player who yet again has said something vile.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 12:26:05 AM by one-eyed »

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2017, 10:05:29 PM »
Shaw called Papley a f--k--g re=tard

"Look at his surrounds"; that's supposed to excuse what he said?

You say everyone knows someone who's disabled and they respect those people. By simply making excuses for what Shaw said shows no respect for "those people". And FWIW, it wasn't just offensive to "those people" it was offensive to many, many more. Reasons being obvious.

You know what you are correct people have copped far worse, but I don't remember reading anywhere in your original post any reference to that. I thought the discussion was about an AFL player who yet again has said something vile.

i said in my post, He should apologise to them but everyone else stfu. e.g whingers like you in this instance.

"Once again if disabled people are offended then perhaps he should apologise to them, but if not everyone else should stfu"

Now you are saying you challenged me by asking if i was a person who points at a blue bus full of disabled people. Firstly i have never seen a blue bus and secondly not sure who or why one would do that?

I see jack, selwood and others have said something similar. At least i said he should apologise to disabled people if they were offended i cant recall hearing a player saying that this week.

I dont condone what he said, and whilst his punishment or reason is not acceptable to you, it is to me.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 12:30:57 AM by one-eyed »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2017, 07:05:58 AM »
i said in my post, He should apologise to them but everyone else stfu. e.g whingers like you in this instance.

"Once again if disabled people are offended then perhaps he should apologise to them, but if not everyone else should stfu"

I said it wasn't just disabled people he needed to apologise to, there are plenty of others that were offended.

Now you are saying you challenged me by asking if i was a person who points at a blue bus full of disabled people. Firstly i have never seen a blue bus and secondly not sure who or why one would do that?
I  got knocked to the ground and copped a kick to guts when I told some gutless little cowards to stop it when I was about 15. Throw in a group of us being abused at Jolimont station going home one time because we defended a fellow Tiger fan who was getting picked on by other gutless Tiger supporters because he was different. Won't even go into what my brothers in law have been subjected to..

I dont condone what he said, and whilst his punishment or reason is not acceptable to you, it is to me.

You don't agree with me as I said.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 02:52:59 AM by one-eyed »