Author Topic: The morning after.....  (Read 2101 times)

Offline sugark

• Premiership Captain
Re: The morning after.....
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2017, 10:28:56 AM »
We are very young, younger than most in the media realise. Sure it's disappointing to lose a game that you controlled nearly every measurable stat in but we will learn from it and it will benefit in the long run.

We are close, an experienced kpf would be handy and a quality ball user off half back would just about set us up

It would also help if the million dollar ransom man could kick easy goals in the last qtr for 2 weeks running now!

Must win the next two and put us back in the mix

1. The media know how young we are, but it doesnt suit their agenda to mention it, why give an out to all the richmond bashing material we are currently giving them? The last 3 weeks have been gold for them.

2. I find it extraordinary that any richmond supporter would truly believe we will learn from this when history shows we simply dont learn from it. Learning means confronting and changing things around - we do neither

Because it's a very different group

Rubbish
Our on field and off field leaders have been there right throughout.

So it's the infield leaders fault that Bolton didn't get back to man the mark on the kick in after the goal reversal allowing gas to play on and kick to centre, he will learn from it.

Yes it is when it happens "habitually"

Why is it do you think, that football sides have on field leaders?

I said Bolton will learn from it, you need ALL players to fulfil their role in these situations not just your onfield leaders.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 11:45:32 AM by one-eyed »

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2017, 10:48:04 AM »
I dont know if this is the beginning of something good.

Or if it is the end of era of a team that has masqueraded at times as something competent but in reality has been mediocre.

But what I do know is that leaders of football teams do not miss crunch goals from 25m out .

Players who are demanding almost a million a year do not miss crunch goals from 25 m out

Very Richmondy performance yesterday. 

Unleash the tornado

tony_montana

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2017, 10:52:20 AM »
We are very young, younger than most in the media realise. Sure it's disappointing to lose a game that you controlled nearly every measurable stat in but we will learn from it and it will benefit in the long run.

We are close, an experienced kpf would be handy and a quality ball user off half back would just about set us up

It would also help if the million dollar ransom man could kick easy goals in the last qtr for 2 weeks running now!

1. The media know how young we are, but it doesnt suit their agenda to mention it, why give an out to all the richmond bashing material we are currently giving them? The last 3 weeks have been gold for them.

2. I find it extraordinary that any richmond supporter would truly believe we will learn from this when history shows we simply dont learn from it. Learning means confronting and changing things around - we do neither

Rubbish

So it's the infield leaders fault that Bolton didn't get back to man the mark on the kick in after the goal reversal allowing gas to play on and kick to centre, he will learn from it.

Yes it is when it happens "habitually"

Why is it do you think, that football sides have on field leaders?
I said Bolton will learn from it, you need ALL players to fulfil their role in these situations not just your onfield leaders.

What youre saying is ok when its a once off, but when it happens 3 weeks in a row - twice in 5 years, then it goes a bit deeper than  "the young player will learn from it". Its only happened 8 times in 150 years and twice in the last 5 years to us!

The job of on field leaders is to ensure all players know their roles and to ensure the side sets up correctly and adheres to pre game plans for multiple situations. They have failed with this the last 3 weeks.

Its ok to make mistakes but  having Rioli standing on the wing instead of the back of the square vs fremantle at the final bounce is a LEADERSHIP problem, The senior players shouldve told him where to go. I dont blame Rioli there. Then with Bolton yesterday again the leaders should have TOLD HIM WHERE TO GO, they had enough time to setup during the review.
Im done with this now.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 11:46:19 AM by one-eyed »

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2017, 10:56:14 AM »
Pretty good thanks Dooks

I am pumped for next week and can't wait for it.  All the young players are coming along really well and it is just a matter of time before we click and dominate the competition.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2017, 11:07:30 AM »
Pretty good thanks Dooks

I am pumped for next week and can't wait for it.  All the young players are coming along really well and it is just a matter of time before we click and dominate the competition.

Thanks mate. You always know how to make me feel better.  :thumbsup
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2017, 11:16:24 AM »
2012 Gold Coast, North, Carlton all under a kick. Successive weeks.
2013. Freo, Carlton twice and almost in Round 1 too.
2014. Dogs, North, Port final.
2015. North twice, Melbourne Anzac Eve, West Coast
2016. Collingwood, Geelong, Dogs.
This year the last 3.

Sure we win the odd close one. The one that has written in invisible brackets doesn't matter in it or one that exposes our frailties at a later point in time but the underlying theme of choking is there.

Club, committee, coach, cattle not up to scratch.

As simple as that.

Can see us winning Dreamtime to appeal to the riff raff who don't know any better.

Club got their 70000 members on the back of their good start after their horrendous 2016.

Then again only we can turn a 5-0 start into 5-10 or something like that.

Everything is awesome.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2017, 11:41:01 AM »

Rubbish

So it's the onfield leaders fault that Bolton didn't get back to man the mark on the kick in after the goal reversal allowing gas to play on and kick to centre, he will learn from it.

Actually, yes it is according to Riewoldt in the context of the game being on the line in the dying minutes.

Jack Riewoldt quote from last week:-

“It comes down to every player, but the on field leaders have more of a responsibility for that,” Riewoldt said. I was setting up the forwards where I thought they should be, Alex (Rance) had set up and Trent (Cotchin) had set up."
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 11:43:18 AM by one-eyed »
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2017, 12:16:53 PM »
No dramas here.
U can't get blood from a stone.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2017, 12:20:08 PM »
ppl, I know we're all hurting but discuss the topic and differences of opinion without getting personal.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2017, 12:54:01 PM »
How is everyone feeling now that the adrenaline has worn off?
This isn't the "morning after", it's groundhog Day.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2017, 01:42:44 PM »
Fine thanks.

Caught up with a friend for breakfast.

Spending the arvo at home  with the 4 legged children

Life goes on  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2017, 01:53:36 PM »
2012 Gold Coast, North, Carlton all under a kick. Successive weeks.
2013. Freo, Carlton twice and almost in Round 1 too.
2014. Dogs, North, Port final.
2015. North twice, Melbourne Anzac Eve, West Coast
2016. Collingwood, Geelong, Dogs.
This year the last 3.

Sure we win the odd close one. The one that has written in invisible brackets doesn't matter in it or one that exposes our frailties at a later point in time but the underlying theme of choking is there.

Club, committee, coach, cattle not up to scratch.

As simple as that.

Can see us winning Dreamtime to appeal to the riff raff who don't know any better.

Club got their 70000 members on the back of their good start after their horrendous 2016.

Then again only we can turn a 5-0 start into 5-10 or something like that.

Everything is awesome.

It's so great to have the great Hellenic tiger, Tuckerbag back.
I've missed your excellent, always witty and insightful comments of the Richmond condition.

Where and how have you been?
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2017, 02:03:16 PM »
Geez stuffing Geez on a bike.
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2017, 05:09:53 PM »
What's to be upset about? One step closer to dudwicks sacking

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2017, 06:37:40 PM »
Qtr Quad next week

Rich/Rich/Rich/Ess