Author Topic: Richmond AFLW team [merged]  (Read 190964 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Richmond AFLW team 2020 [merged]
« Reply #211 on: January 20, 2020, 09:23:31 PM »
We got flogged.

In what? Not even a practice game?

::)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #212 on: January 20, 2020, 10:12:33 PM »
What was it then? Street Theatre? Performance Art? Interpretive Dance? A Comedy Sketch perhaps?   :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #213 on: January 21, 2020, 06:51:07 AM »
What was it then? Street Theatre? Performance Art? Interpretive Dance? A Comedy Sketch perhaps?   :shh

It was match simulation

5 × 12 minutes phases of stop start match plays from both teams. Players playing managed minutes...

The are playing a proper practice this weekend. Under proper match conditions. Proper hit out... Under proper playing conditions...

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #214 on: January 21, 2020, 08:24:09 AM »
Kate Sheahan hasnt put together a good list. She went after forwards when she should have gone after attacking midfielders who can break the lines. I think well finish bottom 4. Its a real shame.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #215 on: January 21, 2020, 05:51:46 PM »
'I don't think I've ever had this much fun': Star recruit loving life at Tigerland

Sarah Black
womens.afl
21 January 2020

NEW RICHMOND skipper Katie Brennan says she's never enjoyed her football more, coming into her fourth season of AFLW.

Brennan, 27, was elected Richmond's first AFLW captain last week. She previously led the Western Bulldogs from 2017 to 2019, the final season in conjunction with Ellie Blackburn.

"It's been incredible. I don't think I've ever had this much fun, playing football," Brennan said.

"It's a credit to the club and the messages they tell us and the values we hold here, making sure we celebrate the moments and there's been a hell of a lot of support.

"I'm really enjoying a new role running around the midfield [and] also resting forward."

After sensationally switching clubs in May, the former marquee Dog said she's developed her leadership skills over the past few seasons, particularly when sidelined by persistent ankle injuries.

"It's a real honour and an absolute privilege (to be named captain), and something I'm really proud of. I'm equally as proud for the other girls (Christina Bernardi, Phoebe Monahan and Lauren Tesoriero) and to be able to stand side by side and be able to represent our group," Brennan said.

"When you're forced to sit on the sideline for an extended period of time, then you learn to lead in different ways. The biggest things I've learnt is building connections with individuals within the team, but also building that connection within the group.

"We've really practiced a bit of vulnerability, opening up and making sure our girls are building connections on and off the field; sharing in great times, stories and great experiences that can deepen those connections."

Settling into her new position, Brennan said she played just a handful of minutes during Richmond's scratch match against the Western Bulldogs, but there are no injury concerns, she's just "an old girl".

"First hitout, really exciting times for the club. I played a whole of three minutes, so I pulled up pretty well," Brennan said with a laugh.

"Just across the board, we're incredibly proud of our girls. We went in with a few girls not playing or on limited minutes, as many clubs do at this stage, but I think at times we moved the ball really, really well to our structure and we saw some really promising signs about our ball movement.

"But also, as you always do in practice matches, you pick up bits and pieces to work on and we'll address those throughout the weeks to come."

Richmond's vice-captain, hard-running forward Bernardi, said it was special to earn her position after being in Greater Western Sydney's leadership group last year.

"We went through a really thorough process of picking our leadership group. We really took our time, so I'm really honoured that it came from a player vote and we focused on what the players wanted," Bernardi said.

The Tigers will take on West Coast on Sunday in a practice match at Punt Road, with all regular-season home matches to be played at Ikon Park (and one at Bendigo).

"It's awesome playing an interstate club for a 'praccy' match. With West Coast coming over, another new expansion team, it's a bit unknown. We won't be focusing on them too much, it'll be on us and what we can do," Bernardi said.

"Laura McClelland really stood up (against the Dogs), we chucked her in the middle as well, she can play any space. She's a brand new forward of ours, she's a big body and a young kid. 'Courters' (Courtney Wakefield) had strong hands and she's doing really well."

https://womens.afl/news/41349/-i-don-t-think-i-ve-ever-had-this-much-fun-star-recruit-loving-life-at-tigerland

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #216 on: January 22, 2020, 03:21:46 PM »
AFLW Practice Match

Richmond v West Coast Eagles
Sunday, January 26
Swinburne Centre, Punt Rd Oval

Gates open at 12:30pm

The Tigerland Superstore will be open from 12:00pm - 3:00pm

There will also be food trucks, mascot appearances and giveaways

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/football/open-training

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #218 on: January 22, 2020, 06:03:03 PM »
What a motley bunch. Just hanging around like browns cows.

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #219 on: January 22, 2020, 07:25:18 PM »
Anyone going to RFC AFLW launch tomorrow night ?

If so, see you there

Offline Dont Argue

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #220 on: January 22, 2020, 07:32:32 PM »
What a motley bunch. Just hanging around like browns cows.

My thoughts exactly. Thought AFLW was supposed to be a professional competition.
Have never seen the men represented this way.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #221 on: January 22, 2020, 07:32:52 PM »
Anyone going to RFC AFLW launch tomorrow night ?

If so, see you there

Unfortunately, not Taz, work commitments

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #222 on: January 22, 2020, 07:36:00 PM »

My thoughts exactly. Thought AFLW was supposed to be a professional competition.

IMV a ridiculous statement

You clearly have forgotten some of the horrible team photo shots over the years of the men when they are asked to be "silly"

Most vivid one in my memory was when we had "Matrix Men" as a sponsor...so of the comments on this forum at the time were pathetic

Ditto "décor"

And you can throw in a couple of GF snaps as well

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #223 on: January 22, 2020, 07:45:06 PM »

You clearly have forgotten some of the horrible team photo shots over the years of the men when they are asked to be "silly"

Most vivid one in my memory was when we had "Matrix Men" as a sponsor...so of the comments on this forum at the time were pathetic

Ditto "décor"

Me thinks Dont Argue may have forgotten to add the sarcasm emoji !

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #224 on: January 22, 2020, 09:10:20 PM »

Ditto "décor"

Me thinks Dont Argue may have forgotten to add the sarcasm emoji !

Apologies