Author Topic: The morning after.....  (Read 2097 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
The morning after.....
« on: May 21, 2017, 09:19:13 AM »
How is everyone feeling now that the adrenaline has worn off?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: The morning after.....
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 09:36:06 AM »
To be honest I'm never confident if were even 10 goals up we will find away to screw it up lack of footy smarts,brain fades no leadership and poor coaching.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 09:41:29 AM »
I just have usual feeling.

Hung over  and disappointed but almost immune to it.

Local team got flogged too and sometimes I wish I could just walk away from it all.

Offline sugark

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 09:54:24 AM »
We are very young, younger than most in the media realise. Sure it's disappointing to lose a game that you controlled nearly every measurable stat in but we will learn from it and it will benefit in the long run.

We are close, an experienced kpf would be handy and a quality ball user off half back would just about set us up

It would also help if the million dollar ransom man could kick easy goals in the last qtr for 2 weeks running now!

Must win the next two and put us back in the mix

tony_montana

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 10:01:38 AM »
We are very young, younger than most in the media realise. Sure it's disappointing to lose a game that you controlled nearly every measurable stat in but we will learn from it and it will benefit in the long run.

We are close, an experienced kpf would be handy and a quality ball user off half back would just about set us up

It would also help if the million dollar ransom man could kick easy goals in the last qtr for 2 weeks running now!

1. The media know how young we are, but it doesnt suit their agenda to mention it, why give an out to all the richmond bashing material we are currently giving them? The last 3 weeks have been gold for them.

2. I find it extraordinary that any richmond supporter would truly believe we will learn from this when history shows we simply dont learn from it. Learning means confronting and changing things around - we do neither

Offline sugark

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2017, 10:08:30 AM »

1. The media know how young we are, but it doesnt suit their agenda to mention it, why give an out to all the richmond bashing material we are currently giving them? The last 3 weeks have been gold for them.

2. I find it extraordinary that any richmond supporter would truly believe we will learn from this when history shows we simply dont learn from it. Learning means confronting and changing things around - we do neither

Because it's a very different group

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2017, 10:08:57 AM »
We've said we have been learning for 5 years. Never learn poo from these losses

tony_montana

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2017, 10:11:13 AM »

Rubbish
Our on field and off field leaders have been there right throughout.

tony_montana

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2017, 10:12:13 AM »
We've said we have been learning for 5 years. Never learn poo from these losses
:clapping

Offline sugark

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2017, 10:15:03 AM »

Rubbish

So it's the onfield leaders fault that Bolton didn't get back to man the mark on the kick in after the goal reversal allowing gas to play on and kick to centre, he will learn from it.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 11:48:01 AM by one-eyed »

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2017, 10:21:00 AM »
It's losing the lead in the first place sugark.. 3 weeks in a row !!! I agree its a different group and some younger and inexperienced players but no excuse for 3 weeks in a row let alone all the times we've done this over the years

tony_montana

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2017, 10:22:24 AM »

Rubbish

So it's the infield leaders fault that Bolton didn't get back to man the mark on the kick in after the goal reversal allowing gas to play on and kick to centre, he will learn from it.

Yes it is when it happens "habitually"

Why is it do you think, that football sides have on field leaders?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 11:47:38 AM by one-eyed »

Offline sugark

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2017, 10:22:52 AM »
It's losing the lead in the first place sugark.. 3 weeks in a row !!! I agree its a different group and some younger and inexperienced players but no excuse for 3 weeks in a row let alone all the times we've done this over the years

I agree, it helps if Martin, Castagna and Riewoldt don't miss sitters

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2017, 10:28:42 AM »
Feel no different than usual. Prefer this style of football, used to the losses but the competition is that even I'd still say anything could happen. Big month coming up.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

tony_montana

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2017, 10:28:43 AM »

Nah simonator, its got nothing to do with on field leaders doing their job and making sure the basics of proper setup are at the very least adhered to by the rest of the side.